PhysX in battlefield

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: PhysX in battlefield

someone mentioned a while back that this card could be used to help make more destructible objects for instance cranes falling, building being demolished etc. Well if DICE implements this into BF2142 or BF3 than it would benifit the users with the Physx card, but what about people without it. I dont plan on ourchasing one because simply, my computer CANT handle it, it barely runs BF2 on low settings. So once everyone starts destroying everything ingame woudlnt someone like me get huge amounts of lag and FPS drop, sometimes making the game unplayabe for the majority of people who dont own a PhysX card?

Comment

Originally posted by SciFiMan
      Now think about the other games you play where anything goes physics can really give you freedom to solve problems, and create new problems for your teammates if you didn't think about consequences before hand. I promise you all, it will be a whole new gaming world 2 years from now! Don't judge it now from a couple snippets of game demo.
      Wow. Post of the Year. I just messed my panties.

Comment

Sorry, but nobody here knows yet. Most of the game developers probably don't even know yet. It's all new and we'll just have to wait and see how it all turns out as the months go by. But it's the Internet so there is an "expert" under every rock you turn over.

Originally posted by zuiquan1
        someone mentioned a while back that this card could be used to help make more destructible objects for instance cranes falling, building being demolished etc. Well if DICE implements this into BF2142 or BF3 than it would benifit the users with the Physx card, but what about people without it. I dont plan on ourchasing one because simply, my computer CANT handle it, it barely runs BF2 on low settings. So once everyone starts destroying everything ingame woudlnt someone like me get huge amounts of lag and FPS drop, sometimes making the game unplayabe for the majority of people who dont own a PhysX card?

Comment

Working...
        X