Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The End of Competitive Play in Battlefield 2?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The End of Competitive Play in Battlefield 2?

Originally posted by almanac
    You guys need to get your head out of your ass. Competition is about stretching the games limits and beating your opponents.

If you have a guy that can solo guide, you take that in a heartbeat. You have to think strategy. In an 8v8 match, why put 2 guys in the dang chopper when you can have 1. Instead of 1/4 of your team flying around, it's only 1/8. That way you have more people on the ground to take flags (which really matter). I swear some of you people are dumb.

It takes more skill to solo guide than it does having a pilot and you just gunning. He has to multi-task.

Most of you guys wouldn't last 2 minutes in an 8v8 match with Code7, period. 20ID (one of the best US/Canadian teams) played those fools on Dragon Valley and lasted roughly 3 minutes, literally. Code7 is the best team in BF2, hands down. Their departure doesn't affect any of you because I doubt any of you even compete. When you're part of the competition community and the top teams start to leave, you yourself lose incentive to play. We want competition. We don't want to trash noobs every week because there's no one left. Code7 affects the Euro side of things more than the US, but we've had our share of top teams leave. Paradigm is barely hanging around from the looks of it, HOT left in the middle of a CAL season about 2 weeks ago, the same with TGBF.

Competition is becoming watered down and the "fun" part of that goes with it.

lol, those bf2combat guys suck. I'm not exactly sure if it was them, but there was a 30v30 (I think 3 maps, 2 rnds each) with those guys vs CAL. It was complete ownage.

That isn't competition, that's garbage. If you want a good comparison of "levelage", they're about as good as a high school team whereas CAL players are pro. There is a big difference.

Oh well, stay in your own little world.

And I am happy to let you fly around in choppers by yourself if it's your server or if it's during a game. But dont come into non clan servers and do whatever the hell you want.

And I have seen several 8v8 matches where a team puts two men in the chopper because it allows them to kill infantry and armor.

Originally posted by {WP}Paas
    Ok, the bugs are a problem. I agree.

{WP}Paas
    Code seven didnt quit because of bugs they quit because of "EA's announced changes"

Comment

You know i really dont understand this generalization of clans as all being full of themselves, and what not. I think it is wrong to lump all clans into the same catagory. I mean in the clan i am in right now we strive for realism, thus the reason it is a realism clan. We have always strived to play it the right way, so to say all clans are full of themselves and only play to win would be wrong. We dont even consider ourselves to be a clan, rather a unit, but whatever.

I was in one clan however that we did seriously compete in TWL, and yeah we did what it took to win. We werent good at it, lol, but we still tried to win. But what ever floats you boat.

Just remember that most people in clans just want to play with the same people consistently, and always have people who play as a team. Quit generalizing all clans as be arrogant, full of themselves, what have you, cause most of the time it isnt true.

Comment

Originally posted by oaKenfoLd
        You're one of the noobs I was talking about. A perhaps better question, Mr. Noob and the rest of you morons out there, is who is going to be hosting all the servers, writing all the guides, hosting all the communities?
        ^^^^^^^

People like this are why the general public holds bad feelings tward clans, so while it is unfair to lump all the clans together as arrogant jerks it isnt hard to see why people do it.

Comment

You're one of the noobs I was talking about. A perhaps better question, Mr. Noob and the rest of you morons out there, is who is going to be hosting all the servers, writing all the guides, hosting all the communities?
          Hell crap, youve written one guide (outdated by now) and you think youre the ownage? Ive helped countless of people, personally, and Im not in any BF2 clan. I agree, its not hard to see why clan people are being treated like they are jerks. Youre a solid proof, an answer to the question "why".

Dont talk down to people just because you belong in a closed circle of players that know each other well (definition of a clan, for you).

Being in a clan doesnt make youa better player, certainly hasnt made you a better person. So to not to further ruin the image of clans, shut the fvck up.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Redfield
            Being in a clan doesnt make youa better player,
            I'd disagree, I believe it makes you a better team player which overall makes you a better player. Being in a clan also gives the you the ability to share tactics and maneuvers etc. as well as using voice comm. I'd say that a small percentage pubbers actually use the VOIP, so being in a clan teaches you to communicate with each other which benefits the teanm which makes everyone on the team better.

Comment

Originally posted by =MLK=stallzer
              I'd disagree, I believe it makes you a better team player which overall makes you a better player. Being in a clan also gives the you the ability to share tactics and maneuvers etc. as well as using voice comm. I'd say that a small percentage pubbers actually use the VOIP, so being in a clan teaches you to communicate with each other which benefits the teanm which makes everyone on the team better.
              Really because I play on clan servers every now and then and I dont see a greater level of teamwork. I see a greater level of bitchy players who TK for vehicles and solo chopper when pleanty of other people are around.

From what ive seen i'm a better team player than most clan people I play with some friends both real and E and we actually help eachother out.

Comment

Originally posted by =MLK=stallzer
                Im in a clan, I know what Im talking about- in public plays, most of what a clan is is irrelevant. Teamwork? Does being in a clan make you into INDIVIDUALLY a better player? No it doesnt. Does it make your team awareness better, your teamplay better? Only in clan environment. Only when youre playing with your clanmates. Thats it. Without them, its back to nothing again. Single individuals who dont belong in a clan can excel at the same things as single indivudials who belong in the clan.

All the good stuff that clan offers doesnt mean anything if youre without them. And thats my point- a clan does not make you a better player. A clan makes you play better in a controlled, predictable environment- which is a skirmish.

If you want to be a better player- its all up to you, not your tags.

Comment

Originally posted by parish
                  The day someone starts paying me to pay videogames at home is the day I start caring about crap like this. Until then... meh.
                  that day has been here a long time. in case you didn't know, the BF2 World Tournament had really good prizes. these are some of the things that members of our main team won for being the third best team in the world. although i didn't play, i wouldn't mind getting some of this free stuff for doing something that i consider a part-time hobby.

1 - Auroraâ„¢ 5500 Personal Computer for Team Captain provided by Alienware
                  1 - $400 Gift Certificate to Branzone provided by Branzone
                  8 - EA Games of Winners choice provided by EA Games*
                  8 - Corsair Mousepads, Screwdrivers, and Stickers provided by Corsair*
                  8 - Battlefield 2 Lanyards provided by EA Games*
                  8 - Battlefield 2 Keychains provided by EA Games*
                  8 - Battlefield 2 Hats provided by EA Games*
                  7 - Spades (Entrenching Tools) and Handle Compass provided by EA Games*
                  1 - Battlefield 2 Fanny Pack provided by EA Games
                  8 - T-Shirts provided by EA Games*
                  8 - AMD T-Shirts provided by AMD*

Comment

They're not explotis, they were features for a god damn year. Sigh its noobs like this that make this game go from good to ****. Satisfied noob? Your pub game is much easier to wtfpwn now?
                    I hate you noobs.
                    LOL... so now exploits are features? I guess I missed where on the box it said "Fight on a modern battlefield with the tactics of an actual army! Dolphin dive through a 100 bullets! Become promoted and demoted as squad leader so your team can spawn without having to reorganize! Fly solo as both gunner and pilot while you magically switch seats forwards and backwards in the cockpit!"

Man that's funny. I hope he was just joking and wasn't just embarassing himself. What a coincidence... I hate idiots like you.

I've used AT kit quite a bit. Probably my third most used kit. It's good for certain situations, but I wouldn't want to use it all the time. Most of the time, special forces is a better choice unless you have 2 or 3 teammates all ready with AT rockets to take out a vehicle.

Comment

Its not changes. This patch, and many others have brought problems. Problems that cause CTD's, server crashes, and sometimes a group of players for some odd reason to just drop out of a server at once. I got it before "connection problems" then I am disconnected. It happens to a good portion of players sometimes, and others stay in and play. One time I watched the entire other team get disconnected.
                      I can adapt but this is stupid. I don't care that they nerfed the helicopters down to 8 missiles, I didn't care when they increased the AA. I adapted to that, but this coding? No I can't adapt to that. Its foul and awful.

I can't stand the fact that the J-10 is so unbalenced that the F-35B can't touch it, especially if a good pilot gets in the J-10. It may be a challenge to some but its not right. Missiles don't bounce off planes I am sorry thats bull ****.
                      The SF and Vanilla helicopters both have an issue where the tv guided missile 'missfires'. It tends to happen way more in SF, and sometimes they just don't fire at all. When they do misfire you get the sound, but no missile. It even reloads again. Its the most annoying thing ever.

The SF helicopters have a problem where a great deal of lag happens in the SF helicopters, has EA listened to that? Has it been fixed or even addressed? Nope it hasn't.

The list goes on theres tons and tons of bugs out there. They just don't stop and with each patch we get more and more bugs. Yet ol EA expects us to run out and buy 2142, and get armored fury. Sorry I won't be buying either of those EA, not until you fix your game properly.

What do I expect from this post? Hmm flaming maybe, but most will agree. Do I expect EA to do something about it? Nope I sure don't. I all honesty all they got to worry about right now is 2142. They don't care about this game no more. You paid your 50 bucks for it, and the ranked servers were a hit, they made their money, and make it every time you go out and buy another product. Its not about quality games no more. We may expect quality from other companies but never EA. For such a big company they sure do put out some pretty foul games.

Comment

Good post Lizard.

Like you, I've adapted to the changes EA constantly makes to the gameplay, but nobody should have to continue to suffer through the same repeated bugs, while being introduced to new bugs with every patch.

Just once EA, make a patch that fixes the BUGS and doesn't try to change the way the game is played.

Comment

My gameplay time has greatly reduced due to two things: 1. Patch 1.3 Crash to desktops get so fuxxin annoying... I usually don't start BF2 back up after it crashes/looses connection. 2. My wrist is acting up again (6+ hours a day brings back old gaming wounds in the wrist... I used to go 8-14 hours a day)

Comment

Originally posted by Sadistic_1
                            Good post Lizard.

Like you, I've adapted to the changes EA constantly makes to the gameplay, but nobody should have to continue to suffer through the same repeated bugs, while being introduced to new bugs with every patch.

Just once EA, make a patch that fixes the BUGS and doesn't try to change the way the game is played.
                            The fact remanes that Code7 did not quit because of instability issues which I could understand. They quit because of gameplay changes announced by EA that they could not live without (squad hopping). They quit because they werent able to adapt to changes in the gameplay and their decision was made before the 1.3 patch came out.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Redfield
                              B
                              The only way to get close to that experience is to play on a public server which has a group of regulars. Usually there are a few cool squads that always stick together
                              this keeps me playing

Comment

Originally posted by AP_piano295
                                The fact remanes that Code7 did not quit because of instability issues which I could understand. They quit because of gameplay changes announced by EA that they could not live without (squad hopping). They quit because they werent able to adapt to changes in the gameplay and their decision was made before the 1.3 patch came out.

Who f**king cares. I was replying to Lizards post and the reasons behind Code 7 giving up competitive play don't matter to me in the least. Who the f*ck are you anyway?

The fact remains that Code7...
                                WHERE DID I EVEN MENTION THEM YOU IDIOT? LEARN TO READ POSTS.

Comment

Working...
                                X