Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Overrated and underrated guns

Originally posted by ||bfa||variable
    No, that just means that you like it. Stats are the reality of the weapon's performance - your perceptions are not. That said, your playstyle might match well with the weapon's behavior, but that doesn't make it more accurate.
    That's pretty much how I feel when people rave about how good the L85A1 is. Pre-SF it was the choice of medics worldwide simply because it was an unlock, and unlock == better (not true, I know, but that was the mentality). I used to pick it up from kit bags lying around and use it and I was never terribly impressed, and I'm even less so now. With such huge recoil it sucks at burst shots, and burst shots are how most medium-ranged encounters are won. The L85 is such a tempermental bugger, moreso than any other weapon in the game IMO, and yet some people swear that it's the best thing since buttered toast, even though the numbers say otherwise. Like you said, it all seems to come down to playstyle.

Originally posted by Kayback
    I still like the AK's. They are fantastic weapons. Powerful, accurate on semi auto, 30 round mags, and in a SHTF situation, you can always go cyclic.

I see medics running around with G36E's and Assaults with FN2000's and I've got my trusty AK.

KBK
    Heh I almost never use unlocks anymore, actually. The G3 is, and has always been, my favourite weapon, so I will still use that as Assault unless I feel I'll need the t00b in which case I just go with the defaults. The only other times I'll use unlocks are if I'm MEC engineer (don't like the Saiga so I use the MP7), Chinese AT (usually P90 but every once in a great while I'll give the ol' DAO a spin), or US/Chinese support (PKM because the muzzle flash on the SAW and Type-95 completely obscure the target in ironsights mode and I HATE that). Everything else gets the default, unless I happen to grab an enemy kit. There's just a certain satisfaction to be the only one on the server still using M16s and M4s.

Edit: Oops...I forgot to mention that, depending on the map, I may use the L96 as MEC/PLA simply because it's got that nicer zooming scope.

~Wolfgang

Comment

• Re: Overrated and underrated guns

Originally posted by Wolfgang Abenteuer

Heh I almost never use unlocks anymore, actually.
      Yeah, I've never cared much for the G3, I run outa ammo too quickly as I hit full auto too often.

However the standard guns work pretty much OK. However I do use the DAO-12 over the Chinese SMG.

I've pulled off some fantastic kills with the L85A1, but people seem to be able to use it better than I can. For long ranged sniping I'm more accurate with the AK.

KBK

Comment

Working...
      X