[MyIS]Spetsnaz stats and high points servers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: [MyIS]Spetsnaz

Ok thanks for the clarification, for a minute there I thought the definition may have changed without knowing it had.

Cheers

Comment

Why... Don't EA Takes the f*cking server option for 64 Map Size with 16 Players out? They made the game and the options.. I really don't get EA they're so strange.. It's just an option? 64 Map with 16 Players you can just set it.. If EA finds these servers illegal etc. etc. then remove the option how hard is that.. What if a new one to BF2 just plays on Pistol Knife and High points and he didn't even knew that they weren't allowed.. Mmm..

I don't know seems strange.. EA is realy really strange..

~ Komet

Comment

your missing the point, if you play the game as intended by not limiting class or weapon, or keeping players from taking flags so the rounds last longer then there is no problem,

but when you alter the game play by limiting what a player can do then that server is in violation of the ROE..

Comment

Ok but why EA and DIce don't shut down those servers instead of reseting stats?
          EA says: Stats don't pay but servers do. Screw the stats, they keep those servers on. Some months ago there where no much knife and pistols servers but know!!! Theres a lot of them. Hey, but the money is better.

Comment

well in my report there were several players and yes I did submit the server also..

I didnt just pick on 1 person..

Comment

Speaking as one who is on the EA Trusted Ranked Providers mailing list, the high point servers have been debated back and forth the list a lot. Yes, the ROE does say:

§1.8 Players may not use or exploit game mechanisms to artificially boost their score ("stats padding") and Server administrators may not knowingly allow or encourage this activity on their servers.
              § High Points Servers
              The definition of a "high point" server has never clearly been defined in the ROE or on the ranked mailing list. You ARE allowed to have a 16 player server running a 64 slot map. That in and of itself is NOT against the ROE. However, of COURSE, doing things like limiting the weapons that can be used, limiting the kits to be used, running an infantry only server, etc THAT is the violation of the ROE. (Please note: I am not speaking for BFROE, MyIS, EA, or Dice in this matter. This is MY PERSONAL interpretation only!)

Now in the past there's been concerns raised about BFROE and would it police it's own. (It's own here being the admins of BFROE and because of the hosting of BFROE done by MyIS, the employees of MyIS.) As you can see, BFROE DOES police it's own.

Does the situation with Spetsnaz mean that MyIS is the devil incarnate. Well... that's for you all to decide. (Obviously I'm biased but IMHO it would be a bit silly to think that based on recent events but again I'm biased. )

Speaking for myself here, I personally find it disgusting that someone would use this situation for their own political gain here. (And make no mistake about it, this is all about politics folks. The political game aka the drama that's been being played here over the past 8 days has been mildly amusing but is politics none the less. Those of you who have worked in a corporate office know EXACTLY what I mean about the game of politics.)

P.S.
              [sarcasm]
              If anyone wishes to try and find another employee of MyIS to "get in trouble", my in game nick is TheRealCatnip. Please don't laugh at the rank of Corporal. Please don't report me! I really like my rank of Corporal![/sarcasm]

And as always, the standard disclaimer which is actually true here folks. What I have said above does not represent the opinion of MyIS. These are my PERSONAL opinions only. (This means you spin meisters, sorry you can't spin it as if it's the direct statement from MyIS. Sorry to rain on your parade!)

Comment

Funny really, I thought the server was rrestricting gameplay, not allowing vehicles, as well as being a high point server?

Comment

Does it really matter? It's juz a game.

Comment

Good discussion..very interesting read

good example of how to communicate effectively

Comment

I still don't see the big deal with HPS. It really just about evens out in the end points-wise. It's just that now you can play games with 16 players without having to load the map every 5 minutes.

Comment

Hey, so long as they do NOT break the ROE by stating 'no vehicles and no flag capping' (or whatever), then there is nothing wrong with it.

...and I changed the topic title to be a little more informative and not quite so 'attention getting'.

Comment

Re: [MyIS]Spetsnaz stats and high points servers

Great response Spetznaz

Comment

Originally posted by Baseline
                            I still don't see the big deal with HPS. It really just about evens out in the end points-wise. It's just that now you can play games with 16 players without having to load the map every 5 minutes.
                            The problem with is that there are certain awards that require a certain amount of kills/deaths/teampoints in a round. If the rounds are massively long, getting those awards has no value.

It does sound silly to a degree, since those badges really don't mean anything. Then again, if the stat system isn't consistent then why have badges at all?

Comment

Originally posted by IndianScout
                              your missing the point, if you play the game as intended by not limiting class or weapon, or keeping players from taking flags so the rounds last longer then there is no problem,

but when you alter the game play by limiting what a player can do then that server is in violation of the ROE..
                              **** the ROE if people buy the game and pay for servers they should be able to do what they want(except for useing cheats):laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

INDIANSCOUT enjoys ruining peoples fun

Comment

Re: [MyIS]Spetsnaz stats and high points servers

Its true these HP servers are a good source of earning badges, medals etc........but the gameplay must be the same as everywhere else.
                                I went on a server the other day and for some reason if you got in a heli or tank etc it blew up within 5 secs.......very odd and i left as soon as i realised. It was obviously nerfed by the admins
                                64 maps with 16 players are usually a flag whoring exercise requiring a fast jeep and patience.......not everyones cup-o-t

dodge

Comment

Working...
                                X