Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone played for a year and still can't attack using planes and helis or fly?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Anyone played for a year and still can't attack using planes and helis or fly?

Originally posted by Brindled
    yes... ramming... there is another topic just waiting to explode!

i usually apologize for ramming, unless i get flamed before i can even apologize. you have to remember one thing, most pilots dont want to ram. the vehicle gets way more kills if it stays in the air (duh).
    Holy crap! I thought I was the only one!:laugh:

I also apologize for every ramming kill.

Comment

Re: Anyone played for a year and still can't attack using planes and helis or fly?

I've been playing since August 05 and my aerial abilities are... dubious. I can generally avoid smashing into the ground, but I really struggle to kill anything. I've had the odd lucky air-to-air kill, and a few moderately successful bombing runs, but my biggest problem is spotting the targets. Tell me something... The jets, in bombing mode, highlight ground vehicles with the green squares - but do they distinguish between friendly and enemy? Is it only enemy vehicles that appear like that on the HUD? I've always been wary of blowing up my own tanks.

In attack choppers, I can fly nice steady, hover etc, line up the gunner for some good shots... but as soon as someone is rude enough to actually shoot back at us I'm in trouble... I can gun in an attack chopper, but as a pilot I'm hardly the greatest.

I have about 30 mins in jets, and a K/D ratio of around 0.6! And that's despite using my Cyborg Evo stick... The shame. It's just a matter of practice, I know, but it has to be said that the jets are usually being whored by other people (who are better able to make use of them too) so I seldom get a chance to. I can't be bothered to join an orderly queue for a plane (that's just begging to be bombed by the enemy jets), or to take part in the TK race to get the planes when they respawn. I'd rather leave the children to it and actually get on with something I'm semi-reasonable at: playing on the ground.

Comment

I've got something like 800 hours playing time and 45 minutes in a jet. I prefer the ground, the main thing that puts me off is having to fight for the jets or heli, can't be bothered with it.

Comment

To answer the original question.....here is some math:

Pepper + physics = lots of new multi-million dollar craters in the ground.

Comment

the problem with me is that i lag when flying (stupid laptop), but i'm an excellent gunner in both wehn it comes to the f15/su or heli gunner *sniff* wish i had a good computer

Comment

Dito here ... I can fly with both (say from london to paris with sunny skies), but when that beeper goes of, I'm totally losing it ... Guess I'm much to nervous to fly, to point out a route ... I'm always going for the shortest way from point a to the target, even when there's a building in between :cry:

Oh well, so I became an armor-whore

Comment

I've been playing since the game came out. In BF1942, I was a very good pilot (particularly on BoB). I rarely fly in BF2. I don't like it (maps are too small and jets move too fast for me to enjoy it). I never got into flying helos either for some reason. I seriously suck at flying in BF2. I regularly play with several friends. They are all better pilots. I'm a pretty decent gunner though. Ironically I was much better than any of them at flying in old BF1942. Man I miss my Spitfire!

Comment

omg. ok the only way you are going to be better at the game is study other people and see what they do. then use your stuff. or play single player and put the bots on hard.

Comment

I pretty much suck with a helicopter.. though I am getting better.. I kinda have to since I'm participating in a 2v2 helicopter TWL ladder.. and I'm the pilot :P

(We lost our first match 7-1 heh.. we were pumped when we got them once. If only my gunner was better with TVs...)

Comment

LoL I R T3H P1|_0t!

Comment

im not great with heli or plane but i can fly attak heli pretty good i must say

Comment

Working...
                        X