Will 1.3 bring official Widescreen Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Will 1.3 bring official Widescreen Support

Nothing that MATTERS is stretched..i.e., FPS view.

We all know that some GUI elements including mini-map and text are slightly stretched.

Comment

Originally posted by 22viPer22
      they wont add widescreen because it gives widescreen users an unfair advantage from what ive heard, because they have more peripheral vision
      LOL, I love that BS arguement. With that argument, they would have just made the game have low video quality so those with SLI 7900GTX boxes would have an unfair advantage to those with GeforceFX 5600's :rofl:

Comment

I don't see how GUI components would be stretched and not the rendered view. I think it probably is stretched buy you just can't tell because it's minor.

Comment

The rendered view is not stretched. The top and bottom is simply cut off.

Static bitmap elements like the GUI and such do get stretched.

Comment

Originally posted by Skwurl
            I don't see how GUI components would be stretched and not the rendered view. I think it probably is stretched buy you just can't tell because it's minor.
            I've played without the widescreen shortcut, and the rendered image is streched. I've played with the shortcut and the rendered image isn't streched, but only the HUD is. You would be able to tell if it were, trust me.

Comment

Originally posted by Wreck
              I've played without the widescreen shortcut, and the rendered image is streched. I've played with the shortcut and the rendered image isn't streched, but only the HUD is. You would be able to tell if it were, trust me.
              Hmm.

I wonder why only the HUD is ignored.

Oh well, as long as it works.

Comment

Working...
              X