Age Vs. Twitch ability.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Age Vs. Twitch ability.

I used to play UT (first got fme strung out on fps's). I prided myself on haveing some decent yet not godly reflexes. I did well. I was around 25 then.

Now I play BF2 and though I'm a good team player with an understanding of game mechanics and tactics, my twitch seems not to be what it was. I get taken out on the ground more than I'd like to admit.

I was curious what some fo you older gamers thought about reflexes vs. age.

Tell me your age. Tell me your accuracy rating. Or any other stats you think are a good representation of raw twitch ability. Tell me your thoughts.

I'm 33, my accuracy is between 16-17%. And on Friday night when I play the longest I drink close to a fifth of whiskey. I thought that might be important to mention :shakehead

Re: Age Vs. Twitch ability.

bf2 accuracy: 20%
    alcohol consumption per bf2 gaming session: 120 ounces (beer)

Comment

Originally posted by Phenomenomenon
      I'm 33, my accuracy is between 16-17%. And on Friday night when I play the longest I drink close to a fifth of whiskey. I thought that might be important to mention :shakehead

You might have a problem:laugh:

I find that I totally suck when I attempt to play BF2 when I'm drunk. I run around shooting at everything, killing team mates because its funny, and generally not really caring about what happens. The 5 bans I've received are all from drunk playing :laugh:. I'd say my "twitch" is at it's worst at that point .

Comment

Im 37 and yes vodka helps .. especially in public play

Accuracy 19.41%
        SPM 1.4903
        Suicides 625
        K/D Ratio 1.1581
        Kills
        Total & Streak 17,514 / 29
        Per Minute 0.533
        Per Round 7.850
        Deaths
        Total & Streak 15,123 / 15
        Per Minute 0.460
        Per Round 6.779

Although looking at those stats maybe it doesnt..., i call for a new class with a zimmerframe kit!!!

<added> hrm maybe not ,.., been drunk in charge of an SU-34 = ban for tk'ing

Comment

Accuarcy: 22%
          Alcohol Consumption during BF2: Friday Nights, generally between 8-12 beers

Comment

26 years old... 29% accuracy.

Comment

noo, its not anything to do with you, its the game doing it.
              you have people that know where you are, you have guns that arent accurate, you cant strafe and you have huge crosshairs or lame iron sights.

i used to play cs quite alot and never had a problem using 2 bullets to headshot a person the instant i saw them, nor was it hard to kill everyone by yourself without dieing for the whole game.
              i assume with you playing UT you were a instagib whore and got everyone first shot ? quite fun playing that

Comment

Nowadays UT makes my eyes bleed on 100% speed, think i will carry on with
                knittingandsmokingjacketfield2

Comment

Haha I just came back from a godly round 3 Supports were surrounding and base-raping on karkand left artillery place and I shot them all 3 that was fun still laughing should have taken a vid.

Indeed I also played CS (1.6) And I'm f'n happy that there isn't a AWP/AWM in BF2

Also I don't think being good in a game or bad.. Just has to do with your reflexes 'r something and I don't think I'm THAT bad or something i'm just 15..

Comment

Originally posted by zipp0r
                    noo, its not anything to do with you, its the game doing it.
                    you have people that know where you are, you have guns that arent accurate, you cant strafe and you have huge crosshairs or lame iron sights.

i used to play cs quite alot and never had a problem using 2 bullets to headshot a person the instant i saw them, nor was it hard to kill everyone by yourself without dieing for the whole game.
                    i assume with you playing UT you were a instagib whore and got everyone first shot ? quite fun playing that
                    Lol. I can't blame the game when we all play the same game, and there are those that rise to the top. ILLogic there.

Instagib? Nah. I hated that that was about all that people liked to play for some reason. I like the ability to use all the weapons. Why did they buy a game with all these cool weapons and they all just want to instagib?...

I guess it's like people that play bf2 and only want to play 24/7 karkand.

Originally posted by Thomas Magnum
                    You might have a problem:laugh:

I find that I totally suck when I attempt to play BF2 when I'm drunk. I run around shooting at everything, killing team mates because its funny, and generally not really caring about what happens. The 5 bans I've received are all from drunk playing :laugh:. I'd say my "twitch" is at it's worst at that point .

I find with the whole drinking thing, there is a certain point of drunkeness that is the "golden time". It is where you are drunk enough to be loose but not so much that your are sloppy. It is a time that you are confident and aggressive and follow your instincts without second guessing yourself. But soon that devolves into sloppy aiming and poor decisions as you get more and more ripped. However it's very fun regardless.

Comment

I find with the whole drinking thing, there is a certain point of drunkeness that is the "golden time". It is where you are drunk enough to be loose but not so much that your are sloppy. It is a time that you are confident and aggressive and follow your instincts without second guessing yourself. But soon that devolves into sloppy aiming and poor decisions as you get more and more ripped. However it's very fun regardless.

Oh yeah, I know exactly what you mean, that time when you're "on fire". Most of my drunk playing happens when I get home from the bar and finish all my drunk dials, I fire up BF2 until I feel like passing out. College is great .

And to keep with the theme of the post, I'm 21 and have 19% accuracy, mostly because I play support a lot.

Comment

I used to play UT (first got fme strung out on fps's). I prided myself on haveing some decent yet not godly reflexes. I did well. I was around 25 then.

Now I play BF2 and though I'm a good team player with an understanding of game mechanics and tactics, my twitch seems not to be what it was. I get taken out on the ground more than I'd like to admit.

I was curious what some fo you older gamers thought about reflexes vs. age.

Tell me your age. Tell me your accuracy rating. Or any other stats you think are a good representation of raw twitch ability. Tell me your thoughts.

Phenom,

The fact that you're still playing computer games will reap major nervous system rewards later. I don't know if you've heard it in the news at all or even seen the latest Nintendo DS commercials, but there is a major swing in adult "brain training" games, especially in Japan, that is designed to maintain cognitive and critical thinking skills in adults ages 30-70. If you were playing UT at age 25, then you were still probably maintaining superb hand-eye coordination than your non-gaming counterparts. I bet you could drive like a bat out of hell in traffic and still emerge unscathed because your eyes were darting around and assessing the situation, while your movements adjusted accordingly.

I'm 26, but I can't put down games. They keep me sharp. Sure, reading is still stimulating and nothing beats good sex, but neither involves the thrill of the hunt or clear-cut objectives. And I will attest to the rewards of playing under the influence (I'm glad cops don't troll our bedrooms because I'd have about 5 public indecency violations to go along with those tickets). I think playing while intoxicated, even if slightly, pays off by lowering your heart rate, which makes you less jittery (overcompensation of aiming corrections) and more accepting of getting killed. I get all riled up when I get owned while sober. When I'm tipsy, that's another story.

Comment

I have noticed on a Friday nights at about 2am kills are easy, there are lots of drunk people playing and it shows, I smoke "herbs" and I don't feel it really affects my playing ability, if anything I'm more relaxed and find it easier to kill.

BTW Age-21 Accuracy 24%

Comment

37 here....

BF2 stats:

Accuracy 21.99%
                            Kills
                            Total & Streak 18,856 / 61
                            Per Minute 0.643
                            Per Round 9.158
                            Deaths
                            Total & Streak 16,864 / 17
                            Per Minute 0.575
                            Per Round 8.190

At 37 I lean towards infantry only play, and do well at it. But I do know what you mean, and I do think age effects things over time. I also played UT99 as well....and yeah, what I could do on 110% Instagib CTF back then isn't what I can pull off now. Games like CS:S now remind me of those things, where I can't always get in that quick awp shot on someone.....

Comment

Is it the accuracy that bf2 states...because im sure its higher then what my stats says...well now it is

Comment

Working...
                              X