Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The support/Medic bag nerf..let the whining begin.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The support/Medic bag nerf..let the whining begin.

Originally posted by -FaKe|Arson
    Healing points are hard enough to accumulate. Why make matters worse?
    Cuz, most medics rarely care aobut heal points, and they just go for revives, EA had good intentions, but shoulda carried it out on shock paddles. Anyways, medic whoring on karkand isn't teamplay, yea, it must be teamplay when you see a guy revive you n teh line of fire, and you get killed again, and revived again, face it, people revive to get POINTS, not to help their team, most guys only care about winning the round if they are commander. I mean, some people are good medics, but most just go right into the middle of action along with their other medics, one medic goes down, 5 dive on him to revive rinse and repeat.

Comment

Actually, IMO, the better medics will take more chances reviving and trying to help teammates then sucky medics who can't even aim the shock paddles.

Comment

Why would they change this now? Its been this way for a long time.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperTyphoon
          Actually, IMO, the better medics will take more chances reviving and trying to help teammates then sucky medics who can't even aim the shock paddles.
          Yea, but the good medic that doesn't go revive>own life is better than both. I hate medics that revive you in the line of fire.

Comment

This is a good change, I like the idea.

Comment

For med packs:It should limit the amount one person can throw at a time. like one per minute or something... Medics just chuck a whole bunch of packs out around a flag and they might get a point a couple minutes later because they just were chucking med packs randomly.

I myself play as a medic. I normally shoot the guy, he hides, I revive and get my med pack out to heal him if he gets shot again.

For ammo bags:They should just limit it too but allow you to hold it out and give ammo...

Comment

Well, I'm not too happy about this but I'll be happy to see Dolphin diving take a hike as that's my #1 pet peeve.

My biggest complaint is why do they focus on stupid $hit like this when there are so many more bigger problems out there. I mean Dolphin Diving is a huge problem, but who the hell has complained about too many heal bags around? And just how the Hell am I supposed to rise through the ranks if they keep taking ways for me to do that away?

Playing a support role is what I love about this game, I've never been a mini commando, I always played engie in 42, or when I was a medic I wasn't one of those little Rambo wannabees I went around and healed the good players.

Oh well, if they want to alienate even more people than 1.3 did they're going about it in the right way. If this happens in 1.4 since it is a beta I'll be making this view clear to them.

Originally posted by Eddy01741
                Yea, but the good medic that doesn't go revive>own life is better than both. I hate medics that revive you in the line of fire.
                It's not like we can drag you out of the way.

people revive to get POINTS
                I don't revive to get points, I revive to help out my team, and because I like helping people. I love hookin up with a group of 4 or 5 soldiers in an informal squad and rushing a flag. They run in and secure the area while I take cover and maybe provide some sniper fire with my L85. If they succeed in taking the flag I rush in and heal them and bring any ones that died back to life. I repaired so many vehicles and healed so many people in 42 and what'd I get for it? a "Roger that!" on the radio. That was it, and I didn't care because I was helping. Now, I'm happy I get points, but that's not my primary motive.

Comment

First of all. 9 out of 10 times i get revived, I dont want to be. There is a reason(s) I got killed in the first place.
                  1.) Way too many enemies attacking, with very little friendlies in the area to help. Reviving me isnt going to do anything for the team, in the big picture. In fact it hurts the team. Why? Im gonna get killed 9 out of 10 times, within 1.5 seconds, again. Now i have to sit in the respawn screen for another 15-30 seconds. COmbined with the already 6-10 seconds from the first time I died. That could be close to a minute that Im out of commision to help the team.
                  2)Wrong Weapon, Wrong Time. Ok, i got killed. Chances are it was from armor and I had a G3. I now know armor is close to a certain point, and now, being a team player, i must spawn AT, to take it out. Reviving me, so i can die again by the tank or the 20 other enemies there......is kinda thoughtless.
                  Oh wait.....unless your the medic and want the free point. I forget that sometimes. Mute points i guess.......anyways back on target:

1.) Make medics/support be able to throw all the bags they want. However only allow the points to come into play, when they help a fellow squad member. Again. This forces squad play. And overall would help teamwork. You can argue that currently they are the biggest teamworking folks out there....i mean really, you can argue that. But I dont think thats true, in the bigger, overall picture. I can prove this by showing you tons of medics, who get 100's points per round........ yet lose more rounds then winning.
                  2.)Make engies/support/medics NOT be able to fix/ammo up/ or heal anything or anyone by simply driving by, or sitting in a vehical. Thats just really stupid.
                  Worst case of this......2 tanks sitting next to each other, and each one is an engie. I mean........hello. A full squad of AT guys would have a very very HARD time eliminating this threat. And all the while the tanks are in full view, out in the open. I really just dont see what someone was thinking, when they made this game, to say.......heck....if your a medic, and in a humvee you can drive by 20 people who need health, and get 20 points. SOunds pretty stupid to me. Creating a risk, helps out teamwork. If I know i gotta actually GET OUT of a vehical to help someone...... im gonna make sure we back out of a hostile area, to do so. This helps the other team regroup, or keep charging. Which again, helps out both teams......because perhaps if you had to get out of the tank to help your buddy, the armor might be alittle less likely to be that......run in and gun type weapon. More thought might go into the way iin which folks attack with it.
                  FEAR, is what puts everything in the world, in check. And gaming is no different. If I fear im gonna lose my tank, by driving into an area by myself...then perhaps im gonna wait up for another tank, or apc, and a few squad members. No?

It's not like we can drag you out of the way.
                  No, you cant. But if you could...........you'd die trying, many many times. Enough times to make you stop doing it.
                  Im willing to bet that MORE times then not, after you revive me.....i get killed again, within 2 seconds, and usually by the same guy that did it in the first place.
                  Perhaps if you had to drag me to safety, and realized the same danger for a certain amount of time.....you wouldnt do it. And that would be a-ok with me.

Comment

Hang on here...

I still see nothing to back these claims on.
                    You folks are getting worked up over hear-say.

Also, this patch is going to be open beta. We're gonna get a chance to play it before it becomes "live".

Let's hold off debate 'till then or when some sort of proof can be presented.

Comment

Wow, there's no pleasin some people. "No no, thanks let me die." If you don't want to be revived just suicide. Oh wait, you'll lose your precious points if you do that...

Comment

Originally posted by OhTheHumanity420
                        Wow, there's no pleasin some people. "No no, thanks let me die." If you don't want to be revived just suicide. Oh wait, you'll lose your precious points if you do that...
                        Oh great.. Ok.... because I get revived in front of 2 tanks, 2 helos, and 32 enemy soldiers......... and i got a chance that some dork medic is gonna revive me...knowing im gonna die again......for sure if he does......i should take another penalty. Wow. Where is this logic comming from... my God.

OH....its a game. You dont die. You respawn. And yes. As I explained. 9 out 10 times im revived.....i've already plotted out my next phase of attack. I dont need to be revived....only to be killed by the same guy that killed me in the first place.
                        Im sorry. There are good medics and i mean no harm to them with this.......but most are flat out points gathering freaks. MOST......not all. Most.
                        I've played medic before. Not alot, but i will. And i will not revive someone, knowing there is a good chance hes gonna die again......or that i will trying to revive him. Thats just stupid. And should be end of story.
                        If there is a chance the guy is gonna get killed again, or that you probally will get killed reviving him..... Dont do it. WOw...cured that problem already.

Comment

Gee wiz...and I was going to suggest that Engineers be able to down down 'Toolboxes'!!! :P

Comment

I think a good way to stop revive whores is to copy Enemy Territory: a key to just die and respawn when you've had enough of waiting.

Comment

i'd like to put myself wit heh 'decent medic' folk, since i almost always go by the rule of: shoot first, med later. sumtimes tho i have to med them let them die kill the enme then med them again, coz the 5-10 seconds is quite a small gap to kill and med sumtimes.

as for the whole nerf the bag business maybe it will help coz ppl will actually find medics when on low health, i'v had it all to many times when there's abloke just literally survived a nade and as possibly 1 bar left, i try to heal him coz he's been helping the squad out and i chase him and he runs away, i eventually get killed when he runs round a corner into sum MG proner.

if anything add a little tab on the comma rose (the menu when u hold Q ) to say "hey f****ng stop if u havn't noticed yet your about to die!!!" (or words to that effect.

p.s. and you wouldn't get 20 healpoints for driving a humvee next to 20 injured guys coz you have to heall 100% of health to get a heal, and you cant heal dead ppl to get it so from those 20 injured u'd be lucky to get bout 3 heals

Comment

Originally posted by Sars99
                                p.s. and you wouldn't get 20 healpoints for driving a humvee next to 20 injured guys coz you have to heall 100% of health to get a heal, and you cant heal dead ppl to get it so from those 20 injured u'd be lucky to get bout 3 heals
                                You'd be lucky to get one heal in fact, 20 people bunched up in one area is just artillery fodder begging to be blown up to smithereens. :laugh:

Comment

Working...
                                X