Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The End of Competitive Play in Battlefield 2?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The End of Competitive Play in Battlefield 2?

Somehow seeing how the clan people act doesnt make me cry that they are leaving. Siighh what will we do without these arrogant smaktards who think everyone who doest rocket whore like a bitch is a noob :cry: .

Originally posted by Krysiss
    YEa right that's why this is:
    AT/AA 04:48:33 playtime 217kills 315deaths 0.6889kdr

no skill he, first get a ratio above 1 then let's talk more about the AT skills less ****.
    AT stats I'm sorry mebe I should use the roket on everything that moves like you guys but personally I prefer guns and the AT kit doesnt have any good ones. If I wanna kill vehicles I use C4. I played AT for a couple of hours back when the game first came out decided it was a lame cheap ass kit and switched to medic, sniper, and whatever else needs playing.

Im not going to play you at your own game of running arround with rockets all the time I'm going to make you play my game and kick your ass.

Comment

Originally posted by AP_piano295
      ....considering most clan people just run around an blast you at point blank.
      I highly doubt it. You may have encountered a AT guy who was chasing a Tank, when YOU came around the corner; now, if you were the AT guy, would you try and switch weapons(resulting in Death most likely), or just fire the Missle and pray. I thought so, soo nexttime it happens to you, don't get soo upset.

T

Comment

Clan are running many ranked servers...some clans run multiple ranked servers. I wonder how hard it will be to find a ranked server if there are no more clan sponsored servers?

Comment

Originally posted by Tobacco
          I highly doubt it. You may have encountered a AT guy who was chasing a Tank, when YOU came around the corner; now, if you were the AT guy, would you try and switch weapons(resulting in Death most likely), or just fire the Missle and pray. I thought so, soo nexttime it happens to you, don't get soo upset.

T
          No I'm talking about watching videos of clann play and seeing everyone run arround with AT armed.

Comment

Somehow seeing how the clan people act doesnt make me cry that they are leaving. Siighh what will we do without these arrogant smaktards who think everyone who doest rocket whore like a bitch is a noob :cry: .
            hey don't be so hypocrit, you sad people who use AT are skills less people so, you did the bitching first.
            AT stats I'm sorry mebe I should use the roket on everything that moves like you guys but personally I prefer guns and the AT kit doesnt have any good ones. If I wanna kill vehicles I use C4.
            ohh sorry by using my brains to think people can be killed by a rocket and not only armor

Comment

Originally posted by Harmor
              Clan are running many ranked servers...some clans run multiple ranked servers. I wonder how hard it will be to find a ranked server if there are no more clan sponsored servers?
              I for one am tired of ranked servers I've been moving to project reality because it has way less of theses clan "tactics" of vannilla. AT guys only get a pistol and less rockets so the class is doing what it is for shooting at vehicles instead of infantry.

Comment

....the AT kit doesnt have any good guns. If I wanna kill vehicles I use C4. I played AT for a couple of hours back when the game first came out decided it was a lame cheap ass kit and switched to medic, sniper, and whatever else needs playing.
                Well, you must not of unlocked the P90, because it is an awesome Gun. The rest of your post just makes me laugh. IMO, a "lame cheap ass kit" would be a kit that makes Killing/Points relatively easy, the AT Kit is not that. However, the 2 kits you would prefer to play ie Medic/Sniper rank high on the "lame cheap ass kit" list IMO. Go away.....

T

Comment

No I'm talking about watching videos of clann play and seeing everyone run arround with AT armed.
                  If you where smart you wold know why:

because the worst thing can happend is that is being raped by a armor and you will deffenly loose the match then.

and seeing every one as AT is not correct

Comment

hey don't be so hypocrit, you sad people who use AT are skills less people so, you did the bitching first.

ohh sorry by using my brains to think people can be killed by a rocket and not only armor
                    Ohh I'm sorry for my feeling that it is a bitch ass tactic that only four year olds use, just because it works doesnt mean it takes any skill. I prefer to do things that take a little bit of practice.

If you where smart you wold know why:

because the worst thing can happend is that is being raped by a armor and you will deffenly loose the match then.

and seeing every one as AT is not correct
                    I figured out why soon enough and removing armor doesnt bother me the fact that it is used as the main method for infantry fighting is what bothers me. After seeing some clan play videos my interest in doing any clan play myself disapeared.

how about 50%

To be fair to you guys I did get the impression that this high level of rocketeering comes from the fact that in the average 16 player map the ratio of armor to infantry is quite high. In most maps and armored vehicle for every 3 infantry.

Comment

Ohh I'm sorry for my feeling that it is a bitch ass tactic that only four year olds use, just because it works doesnt mean it takes any skill. I prefer to do things that take a little bit of practice.
                      lol? why are you complaing about the AT kit? It's the hardes kit in the game to kill infantry with. You must be really bad to be getting killed by them :/

I never see masses of AT guys killing inf, only tanks. I thought you were supoosed to use AT against tanks? Or is that classed as lame now in the 1.3 era?

Comment

Originally posted by JoeMango
                        lol? why are you complaing about the AT kit? It's the hardes kit in the game to kill infantry with. You must be really bad to be getting killed by them :/

I never see masses of AT guys killing inf, only tanks. I thought you were supoosed to use AT against tanks? Or is that classed as lame now in the 1.3 era?
                        I dont get killed by them... but i dont consider it hard to kill infantry with it if you use the rocket instead of the sub machine gun.

Are you talking about clan play or pubs. Because pubs dont have much trouble with AT whores. At is for killing tanks but what people actually do is up to them if they want to run around in alleys and blast infantry in the face I think it is a lame unskilled tactic but it is perfectly possible and totally effective.

Comment

A lot of people keep saying that if there were not clans there would be no ranked servers. This is true, but clans and gaming groups, which pay for the majority of the ranked servers, etc, are not into competitive play such as ladders, etc. If ladders, etc, went away, there would still be plenty of ranked servers, plenty of community sites, etc.

Comment

If your clan can't adapt to changes imposed by regular patches then you shouldn't be playing at the professional level. I really could care less because I don't follow the professional scene in any game but these guys definately don't deserve to be making money while they play.

Code7 should go play with the whiney little CS kiddies where they belong since they whine about every damn change to the gameplay just like them.

Comment

Originally posted by Tobacco
                              Well, you must not of unlocked the P90, because it is an awesome Gun. The rest of your post just makes me laugh. IMO, a "lame cheap ass kit" would be a kit that makes Killing/Points relatively easy, the AT Kit is not that. However, the 2 kits you would prefer to play ie Medic/Sniper rank high on the "lame cheap ass kit" list IMO. Go away.....

T
                              The p90 is a **** gun atleast the DAO 12 is proeficcient at close range. You bring up a reasonable point in that every kit could be considered cheap in some aspect, I play medic because I like helping my team. People dislike snipers because they dont think of them as having value to a team, I disagree because I think a good sniper has alot of value with his ability to put up an infantry wall (not claymores just not letting anyone pass) also highly important to a team is a nipers ability to remove people from turrets). The only thing cheap about snipers are these god damn indistructable claymores which I hate. Besides that it takes more skill to snipe than anything else I would say.

Comment

Originally posted by {OSS} MiRAGE
                                Code7, a premiere Battlefield 2 clan, and current World Tournament champions, have finally called it quits for 8v8 matches, citing EA's failed ability to listen to the community:

"Playing on a high level requires vast amounts of time, and if the developer constantly attempts to destroy all that is appreciated, all motivation is quenched. This has happened to such a degree that it is no longer possible to keep playing at the level the clan has set out to play at."
                                http://www.gametv.fi/codeseven/

Arguably Battlefield 2's top professional team's departure is proof of the growing void between EA/DICE and a majority of the community
                                8v8, top teams, end of competition? Give me a break, huge army leagues like bf2combat are still going strong and we actually play the game the way it was meant. None of this 8v8/3v3 crap. If you ask me, the kind of people that usually complain like this tend to be winey teenagers who noone will miss anyway.

Comment

Working...
                                X