Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wish admins would practice what they preach!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Wish admins would practice what they preach!

Originally posted by MeNoPausE
    and thats pretty much what I said as well...

yeah me too........in about twenty other threads in this forum

Comment

Originally posted by AlphaCueUp
      i will now repeat a line from the ROE that i must have quoted here about 26262394659234659248756293487569234865293487625349 times....

this is not verbatim, so no quote...

admin may not limit the role of a player
      its ok to decide to use infantry only, as a change to mix things up a bit, as long as

A. its an unranked server
      B. if it is ranked, admin does not enforce any rule that limits your role as a player, meaning (s)he cannot kick for using a weapon, or vehicle, or capping a base

You would be correct.

If any player so wishes to have an infantry only game it must be on an UNranked server. Why? It follows the name of "stats padding"

No ones worried about you wrecking their fun on the one server for a few hours. Its the fact that your stats are added up and give you an advantage over other players. An advantage that takes place when the game isn't used in a way it was designed to.

Have fun playing on ranked servers and building up your stats. If you get bored and feel like doing an infantry only battle then join an unranked server for a few rounds. Its not that hard to do and it will save you from having your stats wiped.

Comment

Really people there points that mean nothing. Why would you care if someone has more virtual points than you? I like building up points, but do I care if someone has 1,000,000 more than me? Not really. Do I care if they stat pad? not really. Theres so many people bitching that play this game, I think not being able to jump and throw a grenade sucks. Whiny people ruined that, cause jumping and shooting wernt realistic enough. Funny how running over a friendly mine dosnt kill you now! dosnt seem to realistic .

Comment

Originally posted by topdogger

If any player so wishes to have an infantry only game it must be on an UNranked server. Why? It follows the name of "stats padding"
          AHEM....

So, like I said, sorry, it's padding.

Comment

Originally posted by Endless954
            AHEM....

So, like I said, sorry, it's padding.
            If everyone on the server decides to knife fight or only ise pistols, that is not violating the rules. An admin can even say, 'lets all knife fight' and if everyone does it's not a problem.

The part where it breaks the rules is if somebody comes into the fray with a tank and kills everyone, and then admin kicks/bans them for it. (unless he kills his own team of course.)

Comment

Originally posted by Widkidone
              Last night i was on a server called Xtreme Threat or something like that. And the Admins calls out infantry only. So then he gets upset becuase he could not handle getting his a@@ handed to him. Next thing, i see the admin in a tank shootin' and killin' anything that is in his way. Then i went and climbed into a tank and i tank him out. Next thing......BANNED!!! I get banned!

LMFAO! I was on that server with you that night. What a liar, whine-a$$, you are dude! Are you 12 yrs. old? Sorry, I have to ask!
              You may want to tell the truth why you got banned dip$hit!!! You started a kick vote against the admin for what I have no idea. I play there all the time, and there admins are awesome. They atleast keep the idiots like you out for one. And they do not treat people unfairly. I have played on there server for months. I like all the clan members I have met so far and get along with most everyone who plays there.

A little bit different style of play than your norm, but its a great change from the 64 player servers where everyone is TKing you for the next tank, chopper, apc or what have you.

So next time you want to make up some cry baby crap about something you YOURSELF did, then you better make sure someone wasn't with you on the server at the time....LOL what a loser! For them to actually ban you, you must have been causing more crap than what I seen besides the vote you started to kick the people who pay for the place you were playing at....DOH! That takes some brains buddy, got to hand it to you there my friend :laugh:

I also will say these guys do not stat pad. Matter of fact I have seen several players banned for stat padding on that server.

I highly doubt you were handing their admins a$$es to them. They are all fairly good players. I believe it to be the other way around dude, you were getting your a$$ handed to you so you started a kick vote. LMAO - then found out you were trying to kick the wrong guy :laugh:

Comment

Originally posted by Brutus
                If everyone on the server decides to knife fight or only ise pistols, that is not violating the rules. An admin can even say, 'lets all knife fight' and if everyone does it's not a problem.

The part where it breaks the rules is if somebody comes into the fray with a tank and kills everyone, and then admin kicks/bans them for it. (unless he kills his own team of course.)
                Yes...it....is....for.....the....last....time.

Notice the title under the person I quoted that you replied to, it say "BFROE Admin", meaning if they say it's padding, it's padding.

Comment

I got into a server the other night that DIDN'T say it was knife/pistol or infantry only. I spawned as engie at Karkand Hotel, and threw out a bunch of AT mines. Someone rolled up in a tank and got blasted by my mines.

"Kicked for using explosives"

Sadly, it was the one time FRAPS wasn't running...

Comment

Notice the title under the person I quoted that you replied to, it say "BFROE Admin", meaning if they say it's padding, it's padding.
                    Would you get over yourself...and don't you say to someone that they are "stat-padding" when they do not, you jerk. "I" am not stat-padding by playing in a 16-man server running a 64-player map per ROE...FURTHERMORE "I" am not stat-padding by simply following the request of the current admin to fight as infantry only. In fact, I had a blast laying down mines, DESTROYING those enemys that DID jump in the vehicles. So my suggestion to you is to watch the accusations you throw around here, buddy.

Comment

No...it....isn't.

An admin CAN'T force you to use a certain weapon, so if everyone decides to use knives or pistols there is nothing wrong with it.

The problems come when an admin FORCES people to use a certain weapon, and kicks/bans people that don't use that certain weapon.

Here is the rule:

§1.5 Server administrators may not explicitly or implicitly (by actions) enforce restrictions on vehicles or weapons that players can use while on your server (e.g. knives only, aircraft prohibited except for clan members, etc.)
                      § Infantry only Servers
                      § Kicking Players who use vehicles or aircraft
                      § Limiting certain vehicles or aircraft for non clan members
                      If everyone decides to use knives, pistols, AKs or whatever it would be improper for the admin to demand that another player use something else. As long as they are trying to complete objectives, they can do use whatever they want.

Edit: By 'whatever they want', as long as it follows the rules.

Comment

I find it hilarious that a BFROE admin comes in here, SPECIFICALLY says it IS padding, and yet y'all still insist it isn't...Indianscout himself just posted TODAY that random people agreeing to a knife round IS padding and you WILL risk being wiped for it.

What more proof that it IS padding do you want? An engraved marble desk plate from EA?

Y'all think what you want, when you get wiped for it, take it up with them, they warned you.

Comment

admins have this little thing thing called advantage.. plus the ability to BOOT!

Comment

You're all fuggin lame if you ask me. Who cares about the points? the top 10 players on the charts are nothing but padding whores so who really cares?

I think it would be pretty fun to do some infantry based gaming but why should I go log onto some unranked server that never has any people in it?

Seriously, quit being snitches and grow up a bit. BF2142 is gonna come out soon and EA/DICE are gonna ditch BF2 like last weeks dirty laundry. All your whining will be for nothing.

*note* I've never been on a "______ only" server or even had a chance to see an Admin try to mix it up for a round or 2, but if I did see that, I certainly wouldn't give a crap about my stats. Get a life guys. It's just a game.

Comment

Games these days aren't even about playing them for what they are aren't they? :/

Comment

Originally posted by triumph69420
                                Games these days aren't even about playing them for what they are aren't they? :/
                                Thank you, won't you?

PS - why is your avatar guy holding a Galil?

Comment

Working...
                                X