Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone played for a year and still can't attack using planes and helis or fly?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone played for a year and still can't attack using planes and helis or fly?

I've been playing since June last year and I still can't fly a plane or attack heli properly not to mention attack something. :cry:

But I can fly a transport heli though...........

Anyone else like that?

Re: Anyone played for a year and still can't attack using planes and helis or fly?

I am the same way. I can kill other pilots depending on the scenario, however I usually just get pwned.
    I also will not sit on the carrier at wake for an entire round waiting to get into the cobra or f35, if we have no flags. So I`ve had much less time in them.

Comment

Re: Anyone played for a year and still can't attack using planes and helis or fly?

Yea I absolutely suck at flying . I can fly the transport but not maneuver like the experts, going from point A to point B is all I can do. I can fly jets but when it comes to a dog fight i'm toast.

Comment

What are you using to control the planes/helis ? What sort of problems do you have when flying ?

Comment

Originally posted by gungho
          What are you using to control the planes/helis ? What sort of problems do you have when flying ?
          Hmm..... Basically for choppers is controls and using the rockets. Can't seem to hit anything.

For planes, I can NEVER successfully bomb anything. In dogfights, I am toast. And I find the planes in BF2 hard to control and the speed is inacccurate.

I play lots of flight sims from Janes and the rest like Microprose in my younger years. So I know the aircraft in BF2 are not accurately depicted in terms of speed and controls.

Comment

The speed and altitude is very unrealistic. I have pilots killing me over and over from about 100 feet.

Comment

if you've played jane's this really shouldnt be a problem, however the first time i flew a spitfire in bf42 i was like WTF. it was sooo unrealistic after flying in MS Combat Flight sim.
              have you tried using a joystick for jets? it's amazing the control you have after using a mouse to do so. with that said, i dont use a joystick anymore i just upped my flight settings as high as they can go and use a razer mouse only. i got tired of switching between joy and mouse in game. i really dont know what to tell ya though.

Comment

There's very rarely a good reason for me to be in a plane. I generally believe that if I'm flying, there's something badly wrong with my team.

I fly a perty mean attack chopper tho. I just have "flow" with those things.
                I can still whore a transport to good effect as long as I've got a squad with me that knows what they're doing.

Comment

For Helos, stick with the mouse - its the best controller for them. If your having problems killing with the rockets, you need to fire LOTS quickly when you have the target in your sights. Just hammer the fire button !

Bombing in jets used to be my weak side. I used to fly straight & level & try to guess when to release. Now I gain altitude & dive towards the target, You need to judge how far up the sights the target should be, then release the bombs. Try starting a server & just play by yourself, after you drop the bombs you should switch camera to see where they exactly hit the ground. If they are too short, or overshoot then adjust your release point.

Dogfights are pretty hard in jets. Approaching head-on is not really a good tactic, if they get on your tail then your dead. If I want to take out jets, I circle at a high altitude where they normally aren't watching & then just drop in behind them. Wait until they are in a level flight & just fire 2 missiles, if the pilots is not paying much attention they are unaware of you & you get an easy kill. Also, a good joystick (Cyborg Evo) really helped me shake off jets on my tail, I can pull some impressive evasive manouvers & survive the encounter.

Comment

I can fly a plane well and attack with missiles and cannon but cant bomb to save my life:laugh:

I can fly a heli but i cant attack at all with it:laugh:

Comment

I've been playing since release and while I can fly both, and sometimes even kill a few people with them, I'm like Wargimp. If I'm in a plane, then our team is in serious trouble.

Comment

i cant fly that well in game...and really dont want to.
                        planes and helos, tend to spoil my first person shooter expierence, to be honest. But thats why i play on the smaller map run, servers. Way more fun.

Comment

Yeah, been playing that long... I think, err, whenever it came out in the UK anyway

Never had a problem with coppers (used to rack up some good points on DC), kinda sucked at jets though, so I just played at ground pounding.

Recently, i.e. this weekend, I had the chance to fly [jets] a bit more and got a ribbon for it - yay, and although I wouldn't class myself a good pilot, I did pretty damn well Still not 100% on how to aim the bombs tho...

I usually don't bother to fly, as you can almost guarentee that 80% of your team, also wish to fly - so it's either a mad dash to the goods, or waiting around like a 5th wheel. I'd rather just get on with flag capping tbh.

Edit: Just looked at some of the other posts, though I'd add: I fly with k/b only, for both jets and helo.
                          I used to use the mouse for helo, but find it just as easy on k/b, so I'll stick with that, besides, the controls remind me of Operation Flashpoint, which I was more than happy with (after turning the mouse off with *).

Scort.

Comment

If I manage to get hold of a Chopper, or a jet our team is obviously being tanked good and proper. I can fly both of them without smashing into the ground (with my 3 whole minutes of flight experience in a jet) but killing anything is a total no no.

Comment

Me!!!!:hi:

i wish i had a joystick but i would still suck, i think im gonna stick with vehicles and infantry, lol

Comment

Working...
                              X