Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Vista - bf2

Originally posted by 1Bad
    I program on Unix, and prefer it to windows. Unix console is very powerful. But for non-console apps I like windows, its prettier .
    GUI's can execute everything that command terminal interfaces can, WTF is the point? seriously i want to know. Does it make you feel special to know cmd lines that others don't?

Comment

post some ss pls and lets ompare them to xp version ss vs vista version ss

Comment

Originally posted by 12:oc7ock
        GUI's can execute everything that command terminal interfaces can, WTF is the point? seriously i want to know. Does it make you feel special to know cmd lines that others don't?
        With the command line you have more control on how you can launch the app, update it, modify it, change settings etc. For you average user a GUI is fine but for junkies like me it feels good using the command line because I am in total control.

So yes

Comment

Sir Firefox: I am a certified Linux Admin (LPIC) and its true that Commandline give u more controll over the OS but it is not Userfriendly. Thats why Linux aint as successfull as easy-to-use Windows (not to mention Windows is established as THE Desktop OS ATM)
          You cant expect form a casual User to do a rpm -iv <jadajada.rpm> or to compile a Source-code just to run a small application. It sometimes takes AGES to get all the Libs and often the application just dont want to "make" or "./configure". Linux is not yet ready to replace Windows as a User Desktop OS and prolly never will.

Its good for Server-related stuff though since its very stable if u stay on Commandline and you dont want any fancy 3D applications and dont talk about the driver Situation for your PC hardware or USB support. (both suxx)

This is not a Topic Windows vs. Linux. Both are great in their main working enviroment.

Comment

Lol why does everyone call me "firefox" or "freezip"?

Yea I know linux is a pain sometimes but I do host some personal servers and has not failed me yet.

Comment

Working...
            X