No announcement yet.

do you have native languages on or of?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: do you have native languages on or of?

hmm, erm it improves loading times? wow, how do u turn it off? i wanna turn it off nw!

Comment

In options>audio.

Comment

I recently turned mine off. Firstly for loading times, but that doesn't matter now that my RAM came in the mail. But, as PigPopTart says, I don't want to read what everyone is saying - especially in the heat of the battle.

Originally posted by asdasdasd
        dumb incompetent uneducated and unemployed yankees
        no... just lazy.

Comment

Man i didnt even know you could turn it off. And i wouldnt either, as battlefield has taught me quite a few useful arabic and mandarin phrases: i might be on holiday in Iran and need a medic, thanks to Bf2 i'm a step ahead of all the other tourists when i shout 'fakada-hadavishan! Abdimul-mousfed!' And if Im in China and i hear the familiar sound of artillery whizzing towards me i'll be able to warn people by shouting 'tai-pow!'. this game can also be an educational experience noobs!

Comment

Originally posted by VC_Resurrected
            Man i didnt even know you could turn it off. And i wouldnt either, as battlefield has taught me quite a few useful arabic and mandarin phrases: i might be on holiday in Iran and need a medic, thanks to Bf2 i'm a step ahead of all the other tourists when i shout 'fakada-hadavishan! Abdimul-mousfed!' And if Im in China and i hear the familiar sound of artillery whizzing towards me i'll be able to warn people by shouting 'tai-ow!'. this game can also be an educational experience noobs!
            Dumbass that is highly unlikely to happen, and go ahead and run around China or a Middle Eastern country shouting words that you hear out of BF2. And I do belive you will be put in the looney bin.

Anyway someone off this forum who is Arabic said that alot of what the MEC and PLA say in BF2 is incorrect and didn't make sense.

Comment

Originally posted by md_adli
              I use it cause when i'am a sniper and i hide mostly...so if i hear some weird language then it must be an enemy nearby or when they are throwing grenades u can get ready to run
              Bingo! same here.

Comment

I have them on. Has saved my life tons of times by hearing a "foreign" language, and knowing immediately that it's an enemy.
                What MEC are saying in arabic is mostly a dialect, and therefore could be misunderstood by many.
                Al taira bidun tayar, the airplane without pilot - literal translation lol
                I'm pretty sure that there exists an Arabic word for "UAV" that sounds a bit more "tactical"

Comment

Originally posted by Eternal-Souljah

Anyway someone off this forum who is Arabic said that alot of what the MEC and PLA say in BF2 is incorrect and didn't make sense.
                  Actually, he said that they did a really good job, but some of the sayings were silly. Arabian Knight is his name-o. Search for threads started by him.

Why call that guy you quoted a dumb*** when he was obviously being sarcastic?

Anyway, there are good arguments for both on and off here in this thread:

I have them ON because I think it's vital to knowing who is in your vicinity saying "Get ammo here." But reducing loading times is a good idea...but I would sacrifice the extra 10-30 seconds waiting for a load to be able to hear an enemy yelling like an idiot.

Comment

Originally posted by Eternal-Souljah
                    Dumbass that is highly unlikely to happen, and go ahead and run around China or a Middle Eastern country shouting words that you hear out of BF2. And I do belive you will be put in the looney bin.

No i think you can pat yourself on the back for being the real dumbass, do you seriously think i would take a holiday in Iran, America's next probable target for 're-education'? Surely your pre-natal intelligence could perceive the sarcasm in the suggestion that i would come under artillery fire in China? it was a joke, so try not to be so quick to accuse.

Comment

Originally posted by VC_Resurrected
                      No i think you can pat yourself on the back for being the real dumbass, do you seriously think i would take a holiday in Iran, America's next probable target for re-education? Surely your pre-natal intelligence could perceive the sarcasm in the suggestion that i would come under artillery fire in China? it was a joke, so try not to be so quick to accuse.
                      let's all calm down, I addressed it in a calm manner in my above post. Let's hope this doesn't escalate. lol.

Comment

I leave it on...SO much easier to tell if an enemy is around that way

Plus, it's more realistic..even though I'm sure the actual translations are completely off.

Comment

Originally posted by Talus
                          Plus, it's more realistic..even though I'm sure the actual translations are completely off.
                          I'll BRB to research Arabian Knight's post, and I'll quote it here. I'm pretty sure he said they were decent.

Comment

One time i was playing on sharqi on the MEC side, and I was badly injured. I called out for a medic, and just when I did this I spot a US guy running past the alley I was hiding in. Without turning around he drops a couple of medipacks, and keeps running his way
                            I say "shukran", and he replies with "ten-four".
                            I picked up the medipacks, and shot him in the back.
                            This guy had "English Voice only" ON for SURE!:laugh:

Comment

Can i switch the sounds to whatever i like? Are there .ogg files for every radio command? I could've changed it to the british one from BF2SF, then i could both understand it, and it would differ from the american speech. Punkbuster is probably gonna get me for this....

Native languages on, and thats how its gonna stay.

Comment

I've always left them on for the rest of the BF series, so I leave them on for BF2 as well. It's worth it just to hear BOOMBOOLAH!! Plus after playing for so long I can pretty much tell what the phrases mean when I hear them, so if someone needs health or ammo I can recognise it (plus the giant symbols on the minimap help, too ). And, like others have mentioned, if you're PLA and you hear someone shout out, 'I NEED A MEDIC HERE' from around the other side of a building you know that you still have enemies around (and maybe even an easy kill, heh).

~Wolfgang

Comment

Working...
                                X