Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Punkbuster ban for no reason

Originally posted by PREDATOR-SK
    il be honest here i have cheated in americas army once before i used a downloaded thing from the net and i got banned from a server and when bf2 first came out i used one of thoes red dot drawing system things so my sniper rifle had a cross hair and i got banned from some server b4 i even got into the round and thats it, i know the americas army one was wrong and the bf2 one isnt a bad but a hardware ban for thoes 2 offences seems a bit hard.
    is there anyway i can apeal this ban?
    cheats get banfd live with it

Comment

Dude, h4xoring is really lame. I mean, I used to really suck at BF2. And I mean really suck. I couldn't even get one kill in a round. Now I can get loadsa kills, and finish 1st, 2nd or 3rd in the side i'm playing with. And that's not from noobish cheating, that's just from practicing =). Still, sucks to be you. Only way around it is a new PC, new copy of BF2. I say a cheater's born a cheater, though - so don't waste your cheated money on a new PC. Lawl.

Comment

Originally posted by Ripper6
        Thnx Rem for the kind words and Stormy I agree with you IF my son would have used them online to cheat. I have a relatively new harddrive in my PC and there are no other games loaded that use punkbuster. Heck I dont think there are any other games but BF2. Man I hope to god it is not because of my kid. But I will at first give him the "benny" He said the only thing he tried was the code to unlock weapons for single player and only the weapons that u have already unlocked on Multi. That I remember was a hint posted in PC Gamer. Since then Harddrive was reformatted. I appreciate the link Stormy. I will try.
        How do you know he didnt have anything on the computer that PB might picked up as a cheat ? you dont i doubt they do this if you never ever installed or did anything, a hardware ban is serious and i think pb bans only if they got something to ban on get it ?

Comment

I agree. You cheat, you get banned. Why don't you have a password on your computer? That'd stop him from using it. Or, shove his head down the toilet. That'll teach 'em.

Cheaters win my ultimate twat of the century award. Congratulations twats, be proud. I know I am.

Comment

Yeah well I do have a password. And apparently while I am at work my "better half" has let him play unsupervised. In any case I would say thx for the help for those who have tried. Screw those who think its funny. I cant afford to buy a new computer, new software, new anything. Hope you guys are next jsut to see how it feels to get banned for nothing that you did. In anycase Remshot is my sons uncle and we have been preaching for years about cheats. When I am home I monitor but I do have to work. I have banned my son from the computer...its only fair. I have made my appeal to punkbuster and have been completely honest with them. Either the ban was a glitch or they released because I was allowed to get on BF2. What I do know is that a cheat has never been used online because I forbid online play without me, Remshot or Maddog1775. He is after all a kid and that kid right now is miserable. I told him that if he wanted to play the new morrowind that he would have to by the game, hold it, and stare at it. Because thats as close to the computer he will come. Anyway I am hoping to hear a reply.

Comment

Yeah well I do have a password. And apparently while I am at work my "better half" has let him play unsupervised. In any case I would say thx for the help for those who have tried. Screw those who think its funny. I cant afford to buy a new computer, new software, new anything. Hope you guys are next jsut to see how it feels to get banned for nothing that you did. In anycase Remshot is my sons uncle and we have been preaching for years about cheats. When I am home I monitor but I do have to work. I have banned my son from the computer...its only fair. I have made my appeal to punkbuster and have been completely honest with them. Either the ban was a glitch or they released because I was allowed to get on BF2. What I do know is that a cheat has never been used online because I forbid online play without me, Remshot or Maddog1775. He is after all a kid and that kid right now is miserable. I told him that if he wanted to play the new morrowind that he would have to by the game, hold it, and stare at it. Because thats as close to the computer he will come. Anyway I am hoping to hear a reply.
              It's true. My brother and I have reinforced our anti-cheating sentiment with Ripper6's son over and over and over again to what seems to no avail. I don't have any children so I don't have to worry about it, but it's GOT to be tough for any parent to completely safeguard a system. I suppose if it were me, I would have a seperate system for my kids considering the hardware ban technology. If my kid had a computer and got busted, I'd personally send a thank you letter to EvenBalance for teaching the punk a lesson. Seems like every adolescent teen I talk to are active cheaters.

Anyway, with regards to Ripper I hope EvenBalance replies soon with an explanation of the offense otherwise you may find yourself banned a second time. I mean how the hell are you supposed to remove the offending software if you don't know what the freak your looking for? Although, I'd check your F.E.A.R. directory for suspicious code since that's also on the PB game list (and you found that it's installed on the PC and your kid played it recently). BTW, I couldn't agree more on your decision to ban your son from your game rig. I love the kid, but lets face it... it ain't worth going through this crap a second time especially considering he does have a history of downloading cheats for singleplayer games. I *HOPE* he hasn't done the same for multiplayer but I guess it wouldn't surprise me.

See ya tonight mate! Let's keep our fingers crossed and hope it was just a fluke!

Comment

Pretty sad

PB hardware bans for cheats that interfer with PB's scans or screenshots. PB does its scans when on the internet and on PB servers so I think your son has not been completely honest with you. Also i wouldn't hold out too much hope about a ban lift, PB has always stated they wont lift hardware bans, so it looks like your kid owes you a computer.

A hard lesson to learn. This is why my kids had their own computers and were never allowed to touch mine.

I just wanted to add for others with kids, Set up a user account for your son/daughter with limited permissions so he/she cant install software without being the admin, and make sure you password the admin account.

Comment

i advise that you alert your kid. and slap him in the face and ground him 3 weeks for cheating in a video game. while hes grounded refer to him as 'noob'

Comment

Well I am still confused, I was able to play last night. Its like "Feelin like a nail...waitin for the hammer to drop" GR ref. I dont know if ill be able to play tomorrow or the next day. I wonder if I completly uninstall fear if that would take the file out before I get banned for real. But on another note I am glad for one thing...I know more now than I did b4 this happened. That is except the original reason why I got that global ban msg. Wish I new.

Comment

• Re: Punkbuster ban for no reason

well i hope you have all had your fun telling me to buy a new PC and stop complaining because i an now unbanned by PB so if u want the solution y dont you pm me.

edit - Oh and i forgot one thing it cost $70 and 10 mins to rid the ban and im 16 and i figured it out. P.S what kind of F**king loser pays for hack hahahahahahaha

Comment

• Re: Punkbuster ban for no reason

You can get programs that beat hardwear bans and programs to spoof your hardware numbers so if you get banned you change the number well so ive read im sure most of you know what site to get these tools from.

Comment

Working...
                        X