Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Community Update (6/16) - EXCLUSIVE

Originally posted by DrJambo
    Speaking of bellends, at least two of those are developers not publishers...

lol.
    well none are related and none make buggy games, so go figure

Comment

Where Is Bftv ????

Comment

Originally posted by orphious2006
        Once again Wargimp I couldn't agree more!!! Not sure if the other publishers have had open beta testing...at least none that I know of!!
        2K Games and Besthesda/Zenisoft had an open beta for the Oblivion patch.

..and they are also subscribing to the charge extra money for every little extra thing (e.g. the $2 mods)

Comment

I have a slight feeling that this may be the last patch made for BF2. If so...I'd like to se integration of BF2:SF into BF2 along with EF and AF(just so that SF and BF2 could co-exist on the same server. It will make SF last longer than it would on it's own.

Comment

still people do not understand the point of SF...

good to see that the crashing bug has been found and being fixed, and the cartillery, hopefully no more snipers having to look above their heads every few minutes

Comment

Snipers should be getting a couple of kills and then be on the move anyway...you don't need a car dropping on your head to help point that out.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaimu
                Where Is Bftv ????

Last I hear SKY DIGITAL bought the rights - u will need a SKY|HD box to watch - lol

Joking of course :laugh:

Comment

Originally posted by enfo
                  woah, thanks for the info, but i dont see the need to "lower the number of players needed to start a ranked game."
                  Try getting a 64 person server running...it's a PITA...You get 7 or 8 people then the 9th joins and someone leaves....

Comment

Originally posted by Holle
                    Try getting a 64 person server running...it's a PITA...You get 7 or 8 people then the 9th joins and someone leaves....
                    it was sort of rediculous from the start to have 8 people in a server playing/fighting for hours trying to get their server started.

Comment

Originally posted by MiSh
                      You have proved nothing except your narrow mindedness. I did not say that I didn't support this game in the past which is what you seem to be fixated on but I will continue to do so no more.

Wow congratulations on supposedly proving your point on a gaming forum, you should be so proud.
                      Are you retarded?

Please explain how I am "proving your point"? I supported the game (I will spell this out for you; the "ed" on the end of supported is past tense).
                      a couple posts later...

Unfortunately I have responsibilities to my community, I cannot up and quit and just flip a switch to turn everything off.
                      Try not to hurt yourself seeing the irony. You're the poster boy of all those EA haters. You've proven my point by doing the EXACT opposite of what you said you've done/going to do.

Don't get mad at me just because you're the slow one. Sorry for highjacking this thread WarGimp but I HATE people who post crap like this.

Comment

Originally posted by Kurt
                        Excellent, good stuff. Fixing the server crash and sorting the vehicle drops is a damn good start.

A new map too - hurrah! (though I think we've earned it)

Interesting about beta-testing the new patch. There seem to be too few changes to make it worthwhile beta testing a patch so I wonder if there is anything else in there. None of the other patches were beta'd for BF2, 1942, etc so this is a pretty big step. Either they're finally listening to us and will make a point of beta'ing patches or there's a lot more in this patch.

Anyway, either way, nice to hear (finally).
                        Maybe its only a BETA test of the new map? Or are they just tired of hearing people complaining, so now they can say 'OOP, we had a beta test, and you werent there to input your feedback.' But actualy i would like that, i am becoming tired of people wreaking game play because they suck so they want it changed(except for bugs, they are ok to complain about). And i cant wait to tray this new FREE, thats right free! map.

Comment

still no claymore, aa, flare fixes, super.

Comment

I personally don't have a problem with them taking their time fixing most of the problems that BF2 suffers from. I Wuv the game. But them taking over a month to fix the server crashing problem is unforegivable.

If you take almost 2000 Ranked servers ( in the USA alone, I might be wrong on that) and remove the EA paid ones, you still would prolly have around 1800 servers that are unstable and in away not useable by 1.3

And lets just say for each server cost anywhere from $150-$300 a month. For easier math, lets just say $200 for each server over a month as an average.

-------

That could mean at the least $360,000 was wasted/lossed due to negligent behavior on the part of EA/Dice.

But since they aren't going to create a hot fix for the server crashing, and some server providers might not be willing to deal with a beta patch. More money might/will be lossed.

What I think personally should be done is a class action suit of lets say $ 1 million against EA/dice.

For one it really wouldn't hurt either companies bottom line. Second it would never make it to court I'm betting, and even if it did chances are the communities/clans prolly wouldn't get much over $100 back from it.

But the bad press might make them think twice about releasing software without making sure it is not going to cause more problems then supposedly corrects.

The community/clan I'm in has dumped out over $3000 in server costs since BF2 was released. Yes I know this is a drop in the bucket compared to some.

Thats my 2 cents

Comment

Originally posted by Skwurl
                              Are you retarded?

a couple posts later...

Try not to hurt yourself seeing the irony. You're the poster boy of all those EA haters. You've proven my point by doing the EXACT opposite of what you said you've done/going to do.

Don't get mad at me just because you're the slow one. Sorry for highjacking this thread WarGimp but I HATE people who post crap like this.
                              Keep going with the personal attacks you have proven nothing and have to resort to name calling to make you feel superior. I was upset at the time I made the original post with the recent announcement that EA was not going to quickly address the server crashes and therefore made an irate post. I cannot abandoned my community but I can say that I have no interest in BF2142 based off of EA's treatment of BF2 server owners and will not be purchasing it.

I am also sorry if my opinion is crap to you but look at it from my perspective, your opinion is utter **** to me. This is a forum built completely on posts of individual opinions so I can say whatever I wish as long as it is within the forum guidelines.

Good day sir.

Comment

Working...
                              X