Why I hate jet pilots (My rant)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why I hate jet pilots (My rant)

I despise jet pilots on BF2, this is simply because I beleive they are the worst type of BF2 player and the jets are completey out balanced inthe game. They also totaly go against the grain of the whole game emphasis on team work.

Now this isnt simply because I get killed way too many times by jet pilots either bombing me into the ground repeatedly at a spawn, or even machine gunning me down from over a kilometer away, its not even the fact that they are dificult to counter measure on many maps because of the lack of decent mobile AA guns. This hatered goes much deeper. To me they compeltely spoil the game because so many bloody people try to use them to stat pad their own scores and say to hell withthe rest of the team.

Many of these "leet" pilots will do anything to get in a bloody jet, and if you by some fortuante chance are the first person in one at the start of a map you can certainly expect to be TKed by one fo these uber leet pilots who considers themselves to be much better than you, therefore must kill you to take the jet from you. . Failing that,you can expect some nob end to throw themselves in front of you to make u TK them so they can punish you. Or their other bitter favourite trick is to C4 your jet and let u take off b4 detonating! The 4 points they lose as punishment doesnt matter as they will soon be earnign more points once they are in t he sky.

Most jet pilots will do ANYTHING to get to the jet spawn point:-

- TK
    - Taking the teams only tank to use to get to the jet spawn point
    - Using the only transports to get there
    - blowing up someone elses jet to get it to respawn.
    - Taking the attack chopper to get to the enemies air strip
    - Ignore the enemies flags in order to get the 'Holy' J10
    - Ignoring commander/squad leader orders in order to go get the jet (and usually takign the squads onyl mode of transprot to make their journey quicker, and to mow down their team mates who are also trying to do the same thing!)

Initially they join a squad, usuall the biggest squad or the squad withtheir mates in. Oviously this is a waste of time becuause they wont be taking orders from their squad leader and cant capture flags if they are in their jet! Their own spin on squad orders is much better, they have their own ideas as to how they can contribute to the squad. When the squad leader is instructing people to get to a flag he obviously doesnt mean the guy int he jet, he obviously want this jet guy to "help the team" by killing the guys spawning on the enemies main base.

If they went in their own suad this would be more useful as at lest the commander could TRY to order them to objectives. But these guys know better than any commander or squad leader anyway, they can win this battle on their own so no orders will be relevant to them.

Once the typical BF2 jet fighter is in the air, particuarly on maps like wake when they are the chinese, they see it as their dutry to stop the enemy getting to the main island, taking all their teams share of the kill points, meaning that the other 99% of their team are left stranded on the island with nothing to do because the jet pilots are taking all the kills by spawn raping the enemy. However spawn raping doesnt apply to them, its only the commanders who arent allowed to attack the opposition main base! By taking out the enemy they are ensuring the team wins, it doesnt matter if everyone else is resigned to sitting at an empty with nothing to do.

Once a full on battle is underway you would think this would be where the aviators shine and they would do their team duties and help their team by at least attacking their squad leaders objective flags. They would be a great asset if they were used to clear the way for the land bourne attack force, taking out all the enemy troops, gun emplacements or more importantly heavy armour at the objective enemy flag But alas, no, once they are in the air there is just one way of bumping their score and that is spawn raping! The best way to really rack up the points and improve on that frag rate and win some awards is to attack the enemies main airstrip base, especially if the enemy is the US and on the carrier.

Repeatedly flying over their air strip will almost cerainly meant you get to take out the enemy who are also not contributing to their team by camping the jet and chopper spawns.

Occasionally the typical jet pilot does lend out a helping hand and drops a bomb on your intended flag ,... while you are taking it, thus killing your entire squad in one fatal sweep. Sometimes they do give the "sorry, my bad" call sign but usually they dont.

You and your team respawn, at your main base, however theres an enemy tank there spawn raping your team! You eventually find cover and you are down to you last bar of health! Sureely this is a job for the Iron birds - they can swoop in and take this steel beast out with one swift bombing campaign!

You call in your "maverick", point out the armor,
    "enemy armor spotted"
    ..... nothing, maybe he's resupplying...
    ....you wait
    ,.....your flag is starting to go
    ..........."enemy armor spotted".........
    still nothing
    .......................you finally have to risk being slottted while defensless and typing a message to your pilots:-

"can you guys come bomb the enemy tank, we are pinned down and losing our flags fast"

no reply.

You try again

"HEY PILOTS<>> CAN YOU CO...."

mid sentance you are knifed by the tank driver who has finally captured the flag and given up waiting for you to come out of your hiding place.

So the inevitible happens and your team are now losing, you are down to your last flag and the enemy are bombing and artying the hell out of your last base, your team are unlucky enough to be losing badly. God know how they would be losing with the "king of the sky" on their team :, but if they are. Its at this point you need every man in your team to attack a flag, your airstrip is long gone and your flyboys are all out of ammo.

Surely these guys to birdman to an undefended flag and quickly capture it to get the guys whoa are dead back into the game, aren't they? No one could be that dumb, stubborn or selfish could they? No it's not that its just that these guys have an even BETTERr plan, they will fly around the map, until everyone on their team is dead. That way the opponants cant get them, unless they get in a jet, and there is NO WAY the opposition are as good as them in a jet, not a chance, not even when they themselves have no ammo! So they then proceed to fly around the map for about 10 minutes while their dead comrades sit bored looking at a rubbish team score and cursing their twat pilots.

The game is over but these guys refuse to be killed, they are true BF2 kings! :

Most jet pilots are the same, complete tosserswho are only interested in racking up points and are alergic to capturing flags. God knows why they even bother to join a squad because they have nointention of following orders or helping their squad out. The game is so unbalanced towards jets, paticuarly J10's. There needs to be more AA ****er measures on many maps and better punishments dished out for people who TK jet pilots. Also a better way of scoring points for members who DO follow orders and less points for jet kills in hones opinion.

I know I'm going to get a load of 12 year old fly boys now defending their maverick antics and saying stuff like i suck at flying or just kill jets with other jets but its all BS. In many servers its far too dificult to try and get into a jet and there is way too much TKing going on for them and Attack choppers, and thats a fact.

Anyway, let the attacking of my opinions commence...

Re: Why I hate jet pilots (My rant)

Damn...you need a table of contents

Comment

You need to read posts or not bother commenting. No way you read that spammer.

Comment

find a server that doesn't have punish on and is has good admins. Then those tards that TK or force a TK will be kicked (or banned if repeat offender).

Comment

its not a SERVER ISSUE, I HAVE MY OWN SERVER. its just generally its problem and I hate it. Just a rant.

Comment

well i 100% agree with your boxman. Wake is so unbalanced, it hurts. The Carrier + a Base on main island would be much better then its now. Whats the point with a Spawnpoint on a isolated SMALL island with a AA behind trees??
            Thank God there is no Bomber on the map *shudder*

Spawnrape is so uber-lame and these uber-lame Pilot should burn in hell.

€dit: right..not a server Problem. Its a ppl-r-stupid Problem.
            DICE COULD add a "no-flight" zone over main bases where u cant fly over and cant place Arty

Comment

I agree with most of what you have said but not all leet pilots TK for jets or any thing else retarded and i have seen alot of uber leet pilots rack up big scores helping out there team

It annoys me that some dont help the team when then can get just as good points helping the team rather than raping an air craft carrier or spawn point

I am not a great pilot but when i get a plane i always fly around the map waiting for enemy helo's or planes and bombing flags just taken by the enemy.

Not once have i ever bombed an air craft carrier as i dont see the fun in it i would rather have a good/fun dogfight and get killed than be bored and rape a spawn point

Comment

On the whole, I totally agree with this post Boxman. However, occasionally you will find one jet pilot who is team orientated & will do the job. Let's hope they're first in the airfield queue next time. The sad thing is it's a long queue, full of teamkillers.. & the grunts are out there doing the essential work of taking flags, waiting to get bombed by their own teams air support who need to kill the enemy lone wolf in the same grid square.

Comment

I agree its not all pilots, but in all honesty its a good chunk of all players who have played as a pilot. I have honestly only seen a handful of good pilots while in game, but I suppose that could be said of most kits/specialities int he game. The same goes for commanders and chopper pilots, rarely do you find them in game. I just think jet pilots areby far the wost performing gamers of all.

Comment

When I am the Bomber Pilot I watch out for "We have lost Controll over ....." and Bomb the living sh*t out of the enemy. Thats what its all about to be the Bomber Pilot no?
                    Last night I even had a Co-pilot with me....but he did nothing besides uh nosepicking or something. I hate these Idiots. Whats the point being a gunner and dont...well...shoot??!!

Comment

i agree!

bf2 jet whores ruin maps. they bomb carriers and non-caps, they probably dont use a jystick becuase the mouse gives them more senseivity. a joystick is more realistic and fun, but it doesnt get them points.

they think that because they are better than you in the jet, your not allowed in the jet. a turn based system installed with the jets woulds probably cause a few people n the world to commit suicide :P also, if one of these "kings" do get grounded because the airfield gets captured, then all they do is resort to another lame tactic to get to the airfield. whats the pont in playing bf2 if its not for fun? its the same with the bf2 leaderboard. some of them havnt even played all the vanilla mpas yet - just 4000 hours of karkand.

Comment

meaning that the other 99% of their team are left stranded on the island with nothing to do because the jet pilots are taking all the kills by spawn raping the enemy.
                        Talk about being a JEALOUS POINTWHORE. Karkand... lalalalllaaaalala. Dirka Dirka.

All in all, I hate pilots you described. Their "supermoves" usually consist of killing enemy jets off the ground and they rarely are seen attacking targets on the main battlefield. However, there are pilots who are genuinely interested in the success of their team, and they are an asset to you.

Meh, theres not much to disagree with, actually there is, but mostly all your complaining falls flat because you left an impression of a bitching pointjealous medalwhore. Like... the same people who you just described.

The problem to your solution is to play in well adminned servers that have good regulars that get the jets/choppers , but work for the team.

Comment

Originally posted by Warp
                          On the whole, I totally agree with this post Boxman. However, occasionally you will find one jet pilot who is team orientated & will do the job. Let's hope they're first in the airfield queue next time. The sad thing is it's a long queue, full of teamkillers.. & the grunts are out there doing the essential work of taking flags, waiting to get bombed by their own teams air support who need to kill the enemy lone wolf in the same grid square.

again true, but as you say thre is a long queue , and tehre shouldnt be, if u dont get the plane, then move on do something else. But they dont they just sit there doing nothing, waiting for the jet. Worst thing about it all is they are rewarded because they usually end up getting that jet by hook or by crook (tk). It boils my ****.

Comment

Originally posted by boxman80
                            again true, but as you say thre is a long queue , and tehre shouldnt be, if u dont get the plane, then move on do something else. But they dont they just sit there doing nothing, waiting for the jet. Worst thing about it all is they are rewarded because they usually end up getting that jet by hook or by crook (tk). It boils my ****.
                            I suck on the ground, I have a KDR of 0.98. I die by most encounters. Not ashamed to admit it. So if the game is TENSE and team needs serious input from air force, I will stay on the carrier and get the jet as soon as possible. If the air force is covered, youll see me on the ground getting my ass whooped around. And most of my good pilot buddies do the same, although they dont suck o the ground like I do :laugh: .

Comment

if a pilot goes 45-1 in a jet, he's helped your team a lot. That's 45 tickets he bled from them.

That's what wins rounds, tickets.

You should want the best pilot to be in the air, killing everything he can, makes it much easier on the rest of the team when there's fewer enemies making it bases (or off the carrier)

Comment

Working...
                              X