Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thanks for killing an unique part of the game!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks for killing an unique part of the game!

BF2's infantry part turned out to be a real success at first, people loved it, the good players adapted and learned the tricks and the level of skill involved in the game was unique, but the noobs who were born with no skill got owned, whined and managed to limit feature after feature. And whats left today is a bad plain counter strike acid trip where it is all about standing still and clicking, hoping for a random bullet to hit. 50%50.

Let me use the word noobs again, because noobs are behind all of it - I hope you are happy. Thanks for killing the game! I cant understand why dice constantly have to listen to those who cant adapt, the bad ones, the ones who get owned. And i cant either understand why those have to play with skilled soldiers good at for example avoiding bullets with proning and putting hs everytime, there are always servers with less skilled people. Still you have to do it and destroy for others.

Things like squadjumping and proning was something totally unique for bf2 and really made it something special to play, to meet good clans in infgames and win over them in prone was really the deliver of skill. I have never played a game before that involved so much skill and various techniques, but now its all gone, again thanks to noobs. People say its an bug and exploit, sure it is but it took bf2 too incredible hights. And the squadjumping added an unique intense tactical gameplay, but this was removed by dice for no reason altough noone wanted it gone..

If good players, playing in clans had a hard time leaving 1.22 and there are still clans that never tried 1.3, 1.4 will be totally ignored. This is definately the the thing that will kill the community. Everyone will go over to qwars and the bfseries will end up as fiasco. Then for all i care, lamers, please stay on your battlefield servers..

I hope someone from dice reads this because its not too late, you can still fix it.

Re: Thanks for killing an unique part of the game!

100% with you man all the noobs took over BF2:cry:

ps: if you go to total 2142 there one guy from DICE his name is Demize99

Comment

The problem is DICE nerfed DOWN, not UP
      The 'noobs' had nothing to do with it. Most of those things were valid issues. The problems lay in how the issues were addressed.
      Instead if making the countermeasures as powerful, the original weapon was always made weaker.
      Nerfing down not up.
      It killed BF2

Comment

And if you choose to listen to someone who so openly likes to abuse animation/game exploits (prone spamming, bunny hopping etc) then shame on you.

Does anyone else get the impression whenever someone uses the term 'noobs' in all likelyhood it is probably more appropriately used to describe the person who coined the phrase?

Comment

Agreed! (with the thread starter)

That's all im going to say without turning this into a flame fest.

Comment

Originally posted by Deliverance
            And if you choose to listen to someone who so openly likes to abuse animation/game exploits (prome spamming, bunny hopping etc) then shame on you.

Does anyone else get the impression whenever someone uses the term 'noobs' in all likelyhood it is probably more appropriately used to describe the person who coined the phrase?
            Prime example of what i mentioned in the topic.

Comment

Originally posted by baroque
              Prime example of what i mentioned in the topic.
              Please, enlighten me!

How does me thinking that prone spamming, bunny hopping & dolphin diving is both incredibly lame, and a game exploit make me a noob? Can you even define the term Noob? Do you even know what it means?

Ill enlighten you shall i? The term Noob, or n00b was initially used to describe a newbie, or someone new to a game, forum whatever. Since then, people (such as yourself) have turned it into some kind of deregatory term you use to describe someone who doesnt agree with you, or who does something to wrong you, even though you cant actually define exactly what it mean.

Comment

You can still dive to the ground while firing so I don't see what the big problem is? In BFV there wasn't a prone spam issue or even the dive to prone issue since the prone spam was never a feature. How that was overlooked I don't know but I really don't find the player popping to be fun to play against at all but in BFV many of the weapons were much more leathal and had greater accuracy so players could go into a crouch and depending on how far away the target was pop two chest/headshots with a low dmg high ROF weapon or vice versa with a high damage low ROF or just spray a bit with a nicely powered assault rifle or machine gun. I understand your argument but I disagree with why you think the gameplay is fun. For me it's high leathality, more attrition while on the move(Meaning you gotta get to an area as a group and make sure you don't get blown away), and more options for stances because I see it as currently it's really just a matter of prone or stand to run unless you have something blocking the prone position.

Comment

This game is about realism looser before the patches I had the choice to bunny hop and all the other s**t but I never did. I aint no noob go check my stats at bf2s if you don't believe it. What I hated was some a** hole who ruined the whole game by bunny hopping and noob tubing you or throwing c4. What I find now is bunch of players with high rank who get killed pretty quickly on infantry maks cus they don't know how to play anymore those are former bunny hoppers and noob tubers.

Comment

THE OP has the right to express his disappointment in game changes, however, his post reads like nothing more than a self grandising tome, rendering any legitimate point he hoped to make (other than trying to elevate his low self esteem) lost and diluted.

Comment

Originally posted by Deliverance
                      Please, enlighten me!

How does me thinking that prone spamming, bunny hopping & dolphin diving is both incredibly lame, and a game exploit make me a noob? Can you even define the term Noob? Do you even know what it means?

Ill enlighten you shall i? The term Noob, or n00b was initially used to describe a newbie, or someone new to a game, forum whatever. Since then, people (such as yourself) have turned it into some kind of deregatory term you use to describe someone who doesnt agree with you, or who does something to wrong you, even though you cant actually define exactly what it mean.
                      Its an exploit yes, its objectively wrong, yes, but in the real player's eyes - subjective. Its something unique and actually really funy, something that we want to keep.

1. You are 50 years old and was raised that way - something that is objectively wrong is always wrong.
                      2. You are a really bad player.
                      3. Maybe you tried to prone yourself but didnt have the skill to do it.

I dont know. But ok, i got your view on it

Originally posted by Blob488
                      This game is about realism looser before the patches I had the choice to bunny hop and all the other s**t but I never did. I aint no noob go check my stats at bf2s if you don't believe it. What I hated was some a** hole who ruined the whole game by bunny hopping and noob tubing you or throwing c4. What I find now is bunch of players with high rank who get killed pretty quickly on infantry maks cus they don't know how to play anymore those are former bunny hoppers and noob tubers.
                      Bf2 has never been close to be realistic game, its an arcade. And another prime example of what i mentioned in topic.

Comment

BF2's infantry part turned out to be a real success at first, people loved it, the good players adapted and learned the tricks and the level of skill involved in the game was unique, but the noobs who were born with no skill got owned, whined and managed to limit feature after feature. And whats left today is a bad plain counter strike acid trip where it is all about standing still and clicking, hoping for a random bullet to hit. 50%50.

Let me use the word noobs again, because noobs are behind all of it - I hope you are happy. Thanks for killing the game! I cant understand why dice constantly have to listen to those who cant adapt, the bad ones, the ones who get owned. And i cant either understand why those have to play with skilled soldiers good at for example avoiding bullets with proning and putting a hs everytime, there are always servers with noobs. Still you have to do it and destroy for others.

Things like squadjumping and proning was something totally unique for bf2 and really made it something special to play, to meet good clans in infgames and win over them in prone was really the deliver of skill. I have never played a game before that involved so much skill and various techniques, but now its all gone, again thanks to noobs. People say its an bug and exploit, sure it is but it took bf2 too incredible hights. And the squadjumping added an unique intense tactical gameplay, but this was removed by dice for no reason altough noone wanted it gone..

If good players, playing in clans had a hard time leaving 1.22 and there are still clans that never tried 1.3, 1.4 will be totally ignored. This is definately the the thing that will kill the community. Everyone will go over to qwars and the bfseries will end up as fiasco. Then for all i care, bad players, please stay on your battlefield servers..

I hope someone from dice reads this because its not too late, you can still fix it.

I would agree..but then the BF2 community would stop growing...which is a very bad thing. DICE would never say no to a paying customer..being the moneywhores that they are.

Comment

Its an exploit yes, its objectively wrong, yes, but in the real player's eyes - subjective. Its something unique and actually really funy, something that we never want gone.

1. You are 50 years old and was raised that way - something that is objectively wrong is always wrong.
                          2. You are a really bad player.
                          3. Maybe you tried to prone yourself but didnt have the skill to do it.

I dont know. But ok, i got your view on it

Bf2 has never been close to be realistic game, its an arcade. And another prime example of what i mentioned in topic.
                          1. Im 22 and perfectly capable of making my own decisions, i was raised to be independent and make my own educated mind up based upon my own thoughts and feelings.
                          2. Ok, if you say so (i could give you my stats, which i dont really care about, but why bother as you'll still undoubtedly find some other ill thought out point to bolster your arguement)
                          3. I didnt have enough skill to press Z? Or maybe Space and Z? But my keyboard doesnt have a Z key? What should i do??!?!?!?!? :cry:

Comment

Agree with you 100%, baroque. Couldn't have said it better myself...

Comment

and the flaming stops here

This topic is flamebait - dressing up exploits in the game as skill is not going to get anywhere, so this thread should just die

Comment

Working...
                              X