Purple Heart is good or bad?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Purple Heart is good or bad?

Maybe this was discussed already I dont know. Lets make a fast poll than...

Re: Purple Heart is good or bad?

It shows that your skill isnt very superior but I like the look of the medal :laugh: Heck, it's just another medal to add to the collection so whatever

Honestly, most people get them due to an off day and refusing to quit due to lack of other things to do... such as me who has no social life besides trolling these forums

Comment

I am proud of my purple hearts they were all earned defeating spawn campers...and purple is way cool

Comment

lol why is that?

Comment

It doesn't matter. Ground troops will get more than plane and tank whores. You can respawn 6 times in front of the same enemy tank, then get arti dropped on you the rest of the round. I've also gotten one as a glitch just by killing a Cobra while I was safe and alive inside a tank. Just play towards a team win and ignore stuff like that.

On the other hand, if your a points harvester, lone wolf, don't care about the team, then yes, a purple heart is bad. You just have to decide what type of person you are.

Originally posted by pYura
          Maybe this was discussed already I dont know. Lets make a fast poll than...

Comment

Originally posted by =IMO=THJones
            I am proud of my purple hearts they were all earned defeating spawn campers...and purple is way cool
            sidenote: you can earn that medal only once ...

Comment

I don't think the Purple Heart is a good representation of a person's skill. There are just some games I am completely out of it and can't do anything right for the life of me. I have yet to earn a Purple Heart, though.

Comment

Originally posted by SciFiMan
                It doesn't matter. Ground troops will get more than plane and tank whores. You can respawn 6 times in front of the same enemy tank, then get arti dropped on you the rest of the round. I've also gotten one as a glitch just by killing a Cobra while I was safe and alive inside a tank. Just play towards a team win and ignore stuff like that.

On the other hand, if your a points harvester, lone wolf, don't care about the team, then yes, a purple heart is bad. You just have to decide what type of person you are.
                so you got it from a glitch? now thatss interestingg...

Comment

People who have it say it is good. People who don't will say it is bad. I personally do NOT have it and hope I never wont!

Comment

BF2 is a game, so how can it be bad? I'd actually have to try to get the PH if I wanted one. :laugh:

Comment

Well....

I see it from 2 different perspectives.

1. 1:4 ratio is bad. 5:20 k/d minimum to 'earn' that medal. Unless you are clearly a victim of some sort of spawn attack, exploit, something along those lines, clearly you shouldn't get more than one purple heart in your BF2 career.

Even when people try to get their knife badge, you shouldn't pick up a purple heart. You have to play smart, instead of being a John Rambo like player which often causes immediate death as people panic when confronted.

2. I like it that when people are doing poorly 5:20, they continue to do their best and play on the server. We were all new at one point, some show it more than others, but in the end it's not that big of a deal. You win some, you lose some.

I respect players more that don't give up and do their best and earn a purple heart, rather than the players that can't hit jack squat and then get fusterated and leave the server.

Just my thoughts......

Comment

while playing wake, we never got to land, we were stuck on the carrier, and everytime i spawned either a j10, helo, or arty killed me. i had like 26 deaths..and 4 kills when the round ended...owned so much, and i didnt even get the purple heart.

-____-

Comment

all i know is that i got mine when i was going for my knife badges. i think that unless you r a really good player (or just lucky ), everyone who has a knife badge will also have the purple heart

Comment

It shows nothing of the sort regarding skills..... In my case, it shows that I got base-raped on karkand for 10 minutes by the USMC who refused to attempt to take the last MEC base and instead sat outside flag cap range in 3 hummerrs, 2 vodniks, an APC and a tank... Resulting KD ration for that round, 5 and 26 or something like that... I think my whole team got purple hearts.

Comment

i thought it was good :-S

Comment

Working...
                              X