Punkbuster ban for no reason

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Punkbuster ban for no reason

i have no idea why but today when i joined a server it quit back to the menu screen and displayed this can anyone tell me how i could have got it and how to get rid of it?

Re: Punkbuster ban for no reason

Means you were caught h4xoring.

Comment

Originally posted by lil_jimmy_norton
      Means you were caught h4xoring.
      A hardware ban? Not even buying a new game will fix that. Sorry, but you're never playing bf2 again. Ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir. MatDef
        A hardware ban? Not even buying a new game will fix that. Sorry, but you're never playing bf2 again. Ever.

Not just BF2. It's all punkbuster games.

The Punkbuster Hardware Ban is a component of a computer program that tries to stop cheating at computer games.

As of June 30, 2004, Even Balance has incorporated the usage of unique hardware identifiers to permanently ban players from all PunkBuster enabled servers who raise a violation that corresponds to hacking or interfering with PunkBuster's normal operation and therefor violating the PB EULA.

Even Balance uses multiple private one-way hashes so that no serial number information for individual computers can be determined by admins or anyone else who may try to obtain this information from a hardware GUID.

PunkBuster only gives a hardware ban if memory scans show that a cheat that is known to circumvent or disrupt PunkBuster's normal operation or its facilities is activated. Because of the size of the memory footprint of modern cheats and the use of a unique hash to identify that cheat, the number of false positives for banned players is virtually zero.

As with previous PunkBuster GUID global bans, the new hardware GUID bans are permanent and will not be lifted.Even Balance has not disclosed which hardware parts are used to ban players, but trial and error has shown that the hardware GUID is based on the serial numbers of all available harddrives and the MAC adresses of all available network interfaces.

According to their EULA, Even Balance has the final say in matters of banning.

Comment

oh my god i didnt even do anything, im gonna sew f**king punkbuster for all the money i have spent on my computer to get this game to work

Comment

Originally posted by PREDATOR-SK
            oh my god i didnt even do anything, im gonna sew f**king punkbuster for all the money i have spent on my computer to get this game to work
            You hack, you got caught, you suffer the consequenses. You are never going to play another online game with your current machine. 99% of all games use punkbuster, you're screwed.

Comment

First it would be Sue, unless you are going to take a needle and thread to them, then it would be sew. Second you have no basis for you case against them. Read the EULA.

Comment

You hack, you got caught, you suffer the consequenses. You are never going to play another online game with your current machine. 99% of all games use punkbuster, you're screwed.
                Now you get to play abroad with the other 1%!!! Steam games FTW!!:laugh:

EDIT: In some games, there are servers with punkbuster disabled, so you can play in those

Comment

il be honest here i have cheated in americas army once before i used a downloaded thing from the net and i got banned from a server and when bf2 first came out i used one of thoes red dot drawing system things so my sniper rifle had a cross hair and i got banned from some server b4 i even got into the round and thats it, i know the americas army one was wrong and the bf2 one isnt a bad but a hardware ban for thoes 2 offences seems a bit hard.
                  is there anyway i can apeal this ban?

Comment

il be honest here i have cheated in americas army once before i used a downloaded thing from the net and i got banned from a server and when bf2 first came out i used one of thoes red dot drawing system things so my sniper rifle had a cross hair and i got banned from some server b4 i even got into the round and thats it, i know the americas army one was wrong and the bf2 one isnt a bad but a hardware ban for thoes 2 offences seems a bit hard.
                    No, you fail. No bf2 for you. :laugh:

Comment

See post #4.

Comment

well since this is the case and im banned forever, i guess nobody wants my Euro forces and Armored fury and my account

Comment

well since this is the case and im banned forever, i guess nobody wants my Euro forces and Armored fury and my account

If you were HW banned, than your CD keys have been banned as well.

Comment

Euro forces and Armored fury have no CD key you get them off the net and how is this possible just then i checked to see if i was banned in the americas army servers and im not so how is this a hardware ban?

Edit - What about my special forces disks, i do not have that installed, will i be able to play bf2 SF

Comment

I can just about hear you lauching behind your computer . Then again if he really cheated I don´t feel sorry for em one bit. But what if it´s al a big mistake? Emagine something like that happening to you for no reason

Comment

Working...
                              X