1.4 patch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 1.4 patch

sorry i forgot to put "other"in the poll, but just post whatcha think, and Quote:
    Originally Posted by roger smith
    +bugs of critical and non critical nature
    -too many to list :nod:
    +air combat
    -anti air missiles that are properly lead and are on target should not deviate on some airframes :nod:
    -on some airframes, flares should be intercepted by anti air missiles when the flares are in the anti air missiles flight path :nod:
    -anti air missiles range should be just out of max visual range, for all platforms :nod:
    -the laser guide on the bomber should be able to lock onto targets above visual range :shakehead
    -instead of blowing up when the tv guided missile runs out of time, it should keep flying forward unguided :nod:
    -a lowered turn radius on anti air missiles :nod:
    +explosives
    -engineer can disable all three types (they allready can?)
    -spec and sniper can retrieve thier respective explosives types :nod:
    -claymores should be triggered by explosives. :shakehead
    +ground and sea movement
    -stamina should regenerate faster when you are still
    -all land and sea vehicles should go faster and have more torque. land :shakehead, see :nod:
    +weapon tweaking
    -shotguns are either too weak or too slow to pump :shakehead
    -carbines are just too accurate :nod:
    -smgs should be more effective at close range :shakehead
    -the aks need a slight accuracy boost :shakehead
    -all assault classes need three smokes :shakehead
    -remove the damn flash, thats a sf thing! :nod:

that should do it for a more enjoyable game in my opionion

Comment

My wishlist contains:

1. Improved performance on 64 player maps - medium-huge fights and at certain map locations. (example - Sharqi Construction site and the area around)

2. CTD and disconnect problems solved.

3. Chopperfix for SF maps - video lag, low framerate

4. Custom key bug for nightvision googles in SF fixed (can't turn on/off NV when in a stationary gun/vehicle)

5. Better performance with Vsync on (15/66.7 problem)

Comment

j10's and crashes. J 10 is miles better than any other any plane.

Comment

I'd like the crash to desktop fixed as that's my primary problem, but Dolpihn Diving needs to go too. It's just soooooooo bloody cheap. It's so cheap it reminds me of Allied Medics on Omaha.

Comment

I have few more ideas

restrict vehicles for engineers only.. that would prevent medics-antitanks-support and other non-engineers running around in armor and snipers killing pilots with M95 to get into jets/copters by killing teammates

Commander: strip all commanders personal weapons except pistol (ok, maybe let him have m16 without noobtube) .Also would be nice to have restricted commanders ability to enter into vehicles at all (would stop commanders whoring around in helicopters, jets and in armor)

there is another weird glitch I have sometimes noticed.. single jet bombs makeing circles in air and flying upwards high in air?? whats with this.. it isnt normal though its very-very rare

Comment

They have to fix the bugs.

Comment

i think ea should only lision to the clans. and none of the other people.

and good point private adam. i forgot about that.

ya that cars on the arty does **** me off when i have to keep droping off supplys on the arty ever 30 sec.

Comment

Definantly the J-10. It's beyond me how they haven't tweaked with the F-35 or J-10 yet; and gets very annoying.

Comment

my god another thread full of idiots....

all i see is "fix the j10" "make claymores tk or get blown up by grenades"
                    if you look further than what your only silly brain thinks then you might have an ounce of understanding of balance, fair play and fun.

j10 has always handled the same way, its never been boosted up or anything, the only thing that changed were the A2A and G2A missiles, those are what cause the f35 so many problems, but yet you dont seem to understand that and want the j10 nerfed so it gets blown up as easy as the f35.
                    the obvious solution to anyone with any sense is to ask for missiles turn radius to be decreased so all planes have a chance of escaping missiles. it is not just the f35 that suffers, its the mig29, su34, su30 and f15 as well, so nerfing the j10 will help them HOW ? yea thats right it wont help them at all, they'll all still be easy prey for a guy to follow them for literally seconds. an extended lock on time for planes wouldnt go amiss either, if your not capable of following a plane for a few turns, does a player really deserve the kill? NO!
                    there is also alot of bais because the j10 is not the almighty missile dodger as everyone appears to make out, the F18 is by far the ultimate missile dodger and putting a j10 against an f18 is a tough (but fair!) match for both pilots. yet again i can only assume its being biased or stupid that it rarely gets mentioned.

i can only hope dice dont listen to half the people that express those opinions acting like they know it all and listen to people with far more experience and knowlege of the game.

claymores, yea yea we've heard all the crap about them before, 5 was excessive, it got changed to 2 as it WAS UNFAIR, but yet people will still complain. they added ff on as an option for mines and claymores, so if your not happy with them, ask the server you play on to enable the ff option... most will ignore you though as its an unreasonable request that renders them pretty much useless.
                    then making them destructable again? they werent much use when they were destructable before, i couldnt cover the ladder of the roof i was sniping from because some greedy player threw a few grenades, blew it up and then came after me for a seemingly easy kill. that is unfair. but no.... nubs and greedy bastards dont like it that a sniper can now cover his nest without worrying about being knifed and be able to give more attention to sniping with their nerfed sniper rifle.
                    also note, an engineer CAN REMOVE claymores!

my changes would be:
                    missiles need a tweak down, especially to allow the f35 a way of escaping them and to allow, mig29, su34/30 and f15 to evade more easily.
                    CTD on join needs fixing
                    server crashing needs fixing
                    red tag bug still needs fixing
                    50cal on jeeps e.t.c need to do less damage to all the choppers.
                    flares need to work better

things id like to have but would probably not happen:
                    map scanner to be removed totally or a once only device, as snipers and sneaky players are found far too easily and unfairly.
                    less fog
                    1 hit sniper kills
                    extra zoom level for snipers
                    flag capping in a specific order to stop musical flags
                    ^^ but notice how i dont push for them like everyone else cries about things like j10s and claymores

now maybe people can be more reasonable and thinking of balance when suggesting things, you cant just say fix j10, fix claymores, give explicit reasons why they need changing and to make sure it doesnt result in other things being rendered useless or no fun.

Comment

Originally posted by -MIKI3
                      I dunno what stamina is...
                      stamina is getting tierd

Originally posted by Graphic
                      That would be pointless. The spec-ops guy is either:
                      A) Watching him remove his C4 so he vaporizes him.
                      B) Dead, and can't ever set it off, so it might as well not be there.
                      What's dolphin diving?
                      if a guy runs up and puts c4 on me and then i kill him before he presses it, it would be nice to be able to remove it so someone cant get his kit to kill me. lots of times the spec op guys wont watch thier c4 but instead wait for the flag to turn white before pressing the button, if the explosives were removed before it went down, there woiuld be no problems.

dolphin diving is jump prone shoot rinse repeat

Comment

Originally posted by tiberiansun292
                        man we have a lot of noobs on here. sayin what dolphing diving is and what stamina is.

there should be a stick that says. ALL NOOBS PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING.
                        Look, I know this game is your entire life, but it isn't for some of us. Shut up.

Now, would someone who isn't an imbecile tell me what dolphin diving is?

Comment

good post zippor, I just came back from a round where the j10s were raping us and was a little ****ed at that plane. A2A should only hit with very careful missle launches, not lock and click. Hitting a J10 with the F35 WITH MISSLES requires a helluva lot of skill. Its not just luck as some believe. You CAN hit a J10. Go into a local server and experiment with throttle control etc. Thats how it should be for all planes.

Comment

Originally posted by zipp0r
                            j10 has always handled the same way, its never been boosted up or anything, the only thing that changed were the A2A and G2A missiles, those are what cause the f35 so many problems, but yet you dont seem to understand that and want the j10 nerfed so it gets blown up as easy as the f35. the obvious solution to anyone with any sense is to ask for missiles turn radius to be decreased so all planes have a chance of escaping missiles.
                            agreed, as you see im my post, i distributed the blame of the anti air situation on anti air missiles and on flares.
                            there is also alot of bais because the j10 is not the almighty missile dodger as everyone appears to make out, the F18 is by far the ultimate missile dodger
                            well this may be true, but neither plane should "dodge" a missile that flys right up to the engine and misses.
                            then making them destructable again? they werent much use when they were destructable before, i couldnt cover the ladder of the roof i was sniping from because some greedy player threw a few grenades, blew it up and then came after me for a seemingly easy kill. that is unfair.
                            dont get it twisted, if i know theres a sniper on top of a building, and i have the smarts to nade before i climb, and you arent smart enough to listen for all of this, you deserve to be killed, hell if you cant hear a grenade blow up behind you, or dont think you should be bothered in general, you deserve to be cartilleried.

the fact that claymores cant be destroyed means that they can be used effectivly for cp defence, and im sure you know thats not thier intended role. wheather they are destrucatable or not, they will continue to serve as a snipers personal defence. i definitly sence sniper bias in this responce, you need to try assaulting a cp thats defended by snipers that spawn and instantly throw down clays.
                            Missiles need a tweak down, especially to allow the f35 a way of escaping them and to allow, mig29, su34/30 and f15 to evade more easily.
                            that will not solve the problem by itself, the code needs to be adjusted so that missiles hit thier targets if they are on cource.
                            50cal on jeeps e.t.c need to do less damage to all the choppers.
                            not true at all, you just need to re-evaluate the role of a chopper and how you use it.
                            flares need to work better
                            amen, maybe not so much better, but smarter for sure.
                            map scanner to be removed totally or a once only device, as snipers and sneaky players are found far too easily and unfairly.
                            the uav and scanner should not show people/vehicles in buildings, and snipers that are in vegitation should also not show up.
                            flag capping in a specific order to stop musical flags
                            assault and secure is a terrible gamemode and its for noobs. the way to stop musical flags... IS TO DEFEND YOUR FING FLAGS! i swear people call you a stat padder when you use the tank as its designed, its like everyone expects the game to be musical flags, and if it isnt, someones stat padding, its ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir. Blades
                              good post zippor, I just came back from a round where the j10s were raping us and was a little ****ed at that plane. A2A should only hit with very careful missle launches, not lock and click. Hitting a J10 with the F35 WITH MISSLES requires a helluva lot of skill. Its not just luck as some believe. You CAN hit a J10. Go into a local server and experiment with throttle control etc. Thats how it should be for all planes.
                              indeed you can hit a j10 with an f35b, you have to fly your socks off to do it, but the challenge is great fun. sadly most pursuits are ended by flying nearby G2A or another plane gets on your tail and you have to break off

Originally posted by roger smith
                              agreed, as you see im my post, i distributed the blame of the anti air situation on anti air missiles and on flares.
                              well this may be true, but neither plane should "dodge" a missile that flys right up to the engine and misses.
                              its not just anti air... its a2a as well. g2a arent so much bother, bar ignoring flares more than they should. missiles flying right upto an engine and missing arent all that common if the pilot is flying straight and level. its that you are pulling evasive moves and the missile wont leave you alone...

dont get it twisted, if i know theres a sniper on top of a building, and i have the smarts to nade before i climb, and you arent smart enough to listen for all of this, you deserve to be killed, hell if you cant hear a grenade blow up behind you, or dont think you should be bothered in general, you deserve to be cartilleried.

the fact that claymores cant be destroyed means that they can be used effectivly for cp defence, and im sure you know thats not thier intended role. wheather they are destrucatable or not, they will continue to serve as a snipers personal defence. i definitly sence sniper bias in this responce, you need to try assaulting a cp thats defended by snipers that spawn and instantly throw down clays.
                              oh i know when my claymore gets blown up, but its not all that easy to defend yourself against a machine gun with a poopy little pistol. and we all know people used to go after snipers on a roof as they were an easy kill to them. i actually think ive yet to be killed by a car when sniping

yes they can be used to defend a flag, they always could, but it was risky and you could get tk's. who are you to decide wether it is its intended purpose or not? a claymore is a trap or defensive device, so it is indeed being used for its intended role, but people like you decide its not.
                              you may think you detect sniper bias, well i love sniping yes, but im also pretty fair. i have attacked flags that are claymored, sometimes i die, sometimes i use a teamate as the trigger and revive them after. they certainly dont bother me at all. and claymores will not explode instantly after the sniper drops them (despite what most people think), you have a few seconds to run over it and you will not be killed by it.

that will not solve the problem by itself, the code needs to be adjusted so that missiles hit thier targets if they are on cource.
                              want to elaborate and explain what you mean more clearly ? since you appear to say that a lock means a hit no matter what. thats 1.2 territory and that was some ****ed up ****. it wasnt fair, it wasnt fun and planes were dropping far too often.

not true at all, you just need to re-evaluate the role of a chopper and how you use it.
                              explain why its not true? the 50cal can take a chopper down in seconds, like its made of paper. and its made worse by one of the people in the chopper not spotting the car and death ensues.... :/

the uav and scanner should not show people/vehicles in buildings, and snipers that are in vegitation should also not show up.
                              uav isnt the problem, it only scans a small area.

assault and secure is a terrible gamemode and its for noobs. the way to stop musical flags... IS TO DEFEND YOUR FING FLAGS! i swear people call you a stat padder when you use the tank as its designed, its like everyone expects the game to be musical flags, and if it isnt, someones stat padding, its ridiculous.
                              it rarely happens, everyone hops off to another flag, hence it needs some kind of forcing to stop it. snipers are probably the only people that defend flags at the moment (and they do it quite well with all the whines about claymores ), engineers sometimes do as well.

Comment

Regarding J10/F35B, it's BS! Whatever it is, it needs to be changed.

Comment

Working...
                                X