Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will 1.3 bring official Widescreen Support

Has anyone read/heard?

Im holding off on buying a 20 inch Viewsonic Widescreen until Battlefield 2 officially supports it.

Would be a great addition to 1.3 if DICE/EA are reading this!

Re: Will 1.3 bring official Widescreen Support

You have to remember that 1.3 is a patch. It shouldn't be considered as a game upgrade. I wouldn't want them to bring forth widescreen support. Its just another way for them to screw up. I would rather see them spend their time fixing the game.

Comment

There has been absolutely no mention of widescreen support from the dev team at ANY point..let alone v1.3.

I certainly wouldn't even expect widescreen with BF2142.

I'm still waiting to make the switch to LCD too...and so far, BF2 not supporting widescreen has been the reason. I don't want to buy LCD unless I'm sure that I want to go widescreen.

Comment

Doesn't widescreen give an unfair advantage, because players with a widescreen can see farther left and right than players with traditional monitors. Well when you think of it, alot of things give players better advantages like keyboards and mice, but it is just skill that makes the difference.

Comment

Sorry about the stupid question, but i use this:

+szx 1920 +szy 1200 +widescreen 1

and i have NO distorted images (the image proportion is correct on my wide screen), the only "wrong" thing is the 2d graphics (eg: map). Now the question? What would be the difference to have a "native" wide support? I'm already using it (!?).

Comment

I need to make a list of all these other great titles out there that include Widescreen support. EA needs to pull their head out of their ass. Its not that big of a deal. All they need to do is add official support. They added in 1280x1024 later down the road in a patch. All they need to do is add in those resolutions and a field of view fix. They'd be making alot of people happy by doing this. Something that really needs to be considered here because there is an actual demand for it. EA/DICE, you claim you listen to the community, well listen to this FFS!

Comment

seriously.. I want to run my native 1680x1050 already!

Comment

Originally posted by ARCTiC
                Sorry about the stupid question, but i use this:

+szx 1920 +szy 1200 +widescreen 1

and i have NO distorted images (the image proportion is correct on my wide screen), the only "wrong" thing is the 2d graphics (eg: map). Now the question? What would be the difference to have a "native" wide support? I'm already using it (!?).
                This has been repeated a hundred times; when you use that command line the top and bottom of the image are cut off. I'd rather run 1600x1200 with black bars on the sides. For details see http://www.widescreengamingforum.com...pic.php?t=1030 .

Comment

i have a widescreen and I simply run BF2 in windowed mode. its the correct ratio and it fills up top to bottom, but theres a bit on the side it doesn't fill, but at least i can still see my system clock =)

Comment

Originally posted by troybob
                    i have a widescreen and I simply run BF2 in windowed mode. its the correct ratio and it fills up top to bottom, but theres a bit on the side it doesn't fill, but at least i can still see my system clock =)
                    I've noticed performance seems to be a lot worse for me in windowed mode so I only use it for debugging (since it usually shows error messages when it crashes). I'd rather let the video card handle showing the image in a black box (or with black bars). Not sure if all desktop cards give you that option though.

Comment

Originally posted by jdrou
                      This has been repeated a hundred times; when you use that command line the top and bottom of the image are cut off. I'd rather run 1600x1200 with black bars on the sides. For details see http://www.widescreengamingforum.com...pic.php?t=1030 .
                      Thanks for your reply, i read this forum from some time already but i never found the "tip", and im so lazy to compare the screenshots to find the difference.
                      Now it is all clear, i'm OK with that cut off (am i loosing some enemies? ) ...but i'm gonna ask for wide support too.

Comment

Originally posted by Talus
                        There has been absolutely no mention of widescreen support from the dev team at ANY point..let alone v1.3.

I certainly wouldn't even expect widescreen with BF2142.

I'm still waiting to make the switch to LCD too...and so far, BF2 not supporting widescreen has been the reason. I don't want to buy LCD unless I'm sure that I want to go widescreen.

I've got a standad 19" LCD...no widescreen but the LCD really looks badas*

Comment

Well I pulled the trigger and bought a Viewsonic 20 inch widescreen.

Read lots of great reviews on the LCD itself, hopefully BF2 doesn't look all too bad on it. Guess I'll have to deal with a stretched HUD until some kind of fix comes out. :hmm:

Comment

I hate having to force widescreen through the shortcut.. GIVE US IN GAME WIDESCREEN SUPPORT DAMMIT!

Comment

BF2 1.3 Changes

** Added official support for Widescreen monitors. **

If the above were true, that would be enough incentive to buy BF2142. :yay:

Comment

Working...
                              X