Hypocracy of the solo AC pilot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hypocracy of the solo AC pilot

Ok solo attack chopper pilots, you can have cake or you can eat cake, not both.

1. You can fly solo and become an uber armor killing machine, but then you can not camplain about all the noob choppers since you never let anyone in your chopper. How would you know how many gunner are noob and how many are good if you just try to spin off anyone that comes close to the chopper before you give them a chance. Also, if you out of bounds TK every gunner that misses a TV missle shot, how is anyone going to get any better at it. By killing off every noob with out giving them a chance to practice, you are ensuring that there will be many many noob for the rest of your BF2 experience.

2. If you do try to help gunners, give them a chance before TKing them and don't spam "Get out!" everytime some one jumps in the chopper, then by all means complain away. One elite solo chopper pilot will never be as effective as two pilots with half the skill working together.

Flame on, bitches!!! :evil:

Re: Hypocracy of the solo AC pilot

any pilot who won't be a gunner isn't a good pilot.

Comment

Originally posted by troybob
      any pilot who won't be a gunner isn't a good pilot.
      Mmmm... Solo-pilot reasoning. I'm lovin it.

Comment

I prefer being the gunner. I'm not top-notch when flying a chopper, but I can wreak havic when I have an excellent pilot who can line up TV missle shots on tanks and put me around the sides of bases to take out all the little ants on the ground with guns :ar15:

Comment

Im sorry, I thought BF2 was a TEAM GAME

I remember watching this video of someone flying the AH solo and owning. I have to say it was very skillful but couldnt stop thinking that they were using name tag hacks to see the targets. Nobody is that good. period

But then people will do anything to stand above the rest, rather than just being above the rest

Comment

You know who is good at that BS?

00 EPOW

He is the worst team player I have come across in my many hours of playing this game. If you get the chopper or jet and he wants it, he will TK you w/ a sniper rifle or whatever he can get his hands on. Pathetic excuse for a player if you ask me. And to top it off, he's not even that good. Check out his stats, they're pathetic. Helo/Jet whore.

Comment

Originally posted by Phrag
              2. If you do try to help gunners, give them a chance before TKing them and don't spam "Get out!" everytime some one jumps in the chopper, then by all means complain away. One elite solo chopper pilot will never be as effective as two pilots with half the skill working together.
              Totally untrue. Some guys playing solo will TV-M any average pilot+gunner combination, most likely before they even see it.

I know it because I flew both as gunner and pilot with some guys, and couldn't kill them, but when I flew alone I did it - and I am not even that great as pilot.

Check this video:

Or watch "kojimab" playing online (he's ranked 2nd on helo) - sometimes he will solo it. Then, try to team up with somebody and kill him.

Comment

Mmmm... Solo-pilot reasoning. I'm lovin it.
                i don't get it...

my point was: "Even the greatest pilots must be gunners sometimes. Pilots who don't want gunners aren't pilots"

Comment

can anyone still remember BF:V before the patches? i wonder why they allowed the choppers to be stable with gunner only again...

i think this tactic is pretty lame, specially if there is ppl in your team wanting to be a gunner.

Comment

Kick/ban tkers for vehicles. No mercy.

It works.

Comment

Originally posted by Biff Exploder
                      can anyone still remember BF:V before the patches? i wonder why they allowed the choppers to be stable with gunner only again...
                      The chopper will not be stable if there is no pilot.

Comment

This is likely to all become moot when the patch comes out.

Apparently there's been a tweak added where choppers without pilots will be much more unstable than they are now. Solo pilots will have to have a lot more altitude when they switch seats, or they'll be sucking a lot of dirt.

Comment

Originally posted by Wargimp
                          This is likely to all become moot when the patch comes out.

Apparently there's been a tweak added where choppers without pilots will be much more unstable than they are now. Solo pilots will have to have a lot more altitude when they switch seats, or they'll be sucking a lot of dirt.
                          Exactly.

I don't know how DICE will implement the change, but odds are good that once a solo pilot switches to gunner position, the chopper will just fall from the sky... in which case you might get away with one 100-yard shot before having to retake control of your helo at average flying heights.

I see patch 1.3 as the end of my solo career: I'll either have to

1- rely solely on my hellfires (which I can use extremely well) or
                          2- play with my designated gunners/pilots at all times.

Otherwise, random pilots/gunners will be the same as it is now: a f*cking blood pressure increasing experience.

Comment

well it depends on the situation..

Example 1.
                            I was playing Dragon Valley and a guy jumps in my chopper, i'm like ok lets go. However after a few minutes i discover he's a complete noob and doesn't know 5hit bout gunning.(firing gun @ tank instead of TV-Misile, etc..) I make a squad, ask him to join and he does, as the game progresses i tell him the basics and stuff while we reload via VOIP. to my amazement, he was the best gunner i've had in a long time making almost imposible shots. He changed my mind about noob pilots and that they are probably good players but dont know the basics of the game yet. Bad luck interfiered tough, just as the round ended i got connection issues and i got disconected :cry: :cry: damn poorly coded bf2 that i still love...:cry: :cry: . i miss that gunner :cry: :cry:

Example 2.
                            Two days later i was playing Sharqui and some clan dude comes into my chopper, and i'm hoping he at least knows how to work the tv guided misile. after a few minutes he pi$$ed me off so bad, barely even gunning, just sitting there. I was like"ok, maybe he doesn't know how to". I try to do the same thing as in example 1 and teach the guy, but everytime i invited him into my squad he refused... and refused and refused. To my bad luck no1 else wanted to be gunner every time we crashed... so the 3rd time(since he was just leeching my kill-assists, (btw he always wanted to be gunner... so i couldn't make him pilot...)i jsut flew the the border of the map and make him get killed by the out of bounds map feature... (this has been the 2nd time i've done this b4)

I know that you probably think i'm being shelfish and stuff, and hurting other people's fun, however i would of never done that if he would of at least joined my squad instead of wanting to be lone-wolf. I HATE PLAYERS WHO ARE STUBBORN, THOSE WHO ARE NOT EVEN WILLING TO TRY.(btw i also tried typing telling him to join that i will teach,etc..but he stil didn't answer.. *sigh...) My main priorities as a helo pilo are tanks, than enemy choppers. i know you probably will flame and for something, so go ahead... take a shot...

Comment

Ok solo attack chopper pilots, you can have cake or you can eat cake, not both.

1. You can fly solo and become an uber armor killing machine, but then you can not camplain about all the noob choppers since you never let anyone in your chopper. How would you know how many gunner are noob and how many are good if you just try to spin off anyone that comes close to the chopper before you give them a chance. Also, if you out of bounds TK every gunner that misses a TV missle shot, how is anyone going to get any better at it. By killing off every noob with out giving them a chance to practice, you are ensuring that there will be many many noob for the rest of your BF2 experience.

1a. I always give gunners ONE chance to prove their worth, after which I either avoid the helo or dispose of them accordingly.
                              1b. I don't bring anyone out of bounds... I usually just get rid of them diplomatically.
                              1c. I can't speak for every soloers out there, but there are many ways for would-be gunners to learn the trade without ruining someone's ranked experience.

Flame on, bitches!!! :evil:

2a. I agree: try to teach them... but get rid of their as*es the moment they show an inability to follow your suggestions or refuse to cooperate.
                              2b. Bullsh*t. I routinely hand gunner/pilot teams their as*es so unless they're extremely good, my TV or hellfires will drop them faster than you can say "oh snap!"
                              My comments are in bold.

Comment

Working...
                              X