Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Men of God ....why bother to pretend..

those that live in glass houses shouldnt throw stones.

few subjects are as polarizing and hotly debated as religion, and I believe that only through healthy debate can we come to understand or begin to accept each other and each other's beliefs/morals/values.

For example, several posters here have taken the time to provide thoughtful and well worded responses to the op's rant over cursing - and in the process enlightened me to thier point of view . Others have gone out of their way to flame and/or judge other posters for saying what they think or feel. Without discussion and debate, without any exposure to anyone else's differing opinions we would be proverbally blind, wondering through this world thinking everyone acts/believes/feels just like we do - which is patently wrong.

every belief system has its roots in basic good: don't steal, dont hurt others, be nice, etc. its when individuals use subject matter to promote their own ideals or permutations of any system of belief that ring hollow to me.

Cheers to posters who make me (us) think, and down with the damn scientologists.

Comment

Oh, the clan I was in was called Team Resurection, we were supposed to pick a dead person who's you know badass ass kicker.

|ReS|Jesus Christ was born

I was playing in a server not 5 minutes when I got kicked for a
      "blasphemous name"

Comment

Originally posted by RavenRealms
        I also hate being kicked because of things i say.

If you don't swear or get angry, you're not human.

I love venting my rage when i get constantly spawnkilled by some newbie with a GP-30.
        I gotta back up and give a hefty LOL to the bolded text.
        :laugh:
        Um... it's a game. I have no idea how you relate copping fits while playing a game to being a human being.

Ya know what happens to a baseball player that starts ranting and swearing during a game? They get kicked out. You know what happens when someone comes to my house and starts acting like a tool? Yup, they get shown the door (if I'm in a good mood, I'll open it before putting them through it).

If you're finding you're often being kicked for what you say, mayhap you need to look at what you're saying. Swearing and getting mad frequently are signs of a poorly ajusted human.

Comment

Originally posted by 3rd ID Crow
          Well sense I happen to be a lame 37 year old father of 2 and a member of promise keepers with 650 hours playing, I have to finally chime in on MOG.

there server kicks you for typing WTF, wtf or whatever wtf.

So if you get killed by a falling F-22 and type WTF, your entire game is gone. If someone on your team TK's you over and over then you type 'wtf' then you get kicked.

I guess the whole entire hypocrisy is there is some clan pretending to blow people to kingdom come under the guise of jesus-hood and adult men and then they then decide morality in this game that throws bodies 60 feet into the air only to hook on the edge of some building upside down.

Jesus and Christ in a FPS sure, try SIM XXXXX or perhaps Grand Tourismo on PS 2/3.

Morality in a BF2 server then you need all Medics and a mod w/o guns and perhaps we all have foam padded knives.\

Seriosly SIM-farm ladder competition is where I see you going to....

Men of Girly-men; I like that better..and it fits !!

whatever, I am so warned...
          They added the F22? When TF did this happen? and FYI, They pay for the server so they can do whatever TF they want! If they want to kick you for breathing the same air as they do then they can. Get over it and join one of the other thousands of servers out there.

Comment

Jesux

Comment

The whole thrust is around, "we are christians but feel that highly violent FPS games are ok forms of entertainment for us......" Beyond that, expect highly chaotic amounts of admnistration on our servers which we pay for so have every legal right to smacktard on to our hearts content.

We all love it when we're kicking A$$ with a top score on a server for 10 or 20 minutes and the server crashes, this is the same thing. A constant guessing game of what will and won't get you kicked especially w/o any warning what-so-ever.

Perhaps if they repeatedly post;

We kick for just about everything you can possibly type so please refrain from chatting.

Praise god and pass the claymores please.

Comment

wow, yeah....

I guess ya, don't play there but cmon, that's pretty lame. but then again, i dont like christians. believe in our religion or you go to hell. well F U too buddy!

How about the fact that all that crap in the bible is umm, made up? ever think of that?

science FtW!

Comment

A constant guessing game of what will and won't get you kicked especially w/o any warning what-so-ever.

Perhaps if they repeatedly post;

We kick for just about everything you can possibly type so please refrain from chatting.
                  That's exactly where I am at the moment.

Having been kicked from servers for saying "assets" and "damn", I've reached the point where I don't type anything in chat.

You want silent, boring servers? Put in more rules, tons more, in addition to EA's rules for ranked servers.

We've now got servers with:
                  1) No saying anything bad about anyone else in the server.
                  2) No invading un-capturable bases by anyone on the other team.
                  3) No invading uncaps by anyone on the other team except Spec Ops.
                  4) No staying in the uncaps by anyone on the other team.
                  5) No staying in the uncaps by anyone other than Spec Ops.
                  6) No stealing vehicles from uncaps.
                  7) No stealing aircraft only from uncaps.
                  8) No stealing wheeled vehicles only.
                  9) No claymores on flags. No C4 on flags.
                  10) Claymores and mines TK.
                  11) Claymores and mines don't TK.
                  12) Friendly Fire On.
                  13) Friendly Fire Off.
                  14) Get kicked for saying anything that looks like swearing.
                  15) Get banned for dropping mines out the back of a Vodnik.
                  16) No TK punishing.
                  17) No TK punishing for accidental TKs only.
                  18) No Commanders flying.
                  19) No Commanders flying or using any other vehicles.
                  20) No Commanders in combat or anything other than commanding.
                  21) No kick votes.
                  22) No mutinies.
                  23) No racist language.
                  24) No racist behavior. (Whatever that means, as opposed to language).
                  25) No players names that might offend.
                  26) No clan names that might offend.
                  27) Get in a squad, and use VoIP, because we kick loners.
                  28) Get in a squad, and use our TS or Vent server, because we hate VoIP.
                  29) Contribute to our server (give us money) or we'll kick you.
                  30) Be respectful to our clan, or we'll ban you.
                  31) Be part of our clan, or we'll kick you to make room for those who are.
                  32) Obey anything any admin tells you to do, or we'll ban you.
                  33) Don't drop cars on the enemy.
                  34) Don't use artillery on un-capturable bases.
                  35) Don't attack un-caps in any way.
                  36) Don't drop vehicles in roads to block the enemy.
                  37) Don't drop vehicles on enemy assets.
                  38) No armor at the Hotel on Karkand.
                  39) No USMC armor at the Hotel on Karkand.
                  40) No armor in enemy un-caps.
                  41) No sitting outside flag-cap range on enemy flags with armor and shooting.
                  42) No sitting outside flag-cap range on enemy flags and shooting.
                  43) No complaining.
                  44) No name-calling.

And it goes on and on... those are just some of the rules I've encountered on random public ranked servers that have good pings to me, and that I can think of right now.

My bottom line = I want all servers to impose no more and no less rules than the what is in EA's official rules. Yes, some are open to interpretation, but with the current situation of every server having its own unique set of rules over and above what EA requires, nobody can be sure of anything... except getting kicked/banned eventually for stepping on some admin's toes, or making some clanner angry.

==

I remembered some more.

45) Don’t drop Vodniks on parked aircraft, but vehicles are OK.
                  46) Don’t drop Humvees on enemy vehicles, but assets are OK.
                  47) It’s OK to drop vehicles on snipers, but not on anyone else.
                  48) Don’t drop vehicles on the enemy commander.
                  49) Don’t drop vehicles on flags.
                  50) MEC can’t drop Vodniks at the hotel because of the exploit.
                  51) Drop vehicles wherever you like: you’re the commander!
                  52) Don’t spawn-camp: it’s lame and you’re a noob.
                  53) Spawn-camping encouraged: war is hell, and you’re a soldier.
                  54) If you’re not helping your team, you’ll be kicked.
                  55) Players with excessive scores will be kicked for suspected hacking.
                  56) Don’t drive vehicles to aircraft. (Unless you’re a clan pilot. Rules don’t always apply to clan members, and never to the best-scoring ones).
                  57) Don’t leave any vehicles where it would inconvenience a pilot. (You’ll be banned if you cause a clan pilot to crash on takeoff).
                  58) No attacking the carrier, but the other team’s uncap is fair game. (This applies to Dalian Plant only).
                  59) No flying unless you have VoIP, and you’re in the same squad as the other aircrew.
                  60) No flying unless you’re in the same TS server as the other pilots.
                  61) No flying unless you’re good, because we hate people learning while we could be earning our expert sniper badges in jet fighters.
                  62) No flying too much, even if you’re good, because other players are waiting their turn.
                  63) No flying if you are a commander, even if you just want to get dropped onto a building somewhere.
                  64) No appeals to any ban, because we “perma-ban” by CD hash.
                  65) Come to our website, and we’ll consider unbanning you.
                  66) Contribute to our server (give us more money), and we’ll unban you and even hold a reservation for you.
                  67) No flying anywhere near the carrier, even if you’re not attacking it.
                  68) We use the whole map, go anywhere.
                  69) Pistols and knives only. Naturally, it’s ranked.
                  70) Pistols, knives, and explosives only. Ranked as well.
                  71) Infantry only. (No vehicles of any type: ranked? Sure.)
                  72) Air maps only. (Pilots, stat-pad here!)
                  73) Daytime maps only. (Bad monitor? Stay competitive!)
                  74) Mainly night maps, some daytime. (We use 3rd-party proggies to juice the gamma).
                  75) Karkand only. Warlord Only. Ghost town only. (Do you suck at every map except one? We’ve got your server!)
                  76) High-Points server: we’re ranked even though we run the whole thing in direct violation of the ROE.
                  77) Christian Servers: if you disrespect Jesus, we ban you.

That’s enough. The stupidity of the ranked server system, in which any clown with enough money can buy himself and his buddies a place in which they can kick and ban players for any reason imaginable, while bending and twisting the ROE to reflect their current preferences, makes a mockery of the entire points/ranks competitive element of the game.

It guarantees an uneven playing field: your stats are only meaningful within the rules of the servers you play most frequently. This means that any person’s stats are worse than useless, they’re misleading, when you're comparing two players who frequent different servers. So the incentive for working on stats honestly, which is to be competitive with others, is destroyed by the fact that so few servers offer comparable competitive environments.

Fix it by having all servers adhere to the identical ROE, have all servers run at least all vanilla maps, and have all servers run maps that are the right size & ticket count for the number of players.

Comment

Well sense I happen to be a lame 37 year old father of 2 and a member of promise keepers with 650 hours playing, I have to finally chime in on MOG.
                    ok im 16 and im ready to pack BF2 in already. Your 37 you cant spell "sense" should be since and how you got someone to let you in-pregnate um twice is beyond me, 650 hours can i say computer geek any faster. i know you think im a cheeky shat but i wonna say thanks for making me realise i dont want to be 37 and still playing games, i want a life, your 37 its not to late mate.

Comment

Originally posted by BloodHound
                      ok im 16 and im ready to pack BF2 in already. Your 37 you cant spell "sense" should be since and how you got someone to let you in-pregnate um twice is beyond me, 650 hours can i say computer geek any faster. i know you think im a cheeky shat but i wonna say thanks for making me realise i dont want to be 37 and still playing games, i want a life, your 37 its not to late mate.

ownd!

(no other way to say it).

Comment

Originally posted by BloodHound
                        LMAO.

You got a problem with the way he spelled 'since' and you're using the words in-pregnate, wonna, um, and realise? I won't even bother correcting your use of the words 'your' and 'to'.

Stay in school kid.

Comment

Originally posted by Skwurl
                          LMAO.

You got a problem with the way he spelled 'since' and you're using the words in-pregnate, wonna, um, and realise? I won't even bother correcting your use of the words 'your' and 'to'.

Stay in school kid.

Your sig goes wonderfully with that post.

Comment

If you're going to call someone on their spelling, at least run your own post through a spellchecker. That way, you'll know how to spell the words "impregnate" and "wanna", and know the difference between "your" (possessive) and "you're" (contraction). You'll also learn proper capitalization and punctuation.

Comment

Originally posted by Zefram
                              I doubt this dicussion would be happening if there were islamic or buddhist servers. In this day and age, it seems like it's open season on the christians. I think it's two fold:

1) From the Christian worldview: Jesus did say that those who are not his own are children of satan. So Christians will get attacked. Opposition's expected. So lets say their rules about discouraging profane or unacceptable language was ridiculous... whatever their stance on it, it's going to be attacked by people. If they police too harshly, they're called extremists. If they don't police, they're called hyprocrites. If they even play BF2, they're called hypocrites. Christians can't really win in this society. They're always going to be attacked. Jesus was too and he said his followers would be too. So they deal with it.

2) Christians don't live lives that are above reproach. It lends itself to scrutiny. To all the Christians out there. You get bashed on not only because the world is against you, but because you DO NOT live out what you preach. If we had more Christians living in the Spirit.. lives that were sanctified and transformed by Christ... You'd be bashed less.

So to go on with my preaching, here's what most people miss about Christ and Christian life. Yes, Christ did preach about love, kindness, generosity, etc... but he also preached a stern message of who he is and why he came. You can't pick and choose what to believe. They go hand and hand. You can't say he was just a Buddha like, Dr. Phil, self improvement guru dispensing 12 easy steps. Because the guy claimed to be God! I mean HOLY COW (no offense Hindus), but he's either a nutcase or God. You choose.

Great post, and as a Christian myself, I think you hit the nail on the head. Reading Christian-bashing forum posts is something I subject myself to in even looking at these or any other internet forum... Its a spiritual attack that was predicted and It's fine... My faith isnt being shaken to its core because somebody has an athiestic view on a video game forum.

As for the last point you made re: nutcase or God, the version I always liked was that Christ was one of three things, a Liar (He lied about being God's son to gain some advantage or power), a Lunitic (He was just flippin crazy) or Lord (He was who He said He was)

I dont join Christian gaming organizations because of these kinds of issues... I dont think that playing a FPS game and being a devoted follower of Christ is a hypocritical act...I also play poker occasionally and when Im done writing this Im headed across the hotel lobby to the Bar to get a nice cold beer at the end of a long day of travel and meetings...

Every Christian isnt a hypocrit.

Every Christian is, however, a fallen, sinful human in need of a savior. I, speaking for myself, have had that revealed to me in a real, experiential way. I pray the same for everybody I come in contact with... you wouldnt know it though, because I dont hand out pamphlets and yell on the street corners about how all of you are going to Hell.... even if it is true.

haha.

See, we can be funny too.

Peace,

Consultant.

(Biblical spam lay below, A couple of my favorites to remember when confronted with "the world")

Proverbs 3:5-6
                              5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart
                              and lean not on your own understanding;

6 in all your ways acknowledge him,
                              and he will make your paths straight.

Colossians 2:8

8Don't let anyone lead you astray with empty philosophy and high-sounding nonsense that come from human thinking and from the evil powers of this world, and not from Christ.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir. MatDef
                                Your sig goes wonderfully with that post.

Why, thank you.

Comment

Working...
                                X