Is it just me or kicks increasing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it just me or kicks increasing?

Is it just me or are the number of servers with loser admins out there increasing? Perhaps all the good admins have moved on leaving us with, well, abusers. I've been kicked lately for some pretty lame reasons.

Oh, and tonight there was a squad camping on our uncappable base. When we told the admin "there are base campers". His response? "nope." wah?! I got sick of it and left the server. I'm just a little frustrated at the quality of admin I've been encountering lately.

Re: Is it just me or kicks increasing?

seems like there are barely any good servers left.

Comment

I don't understand the mentality that makes it ok for paying members and friends to do whatever, but you offend an admin and you're insta-kicked. Imagine if basketball were like that: the umps would allow the home team to kick the visitors in the nuts.. that's not a foul because it's their gym.

Please. I'm playing your server because I agreed that everybody plays by your rules. No exceptions. If I lose, then I can accept it because it was a fair game.

Comment

Some admins have a really short tolerance for BS I guess. I can understand being a server owner and an admin myself if someone starts insulting me or making the game unpleseant for other people I have to act. I would rather give 1 asshat the boot and even ban them instead of losing 4-5 people that are decent and respectful gamers.
        As the providers of a public clan server, we do not want to risk losing our regulars because some idiot is calling everyone names or teamkilling someone. The game should always be fun and as soon as we see that someone is taking that away from someone else, then we act because we want a clean server. Just one position on that topic. Different strokes for different folks I guess.

Comment

maybe admins are finally stepping and trying to put an end to the smacktarditis that seems to plague BF2 at times.

When someone posts on here about an unfair admin. All we hear is their version of it, we rarely see the chat logs, showing exactly what happened

I would guess that 85% of kicks/bans are justified.

Comment

yeah i have to agree with others. admins can have short fuses but usually thats because someone is playing up. i was on another server few days ago where rules spacifically said not to rape an uncap and what not. yet it seemed half their yeam was. in these cases i would understand if an admin came on and kicked anyone, simply because it ruins the game for the majority.

but yeah some admins can be right smacktards. yeasterday was on a cleansweep server where the USMC had a high rank team and all admins and some players were going 50 kills to 3 deaths. so i hop in to a Mig and down an Enemy F-15 and get kicked for unexplainable kill. because it is really strange for fighters to down bombers i guess . anyways go back on down the same player again who was strafing control center which is where my whole team was. this time i got banned for Teamkilling even though i saw no team member as of yet, let alone tking, and only thing i said was WTF after i see your getting banned message. this is a fine example of jelousy and power so yeah sometimes admins do act like smacktards for stupid reasons

Comment

life isnt fair...deal with it. Join the winning team at www.digital-anarchy.com

Comment

Originally posted by Revoluti0n
                Some admins have a really short tolerance for BS I guess. I can understand being a server owner and an admin myself if someone starts insulting me or making the game unpleseant for other people I have to act. I would rather give 1 asshat the boot and even ban them instead of losing 4-5 people that are decent and respectful gamers.
                As the providers of a public clan server, we do not want to risk losing our regulars because some idiot is calling everyone names or teamkilling someone. The game should always be fun and as soon as we see that someone is taking that away from someone else, then we act because we want a clean server. Just one position on that topic. Different strokes for different folks I guess.
                Couldn't have said it better myself.
                My clan gets crap alot because we have a large community of our own (Members & non-member regulars) and have a low tolerance for smaktards.
                Our servers are full with or without them because our regulars appreciate what we do to keep the game fun.
                We'll get a compliant and usually the non-members of our community will come to our defense before we need to.

Comment

Well as a server owner I can say yes I have cut back on warnings and gone to kicking, why? I am tired of baby sitting when I should be playing. My gawd first I pay this absorbanant fee to have the server then I have to stop playing every 3 mins to warn someone about being an a$$hat? arrrgg last night i did go a tad far, i turned the auto admin on to kick instead warn and the commander dropped arty, a bunch of people who dont look at the mini map ran into it and began cussing at the commander :oof:: 10 people kicked, after that i turned the auto admin back to warn. But it was kinda funny and hopefully a lesson to them to watch the mini map, heck others did and didnt run into his arty...on a 64 player server that is usually full or close to it it gets hectic, people need to pay attention and admining 64 people is a daunting task.

anyways we try to run a good server and take mid ground on rules and we do have one that different people see differently..no camping uncaps till you have all the flags, we wont kick someone sniping at or trying to steal or destroy assets, but sit in there and kill kill kill ur gone,

Comment

Originally posted by Revoluti0n
                    Some admins have a really short tolerance for BS I guess. I can understand being a server owner and an admin myself if someone starts insulting me or making the game unpleseant for other people I have to act. I would rather give 1 -sshat the boot and even ban them instead of losing 4-5 people that are decent and respectful gamers.
                    I agree with you. In fact I applaud admins who kick "griefers" who TK or are disrespectful. I ask that you be fair and consistent. Kick a regular who behaves like an idiot, too.

Comment

As a new admin we have tried to be as upfront as possible with server rules, even getting them translated into french and german seeing as we get alot of players who speak those languages. We also give warnings first unless the player in question is a complete idiot. As such, when we do kick or ban players they can't say they've not had a fair chance to behave like a reasonable human being - to date though, we've only had to ban one player.

Comment

Just started flying helos in game and I get kicked all the time. It's not that I'm a bad pilot or gunner, admins just want the choppers. Doesn't happened quite as much with planes. Just find a public server that isn't clan related.

Comment

I've been playing since September and I have 2 kicks and 0 bans to my name. Both of the kicks were due to being idle because of someone calling during a game, or me having to leave the room. I've also never had anyone try a kick vote or even a mutiny vote against me.

In the past, I've heard several posters claim that you aren't a good player if you don't get kicked/banned alot, or some stupid **** like that.

I pride myself in being a good team player and being respected enough that I've never had any trouble with the admins.

However, I've always been more of a ground pounder, armor/transport player than a flyer and my stats show that. In fact, I'm just getting started in flying on ranked servers (I've been practicing on local and closed servers as most people suggest) and I'm curious to see if I start getting kicked for simply taking off as so many posters tend to suggest happens. I'll keep everyone informed on that, as it may be a true test of whether admins kick for helo/plane use.

Comment

I've almost given up on warnings when I admin because nobody sees them or pays any attention.

If it is something in blatant violation of the server rules (which are constantly being scrolled on the top of the screen) then you will probably just get kicked. If there is a whole squad camping an uncap, I'll kick one or two and let them be a public example for the rest of them. If I decide to be nice and warn them to stop, they get kicked next time it happens. While I won't hesitate to kick people for breaking rules, I will often sit and wait until someone disconnects on their own before I join; I really don't like picking a random person and booting them just so I can join.

I rarely ban people though. After getting kicked for breaking the rules, if you come back to the server and constantly mouth off or insult myself or other admins, you will find yourself perma-banned, but it is usually a last resort. We do pay for the server and we don't have to listen to your lip when you were not following the rules.

I try to be fair in enforcing the rules for both sides. If nobody says anything about who is breaking the rules, then I might not notice if it is on the other part of the map. Meanwhile, if the other team does the same thing to me, I'll obviously know immediately and put an end to it.
                            As far as frequency of kicks and bans, I don't think I'm doing either one more often than at any point previously.

Comment

I have been kicked about 10 times in the 2 days

Comment

Working...
                              X