SAMS! This game needs them....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SAMS! This game needs them....

You think SAM sites don't give off a signature? And do you know what would happen to helos if there were SAMS in the game? hehe, can we say "poof?"

Comment

They should put Patriot missiles in for the USMC. Knowing how well DICE codes things, they'd be super accurate and not miss a thing =p

Comment

Originally posted by Someone who I forgot
        The problem with this is everyone would be using the stinger kit and then we'd have a flood of pilots complaining that their game has been ruined.
        Dedicated pilots make up a very small amount of the people on a given server, and in the community as a whole. So, if they are complaining that the game is suddenly "harder" then oh friggin' well.

I can understand if the stingers where outrageously accurate, but, they would have the same missile dynamics as S2A now. All it would call for is the pilot to be alert to the fact that he can be shot down by ANYONE. Much like every other vehicle in the game runs a risk of being destoryed by anyone.

Ideas like this sound great on paper but fail miserably in execution.
        Besides pilots complaining (which I doubt would actually happen, they would just adapt) I don't see how the concept would fail. Pilots would have to worry about mobile SAMS from every direction. They would also have to live with the fact that they cannot always strike when they want.

Nothing would happen to the power or dynamics of the Jet, or Missiles. There would just be more of them in the sky; thus a more tense situation for pilots.

{WP}Paas

Edit. I cannot belevie you guys let me ride that mistake into TWO days! Arrrgh!

Comment

Hey buddy, do you what kind of destruction a SAM can do to an aircraft as opposed to a stinger? A SAM missle is about the size of a Honda civic. Now if Dice just made it about as lethal as a stinger, which would be way innacurate, then whatever. But if they gave it it's actual lethality, there would be no pilots.

Comment

Yea, SAM is designed for things like bombers and fighters. Here is an actual (wink wink) conversation from an in-game BH pilot facing a SAM:
            Co-pilot: Hey, did you see that flash over there?
            Pilot: A SAM! OH SH---

Pilot died in the line of duty that day. I think Stingers would suffice.

Comment

Originally posted by bitvomit
              I've seen AA whores climb to the top of the list. In fact, I've seen clans that man every AA emplacement on the map that can keep the whole enemy air force grounded. You clearly do not know what you are talking about or just how effective the AA truly is. Online1-0, I don't give a rats ass about Tornadoes in Iraq; Iraq and Serbia have nothing to do with Wake Island 2007 and Dragon Valley. As has been stated many times this is a game and any similarities to real life are only superficial.
              What planet are you from? For every plane shot down by a stinger site I have seen ten stinger sites flattened by a bomb. Stinger sites are totally defenseless, and are permanently emplaced, the aircraft have flare dispensers which seem to always distract the stingers. If you are in a stinger site, an A/C can come at you from 360 degrees and even if you happen to be pointed at the A/C when it is coming to drop a bomb on your head, shooting stingers at it usually has little effect.

The fact that you might have seen some servers with a clan dominating the skies with their Stingers is of little consequence. First, it could have been that the other side didn't have organized teams, had a bunch of noob pilots, and things were totally unfair. Secondly, if it truly was a clan, they must have had their own aircraft flying as well to help them dominate the skies, you just didn't see them. It is very hard to believe that an organized clan wouldn't have a bunch of good pilots and would try to win the game by merely manning stinger sites. Stingers can only shoot down A/C, but A/C can shot down A/C AND provide CAS for the ground pounders. IMHO, you are full of BS.

The fact is AA weapons havent changed that much in the last twenty years. The current state of close air support, and the trend, is DROPPING SMART BOMBS!!! That is the way things are going to be in 2007. Yes, this is just a video game, but if you don't want any attempt at some tiny bit of realism, you should stick to Quake or Unreal Tournament 2004. If you don't care about how war is being fought in the real world within the last ten years, as you have made it clear you don't, you should be playing another game, your opinions here are of little use to anybody.

But don't worry, like I said previously Dice couldn't care less about realism. They want to satisfy the people who see themselves as Topgun jet jockeys too, so they won't change anything.

Comment

Working...
              X