Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What does it mean yaw and pitch factors?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shawn Zipay
    replied
    You know? Maybe I was wrong. Maybe that really was a real person providing an answer and not a bot that was going to edit the post weeks later to include a link. Miracles do happen!

Leave a comment:

• Shawn Zipay
    replied
    Originally posted by signa View Post
    Finally we got an answer after 15 years.
    Until they edit their post to stealthily insert a link.

Leave a comment:

• signa
    replied
    Finally we got an answer after 15 years.

Leave a comment:

• Charles Peterson
    replied
    Ok, Yaw, pitch and roll are terms of aircraft, terms of rotation of the 3 axis. The axis of yaw is the axis running from up to down, yaw is the rotation of the airplane nose to the left or to the right. The axis of pitch is the axis running from wing to wing, pitch is the rotation of the airplane nose up and down. The axis of roll is the axis running from the nose of the airplane to the tail, roll is the rotation of the airplane moving one wing up or down and the other down or up. These axis are vertical, transverse and longitudinal.

Leave a comment:

• « R²» P§I
    Guest replied
    Re: What does it mean yaw and pitch factors?

Originally posted by Talus
    Yaw and pitch factors change sensitivity for the MOUSE only.

Those settings will NOT affect keyboard or joystick users.
    Are you sure? Cause with my JS it was slow on the sensitivity end. When i changed those settings it improved alot? On default it was like a flying tank in the air

Leave a comment:

• Hu.Z_of_PLA
    Guest replied

I fly with keyboard and mouse, but I have my pitch/yaw factor up to 25 (yes, you can edit it in the config file to 25). it helps against the joystick users.

Leave a comment:

• layziie
    Guest replied

Wow, am I the only one who uses the keyboard only for helos and planes? I've tried using the mouse it's not hard at all just different. Wondering about something, if i were to start flying with a mouse would it help to have a logitech mx518 1600 dpi mouse?(this mouse is better then mine right now)

Leave a comment:

• ELI
    Guest replied

Well I am using a KB and mouse for both planes and helis. Now granted I have looked at getting a stick but haven't because that's just something else for my kids to tear up. I just got a copy of a config file from one of the top players in the world. So I'm gonna see how he has it set up and see if that helps me cuz I have very little time in planes or Helis.

Leave a comment:

• Talus
    replied

..and the question is...what do you use? mouse, keyboard, or joystick?

Leave a comment:

• [2bit]Modmaven
    Guest replied

I use a joystick for planes and choppers both. I have my yaw and pitch for planes on 10. This helps immensly to make quick maneuvers. I left the chopper settings at default, because they are much easier to control that way.

Leave a comment:

• Talus
    replied

Well, I will change my statement then to what I am positive of:

-yaw and pitch factors do not affect joystick axes
    -yaw and pitch factors certainly affect mouse movement

When I've used keyboard (i.e. digital input) for yaw, I never noticed a difference with changing the factor, but my experience with the keyboard is limited.

Leave a comment:

• imported_Deliverance
    Guest replied

Originally posted by Talus

Are you sure? Because i fly helo's with a Joystick and use two buttons for the Yaw. The difference is noticable if i change the Yaw factor and is the same as if i press the A and D keys (speed of turning wise)

Leave a comment:

• signa
    replied

Here's a good example of it:

Leave a comment:

• Talus
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Grey Fox
    Guest replied

Originally posted by Crampas
    Sensitivity is for mice.
    Jaw and pitch settings adjust Joysticks + joypads (i'm not sure if they affect keyboard as well).
    Put both on 10 if you fly chopper / jet with a joystick.

If you use a mouse jaw/pitch factors will not change your movement.
    Are you sure about that, I tought it was the opposite, cause the joystick is all analog, hence the harder you pull or push teh harder you will pitch or yawn. I'm not saying you are wrong but could you explain a little bit better.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X