Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: We Want Pistols!!!!

Originally posted by d3sc3n7j
    So, what your saying is....that I can play as support and lay down 100 rounds, but since the weapons are not that accurate...I may not kill a guy...but 2 shots with a "High Powered" 9mil and he's dead??

well actually if you play support and shoot in bursts, well you need 3-4 bullets max to kill a guy at mid/far range... but if you shoot like a dumbass (not saying it for you but in general) and shoot half a clip ech stoke than yes a pistol WILL kill you all the time... support is not for close range... that's why we need better handguns.... classes as engeneers and antitank have no chance at mid/high range....

just my .02$

Comment

More choice is always great, it keeps things more interesting for the players aslong as there is thought behind any introductions. Balance before anything released is a must I guess, athough it doens't always turn out that way.

Comment

I want my Desert Eagle .50 cal pistol. Give it to snipers so they can be more offensive.

Comment

All Jack Bauer ever uses is a pistol, and I demand we get that model as an upgrade...

And HOLLER BACK to the Original Poster representing GLOBAL OPS! I was a first-round beta-tester for that game and it rocked the house.... too bad it was on a crappy engine...

Man, Now Im having flashbacks of my M16 with the Silencer, Laser Scope and 100 round drum magazine. THE HORROR!!!

Barking Dog Studios should re-make that game on a smoother engine, seriosly, the concept was TIGHT and the maps were somewhat good...

Comment

Originally posted by Immunity
            This is not Counterstrike. If you want Counterstrike, boot up STEAM, not Battlefield.

While I may not agree that someone should be able to take five or six shots to the upper torso from a 9mm and live, I would rather have that then a bunch of morons hopping around with pistols drawn popping off rounds (which is ALL this would "add" to the gameplay).

As it stands (and as applicable in real world combat situations) pistols are to be used only as a last line of defense after your primary weapon ammo has been spent. This is how it should remain.

Toesniping and pistol whipping are not the order of the day in Battlefield, thank you.
            Agreed, CS brought alot of whiners over to the BF series.

Comment

Madmax, since you sound like you are new, and not have been around long enough to have read all the interviews with the developers for the last year, let me clue you in.

The way the game is designed, there is only one moveable weapon per kit. DiCE has admitted this was an oversight. This means that AT will forever be locked into their AT, and will not be able to switch out the SRAW/Eynx for a Stinger. If the software was flexible, it would have happened a long time ago.

Also, like everyone before me has said, CS have made a name for themselves in BF for a reason. So, don't talk about your past. This is not Quake, this is not WoW, and this is not CounterSuck.

Thanks for the post though.

Comment

I miss the desert eagle: headsot: insta-kill

Comment

Originally posted by RocketChild
                  Madmax, since you sound like you are new, and not have been around long enough to have read all the interviews with the developers for the last year, let me clue you in.

The way the game is designed, there is only one moveable weapon per kit. DiCE has admitted this was an oversight. This means that AT will forever be locked into their AT, and will not be able to switch out the SRAW/Eynx for a Stinger. If the software was flexible, it would have happened a long time ago.

Also, like everyone before me has said, CS have made a name for themselves in BF for a reason. So, don't talk about your past. This is not Quake, this is not WoW, and this is not CounterSuck.

Thanks for the post though.

I'm not new to BF2... and i ain't complainig about the game... all i said is that pistols unlock would be a great addition the the game... instead of making crappy booster packs and all type opf different **** like that... I only remember the good of days old globalops and that the game play was more convinient than countercrap. great choice of firearms and no in your face rocket shooting.... that's it... I LOVE battlefield but i'd liek to see new blood in the core gameplay of the game...

Originally posted by Consultant01
                  All Jack Bauer ever uses is a pistol, and I demand we get that model as an upgrade...

And HOLLER BACK to the Original Poster representing GLOBAL OPS! I was a first-round beta-tester for that game and it rocked the house.... too bad it was on a crappy engine...

Man, Now Im having flashbacks of my M16 with the Silencer, Laser Scope and 100 round drum magazine. THE HORROR!!!

Barking Dog Studios should re-make that game on a smoother engine, seriosly, the concept was TIGHT and the maps were somewhat good...
                  Yeah! being from Quebec and Quebec City being the 1st map with the beta version well i've been addicted to this game... too bad the server hosting was poorly designed and killed the game.... :cry: :cry: :cry:

Comment

Originally posted by Immunity
                    While I may not agree that someone should be able to take five or six shots to the upper torso from a 9mm and live, I would rather have that then a bunch of morons hopping around with pistols drawn popping off rounds (which is ALL this would "add" to the gameplay).
                    Hmmm... I see your perspective. You're kinda' right in your motive wrong in your thinking. A person can very easily take 5 or 6 9mm Ball to the chest and remain combat effective; especially if they are wearing modern body armor (9mm ball won't even begin to puch through, even WITHOUT plates).

As it stands (and as applicable in real world combat situations) pistols are to be used only as a last line of defense after your primary weapon ammo has been spent. This is how it should remain.
                    As it stands in most modern Armies, frontline troops rarely see a pistol. Mostly NCO's, etc. etc. see pistol action, and some M249 Gunners in the US-Military. It's not a practicle weapon in a war of rifles and body armor. Common sense dictates that if you give a man a pistol, he will use it, instead of reloading his rifle and putting himself back into a reasonable gunfight.

Toesniping and pistol whipping are not the order of the day in Battlefield, thank you.
                    I agree.

{WP}Paas

Comment

CS did have its good points, not charging everyone for bringing out a few new guns/maps/skins is one of them. If a pistol upgrade was brought out I dare say it will not be free. Another booster pack anyone?

Comment

We do?

Comment

Ok I have to admit... I do.. not WE....

Originally posted by {WP}Paas

As it stands in most modern Armies, frontline troops rarely see a pistol.

{WP}Paas
                          Thanks to bring a very good opinion... but neither a soldier will carry a rocket launcher to shoot another soldier in the face in close combat.....

Comment

It was confirmed some time back that due to engine limitations, unlocks can not be offered to anything other than your primary weapon. There's simply no code to support full kit customization and because of the way the stats system is set up (which controls unlocks), it's no possible to add it.

It's also been said that there will be no more general unlocks offered due to system resource consumption. Every unlock requires more RAM use as the weapons have to be highloaded. This is part of the reason that the Demo runs more smoothly on low-end systems than the full game does.

However, the refined BF2142 engine may have surpassed these limits.

Comment

I think this has been mentioned in a previous thread (although I can't find it) that the battlefield engine won't support pistol upgrades. Something to do with the way it was coded. I'm not a programmer so I have no idea how it works. Hopefully someone can explain it better than I.

Comment

Originally posted by Rez_K'awil
                                I think this has been mentioned in a previous thread (although I can't find it) that the battlefield engine won't support pistol upgrades. Something to do with the way it was coded. I'm not a programmer so I have no idea how it works. Hopefully someone can explain it better than I.
                                Thansk for the answer guys! this says everything about this topic I think!

but still.... it's kinda weird a game as BF@ cant support what games used to do 6 years ago...

Comment

Working...
                                X