Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Fixing the J10: A realistic approach

Originally posted by Chris_Redfield
    Jesus Christ you two. Most pathetic statements Ive read. Yet again we march the realism tune. Would you give up already? In real world youre down with one bullet, not eat them up as if they were candies.
    I was gonna back up and say something about this still being a game and how dogfighting is still fun...
    I mean realisticly you wouldn't even be able to see your target before you lock him up and kill him. That wouldn't be much fun.

Still, I personally think BF2's reliance on missiles is a good aspect. You can still use cannons in a dogfight and it's still a nasty tactic to drop in on your traget's tail while in bombing mode and kill him with guns before he even knows you're there. That takes a lot of skill... and is prolly why I can rarely pull it off.

Comment

they should add an alternate fire button the the f35b that drops claymores, that will even things out.

Comment

Originally posted by Wargimp
        I was gonna back up and say something about this still being a game and how dogfighting is still fun...
        I mean realisticly you wouldn't even be able to see your target before you lock him up and kill him. That wouldn't be much fun.

Still, I personally think BF2's reliance on missiles is a good aspect. You can still use cannons in a dogfight and it's still a nasty tactic to drop in on your traget's tail while in bombing mode and kill him with guns before he even knows you're there. That takes a lot of skill... and is prolly why I can rarely pull it off.
        It isnt working in BF2 that good mate. If you want 100% kicking missiles, combine them with something that needs skill. How about lock on time of minimum 3-4 seconds? Hell, even 5. I played Warrock, which is ****, but they have this radar system, in order to get the missile to the jet, you first have to lock on to him by keeping him on your HUD, then release the missiles and keep the enemy on your HUD until the missiles hit. And thats one nasty hard stuff. And I love it. 1 second lock on time, what a joke, especially when the missiles hit like this.

This was ATA only though. I see the need for effective STA, no doubt, but its effective enough.

Comment

Originally posted by bigpappa
          they should add an alternate fire button the the f35b that drops claymores, that will even things out.
          hahahahaha

Comment

Originally posted by bigpappa
            Yup, and get that F35 to Karkand

Comment

Working...
            X