[MyIS]Spetsnaz stats and high points servers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [MyIS]Spetsnaz stats and high points servers

Hopefully I don't cross any lines here but..
    What happened to your stats? I've played with you before and you had like 35k.
    BTW your the best sniper i've seen, mad props or something /slang

Re: [MyIS]Spetsnaz

They reset his stats. What happen there?

Comment

Did he cheat? I don't know anything here.

Comment

Busted playing on pistol and knives server, someone posted the screenshots in the whole gw vs myis thread. I find this hillarious for so many reasons, however i'll probley end up being banned for saying them.

Comment

Twisted-:
          1) I was not "busted" playing on a knife/pistol server.
          2) We do not censor/ban anyone who doesn't violate our forum rules.

I figured this would come up, so I'll address the issue here.

I recieved an email today from EA games entitled "BF2 support account action":

Service Stat Reset For Battlefield 2 Account(s): [MyIS]Spetsnaz

Your Battlefield 2 account stats have been reset due to the following violation of the Rules of Conduct and Terms of Service.

Violation: Exploitation of game/service mechanics/scoring system

As outlined, you will not violate the Electronic Arts Terms of Service (or others using your Account) to gain unfair advantage via the abuse of game systems or mechanics.

You will not exploit any bug in the Service or in any EA product to gain unfair advantage in the game and you will not communicate the existence of any such bug (either directly or through the public posting) to any other user of the Service. .

You will not do anything that interferes with the ability of other Service users to enjoy playing an EA game and using the Service, in accordance with its rules, or that materially increases the expense or difficulty of Electronic Arts in maintaining the Service for the enjoyment of all its users.

Profiteering in the form of account farming or the reselling of player profiles is not permitted. This is in violation of your end user license agreement, the EA Terms of Service and the IGN User Agreement. Player profiles are the property of EA and IGN and are not transferable either free or for exchange of currency. This is because that by reselling the player profile, the new owner of the account cannot be held legally responsible for the terms and conditions of use since they were not able to accept these terms before assuming the availability of play. A player profile is YOUR responsibility. You are held completely responsible for whatever happens to this profile by you or by other users of the profile.

The Rules of Conduct defines that you may not use features of the Battlefield 2 service for any reasons other than what each feature is designed to do. Any exploitative behavior and activity is not permitted on the Battlefield 2 service and is strictly enforced.

Should Electronic Arts decide that the sole intent of the actions on this account were to defraud other players for personal gain, this account will be immediately terminated. Battlefield 2 exists only because of its community, and as that sort of anti-social behavior completely contravenes the spirit of the game, we will remove it in order to protect the rule-abiding members of the service. Please understand that any additional violations could and likely will lead to the immediate termination and loss of internet play of this Battlefield 2 account.

If you feel that this action is unwarranted, or if you wish to dispute the claims of this email, we ask that you please visit the EA Account Administration site at http://support.ea.com so that they can review any possible discrepancies of this event. The Account Admin team is also available at that site should you have any general questions or concerns about the rule or its enforcement in the game, as we feel it is important to understand the rule completely before returning to the game world.

Electronic Arts Terms of Service http://www.ea.com/global/legal/tos.jsp

IGN User Agreement
          Effective October 18, 2023 Note: The Ziff Davis Terms of Use have been updated. Please review the updated Terms of Use carefully before using the Ziff Davis Services. By using any of the Ziff Davis Services, you consent to the terms of the updated Terms of Use. PLEASE READ THESE TERMS OF USE (“TERMS”) CAREFULLY […]

Thank you for your cooperation
          EA Battlefield 2 Admin team
          I'm sure some of you have been interested to see what this email looks like, so here you are. The main point of the above essay is:

Violation: Exploitation of game/service mechanics/scoring system
          The reason my stats were wiped was because I liked to play on the High Points servers. I began playing on these servers increasingly every since the new patch was released. Before, I used to play on the [TC] (Total Clan) server 5 or so times a week (they can attest to this, so just ask them).

Once the new patch was released, the 24/7 Karkand servers started to crash like nothing I've ever seen. The bug was prevailent across all platforms (as far as I'm aware). This means that getting through 2 rounds of a 24/7 Karkand server was a real pain, so I found my solution: High Points servers.

High Points servers are called that because they are normally servers that have a 64 size map, but 16 players. Normally I hated this because I thought it would be hard to find a fight. In actuality, these servers were pretty cool! The people playing were more kicked back than those of the normal servers. You normally saw a "gg" after every round, which was nice. The best part though... the servers rarely ever crashed and sitting through loading screens wasn't an issue.

Because High Points servers had such a large map but few players, they last approximately 4 times longer than the rest. This is why they are called "High Points", because you can score an upward of 120 points per round. My highest was 285 if I remember correctly.

Anyhoo, if you break 285/4 you get 71.85. My average score (as of recent) in a 64/64 player server was around 80 points or so... that's on a good day. Then again, I can only get 285 on a good day on the High Points server. My average on the high points server would probably be around 130, which divided by 4 is around 32.5 points per round -- which seems pretty standard.

Most people on High Points servers get 100 points or less, so it all evens out that they get LESS points by playing on High Points servers. The only advantage is that the servers last longer, so getting the "In A Round" badges become easier.

Now that I've explained why I played on the High Points server (which, as you noticed, has NOTHING to do with getting more points), a little more explanation on the Knife/Pistol accusations.

A few members that -love- spreading controversy and drama, whose names I won't mention here, have managed to successfully follow me around and took some screenshots of me in the K.O.S server (a really cool clan BTW, i love those guys). The server name went something along the lines of:

"24/7 Karkand HIGH POINTS"

Somehow, some people decided that it's a knife/pistol only server -- which it is not. First of all, I think Pistol/Knife only is stupid. I like sniping and always have like sniping -- and as my sig says, I'm the sniper extraordinaire. Pistol/Knife only is no fun, so I have no reason to be there. And seeing as I could care less about my stats or badges, pistol/knife servers don't interest me at all.

So to repeat for those that didn't get:

I have NEVER played on a pistol/knife server and NEVER WILL play on a pistol knife server.

When I posted this in some other thread, no one responded (of course) because I casually pointed out how many knife/pistol kills I have and how much time I've spent with them (pistol was round 8 hours and knife was halfway less I believe).

Someone brought up that I had 1,100+ pistol kills. To clarify that, any decent sniper will tell you that the pistol is the #1 tool when you're using the M24, L96A1 or the M95. The pistol maneuver is simple:

You snipe them once in the body with the rifle (easy shot) and then finish them off with 2 pistol rounds. The game mechanics work in such a way that the pistol is able to kill at HUGE ranges, so it's as if you're using a semi-automatic rifle at that point. This is why I have so many pistol kills, because many of my kills are pistol related.

The next complain was my explosives kills. I have no idea how this relates to the pistol/knife, but I'll still mention that I had thousands of those kills because I use claymores regularly (i'm a sniper, after all ).

That's about it. The only reason I'm even defending myself here is my respect for my fellow players. I love this game and love the little record keeping I can do for myself with the stats.

If you don't believe, I could care less at this point. I play this game for fun and only for fun. I don't care about stats, I don't care about score.

I had fun playing on a High Points server, I got my stats wiped for it. Big woop. I'll just start over and my K/D ratio will be better than ever (check it now, it's not that bad! ).

There are a few in this community that know me, played with me, understood how I play and used it to kick my ass into next Sunday. Those people know that I don't cheat, never have cheated and never will cheat. I just play too darn much! hehe.

What I don't understand is when the Battlefield community became so bitter. Just a few hours ago, I was in a server and got banned for cheating. Apparently I crossed their "headshot threshold" or something. Everyone jumps to accuse someone of something. For example:

Tank Whore
          Plane Whore
          APC Whore
          Nade Whore
          NoobToober
          Bunny Hopper
          Aimbot
          Dolphin Diver
          Exploiter (such a loose term, used for everything really)
          *insert some custom cheat they just came up with in their head*
          .. the list goes on and on and on and on ..

So anyway, I'm sorry if I offended anyone for playing on a High Point server. As you can see, it got me wiped and now I have to start over. I'm not angry about it, nor am I sad about it.

I just want to play the game and have fun. There are enough politics in this business as it is.

/rant
          /confession
          /buzz

Comment

good response mate. FUN is the name of the game, highpoints servers i've never seen and dont really have an opinion of, but if EA decide they're against the spirit of the game so be it.

Comment

The what you call High Points servers is how I got my pistol and knife badge. I took me a while with many deaths but with the round lasting so long, I finally got them. I don't see the big deal with them. The rounds last a long time and everyone has a good time.

Comment

That's completely insane, I'm glad you're taking it so lightly. I’ve played with you before and you are an amazing sniper, I can vouch for that.

So what is the cut off for a server running 64 sized maps, what's the max number of players before it's considered a "violation"? I've played on servers with as few as 18 for the max number on 64 sized maps before, I would never have thought that could be a violation if EA allowed it to be ranked in the first place.

Comment

Theres no limit to the ammunition type being used in political fights. Glad to see you dont take pts that seriously.

Comment

it wasnt a political fight, I was sent the evidence and like I would do anyone I personally submitted the information direct and you see the result..

BFROE is unbiased in it's reporting of players or servers no matter who the players are..

Indian

Comment

Am I missing something? As far as I know "high points" servers are not considered an exploitation of the game. The rounds last longer but your round score should equal out to the sum of several faster rounds played over the same time period.

Comment

If the server's configuration was merely 16 players on 64 player maps and the game was played as intended, then that isn't against the ROE and is not deemed a high points server, per the ROE.

High points servers are servers which don't play the game the way as its intended. eg knife/pistol, not allowed to cap all the flags ie leaving 1 flag so there is no ticket bleed, infantry only.

If it wasn't a K&P it had to be some kind of other vehicle/kit restriction/not capping all flag restriction to get reset as what you have described is not against the ROE.

Comment

Originally posted by IndianScout
                          it wasnt a political fight, I was sent the evidence and like I would do anyone I personally submitted the information direct and you see the result..

BFROE is unbiased in it's reporting of players or servers no matter who the players are..

Indian
                          No one was referring to the way you guys handled the situation, Indian.

Everyone, IndianScout just proved a clear and simple point -- if you break ROE you will be gotten to eventually. He is 100% right in this manner. My stats were wiped because I was playing ranked servers that did not follow the specification that EA has provided.

This is all very important.

In order to keep the games fair and balanced, there need to be a set of rules that everyone needs to follow. If people don't follow these rules, their stats are not gained fairly (my stats were the example).

Honestly, if you don't like the ROE set forth by EA, just play on unranked servers.

Me? Well, I have my excuses, but they do not detract from the point. I commend IndianScout for having no bias when it comes to ROE. It only shows that he's dedicated to the community and puts them before any political relations that he may have. IndianScout and myself are buds, but that doesn't mean that I can be treated any differently than anyone else.

Just thought I'd point that out.

We love you indian

Comment

Can IS then point out to the community whether or not the High Point server definition has changed or not as it was my understanding that a server merely having 16 players on 64 player maps is not a High Point server as long as the game is played the way its intended, even if it has High Points in the server name.

Comment

the reason for the reset - he was playing on a server that limited class or weapon (they were kicking people who used armor)

effective making it an infantry or knife pistol server..

§1.5 Server administrators may not explicitly or implicitly (by actions) enforce restrictions on vehicles or weapons that players can use while on your server (e.g. knives only, aircraft prohibited except for clan members, etc.)
                              § Infantry only Servers
                              § Kicking Players who use vehicles or aircraft
                              § Limiting certain vehicles or aircraft for non clan members
                              §1.6 Server administrators may not explicitly or implicitly (by actions) enforce restrictions on roles or kits that players can use while on your server.

Comment

Working...
                              X