Beta 1.4 is out!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Beta 1.4 is out!

No, guys, I think what I typed sounded wrong. I did exactly what the readme says, made a copy and then ran the exe. When I went to start up the game, it just went back to desktop after the blackscreen. But when I go back to EA folder and rename to original BF2, it works fine.

Comment

Duffman....

If I was you I'd get the full version even if you already have 1.3 installed.

A large % of people have a problem with the incremental patches even when they're official releases. I'd rather not test a beta incremental patch

Comment

Originally posted by lemonybrainaid
        cheers m8!

Comment

All this fuss over 1.4, yet no one knows what it atempts to fix/change? C'mon, someone must know. Indianscout? Do you have the changelist?

Comment

Originally posted by lemonybrainaid
            weeeee finaly, nice 1 lemony

Comment

USP, it may be worth cutting and pasting your BF2 folder from 'my docs' to somewhere else and trying again.

Comment

Originally posted by ptegan
                Duffman....

If I was you I'd get the full version even if you already have 1.3 installed.

A large % of people have a problem with the incremental patches even when they're official releases. I'd rather not test a beta incremental patch
                The incremental works 100% fine, I downloaded and have played.

Comment

522 mb, wow. I wonder how big the actual patch will be?

Comment

Originally posted by Apostle
                    All this fuss over 1.4, yet no one knows what it atempts to fix/change? C'mon, someone must know. Indianscout? Do you have the changelist?
                    There is no changelist in the download, so I'm hoping they release it soon too.

Comment

Originally posted by Apostle
                      I dont know of any change list other than the readme..

sorry guys..

Comment

Originally posted by ptegan
                        USP, it may be worth cutting and pasting your BF2 folder from 'my docs' to somewhere else and trying again.
                        nope

here's a dump file, http://s1.pushfile.net/get.php?id=2b...fc45b7eeb33ddd

Comment

sigh, it will atke over an hour for the incremental download, and all other links are taing over 5 hours

curse me crappy internet connection

Comment

Ehhh...I made a copy of bf2. Installed 1.4

Now when try to play, it shows the splash screen...blackness, than back to desktop...help? lol

Comment

Of course they're not going to release a changelist. This is only a beta test - you give feedback on what you like and what you don't, and it all becomes finalised later on.

Comment

Originally posted by EC-Paulus-
                                522 mb, wow. I wonder how big the actual patch will be?
                                That's the full patch, the incremental is 125 or something (with a map).

Comment

Working...
                                X