Beta 1.4 is out!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Beta 1.4 is out!

Over the past few years, I've been working with other beta testers on testing unofficial patches for a game made by the original and current devs who work on it in their spare time.

I'd just like to say that I hope everyone gives constructive feedback on 1.4 and not the "EA/DICE sucks!" crap. This is our chance to really make a positive difference and make BF2 enjoyable for all.

Just remember that there's *always* going to be players out there that are better than you, so it doesn't mean thay are automatically using exploits. If you regularly see someone using something that looks like an exploit, document it and report it.

Sure, we all get ticked off when we get our butts kicked, but try to separate that from the real issues and provide screenshots, your current situation, what others were doing, how long you were in-game, position, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Leeham
      Having only 512MB ram is a kick in the nuts.
      Having a multi-million dollar company put a patch on a mirror that makes you feel like you live in the '90s and use AOL is a kick in the nuts, stomach, and cerebral cortex :censored: :wall: :ar15:

Comment

Yeah, I'm not seeing any unranked server listings either.

Comment

its not a virus its actually out 3 of my clan members got it already.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Devil
            I do. Sentience has provided some links to the EA large Downloads too. I'm getting ~160 kbps downloading it now.
            the guy that posted the link on the forum. not the forums. i looked and i found one post from the admin. that one i trust

Comment

Originally posted by MAD_JIHAD
              its not a virus its actually out 3 of my clan members got it already.
              I think they guessed that when I posted screenshots of the new map

Comment

Since I'm not able to find any 1.4beta servers, anyone have IPs?

Comment

Comment

Ive just tryed it out and so far I have only positive things to say about the beta patch.
                    I played it for a very short amount of time in single player basicaly because there wasnt any multi player servers, the game run so much more smoother for me now and it used to lag much more for me in sp then mp but it played very smooth now in sp and they have fixed the "cartillery issue" by increasing the load time and by not being able to place a vehicle ontop of a static (didnt look into it much more).
                    The new map seems great, im waiting to see how it plays out in mp.
                    I suggest you guys who are unsure to try it out, more testers less bugs.

Comment

try that

Comment

I am currently downloading it from that Netherlands server at around 260 kb/sec. I have another 2 mins left in my download. Once it's done I will upload to FileCloud and FileFront and either me or one of the other TotalBF2 staff will make a post on the main page...Thanks

Comment

anyone mind uploading to filefront or something so we can get easier and faster download times?

EDIT: Thanks ACE101

Comment

Originally posted by ptegan

there's not supposed to be any 1.4 servers up yet..

this one doesnt show up either

Comment

Originally posted by sonny
                              I dont trust that source

Comment

thank you!!

Comment

Working...
                                X