blackhawks and fatboys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• blackhawks and fatboys

Here are a couple things I think need to be fixed about the transport helos.

Since nerfing the helos they just sit empty now, DICE should make people want to use them again. I like the idea that everyone should get out to cap a flag, but my suggestion is to give the black hawk its old miniguns back, and give the mec helo some real fire power.

In most rounds the black hawks are only used to fly somewhere then the pilot will bail out, make people want to stay in them.

Re: blackhawks and fatboys

Agreed

Comment

Nah - to make them as good as their where just leads to the old BH laming and 20 people waiting for a ride including tk-ing for it.

Just improve the guns for all armys a bit so one can use them to kill someone and improve the armor so it can go in under fire. At the moment one can use them only for halo jumps.

Comment

ya that would be good. again. i remember the good old days of the blackhack. going on mushtuur. and getting like 50 kills in one round

Comment

Originally posted by air_refugee

Since nerfing the helos they just sit empty now, DICE should make people want to use them again. I like the idea that everyone should get out to cap a flag, but my suggestion is to give the black hawk its old miniguns back, and give the mec helo some real fire power.

In most rounds the black hawks are only used to fly somewhere then the pilot will bail out, make people want to stay in them.
          Agree 100%.

Nah - to make them as good as their where just leads to the old BH laming and 20 people waiting for a ride including tk-ing for it.

Just improve the guns for all armys a bit so one can use them to kill someone and improve the armor so it can go in under fire. At the moment one can use them only for halo jumps.
          They should be improved just enough to make them useful again, but not so much that they become the TK magnet you speak of. One suggestion I have heard before that I liked is that the BH's miniguns should have limited ammo. That, coupled with the 'Get out to cap' thing should make them good enough to use, but not so good they are unbalanced. I don't know how you'd beef up the Mi-27 and the Z-8 though.

Making the Transport Helo's useful would add an extra dimension to the game. This can only be a good thing!

Comment

Originally posted by air_refugee

It's been said a thousand times, a substantial number of those by me
            Of course I agree but it won't happen

Comment

I miss the blackhawks ;( mainly because when I gun there are less aerial targets now. I miss blowing up those full blackhawks ... lol
              xfire: chodda
              steam: w0ofz

Comment

Agreed with the OP

Comment

the z8 is jsut pathetic. you have to lead the bullets, it overheats easily and it is a big target

Comment

The guns were a bit overpowered b4, splash damage was ludicrous, I'd get kills on guys who had ran around the corner of a building and were a good 10' down the wall...

However, in typical EA fashion it was OVERLY nerfed. I'd suggest taking the stats on the weapon now, and before, and meeting in the middle. For the mec/chinese transport helos I'd suggest bringing them up a bit more...

But agreed, they sit most of the time. I've put that gun on afk guys and not killed them ffs.

Comment

Originally posted by donpost
                      [...] I don't know how you'd beef up the Mi-27 and the Z-8 though. [...]
                      Simply by changing the MEC & Chinese heli's guns to match the BH's guns (i.e. firing speed, deviation, ...). I don't care if they look the same or not but before maps like Mashtur were too unbalanced.

Regarding the ammo thing i'm not sure if this would help if a support guy can provide ammo. On the other hand - if one can only rearm at a heli pad - it might make having at least one pad more important - so one cant fly around with 3 repairing engineers for the whole round. I probably would like that

Comment

yes they overly nerfed them to the point they are bsically shooting paint balls now...bad move heck leaving them alone would have been better i never had trouble taking them down anyways

Comment

Yes, it's not really that they overly nerfed it in my opinion, it's just as another poster has said:

Instead of bringing up the other two choppers so they are on par with the BH, they brought the BH down so it was on par with the other two.

I hate it. I think a few people here have seen this video, and the BF2 minigun is nothing like this.

Comment

looks more like its shooting lava! lol

Comment

Agreed.

The blackhawks used to kick serious ass. They need to bring the original guns back.

Comment

Working...
                              X