• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vehicle Drop

Is it a good idea?

Re: Vehicle Drop

Good idea, but implemented poorly.

I like the idea of ONLY being able to drop a vehicle at the request of a squad leader.

Comment

Originally posted by Talus

I like the idea of ONLY being able to drop a vehicle at the request of a squad leader.
      That sounds very reasonable. This forum needs a thumbs up icon.

Comment

I like the idea, but for a lot of people it would seem that it's going to take a while to settle in. I'm not too bothered whether the SL gets to call for it or not.

Comment

Yes great idea, im sure with the whole "Cartillery" thing going on EA/DICE will have too put paid to it by having it squad leader only.

Comment

LOL Sorry, not good at polls. I suppose there would be more "so-so" votes. I should have labeled it "good idea, needs changes".

I think it's a bad idea.

We know where vehicles spawn. We know about the time frame they spawn in. If we need a vehicle we work our way to them. Sometimes that means sneaking into an enemy camp and stealing it.

Having the ability to drop them anywhere just messes up things too much. We'll have .50's on rooftops. Squad leaders can just order a Vod "to go" and his whole squad gets instant, speedy transportation at a location where they normally would have to hoof-it.

Maybe the next version (2142) will have much larger maps and this is a test-bed for getting around on those maps? They must have some reason for putting in something like this. The community surely wasn't the driving force behind it.

Comment

The problem is...idiots take off in vehicles and dump them fully healthy so that they do not respawn!!!

Comment

Very bad idea.

Comment

The problem is...idiots take off in vehicles and dump them fully healthy so that they do not respawn!!!
                  Oh how true that is. If it's safe to do so - I'll toss a grenade into any boat I vacate, just to speed it's recycle rate.

Maybe thats what they should have done instead of vehicle drops. Make vehicles that have been moved decay at a MUCH faster rate.

Comment

Bingo!

Comment

...which is probably the reason this addition was made

Comment

Yep, exactly. Couldn't have said it any better myself.

Comment

I think it's a good feature.

A lot of people are over the "I have it so i must drop every possible time" phase and it has been useful to me under the right commander. For example I got unlucky with a hawk on Oman and got shot down, I swam back to shore near the U.S arty and the commander gave me a vehicle to use. Because I this I drove away from a tank and capped my team a flag.

Comment

I think its a good idea and a much needed one.

Not enough vehicals......too many idiots.

Comment

I have to say I don't like the vehicle drop. There are certianly advantages to this, but I have seen way too many silly things with jeep dropping. Commanders seem to be dropping jeeps every where as soon as they can. On top of parked hellicopters, on top of buildings, on runways and air craft carriers, on top of enemy tanks in action, you name it. One game on Karkland my commander insisted on dropping a jeep every where I went. I never asked for it but there they were. The other side figued this out and looked for falling jeeps to find us. I shake my head each time I hear "Vehicle drop in your area".

Comment

Working...
                              X