Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you think the jet balance will get fixed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Do you think the jet balance will get fixed?

Originally posted by deadman2312
    Metallica(i hate Metallica but i like you),

I understand your pain, you are one of the coolest, best skilled pilots i have seen ever in this game, but face it dude, they arent going to do anything about the issue. J-10, JSF, 2 different jets, 2 different sets of abilities. Sorry man...
    All most people are asking for is that either the J10 becomes as much of a missile magnet as the F35 or the F35 becomes as much as a missile reppellent as the J10, with the latter being more popular as it leads to more interesting dogfights. Also the J10 locks on quicker than any other plane. That's just one big fat ugly issue right there.

Comment

I honestly can't call the ball here. It seems like something that they would address consitering their track record, but it's getting perty late in the game.

I'm more interested in how to fix it than should it be fixed. I'd hate to see all the planes become carbon copies of eachother.

Some thoughts off the top of my head for J-10 tweaks to bring it inline with other fighters while not nerfing it's speed/manueverability:
      - Smaller missile payload
      - Less armour
      - Less reliable missiles (there's seperate code for the J-10's missiles, as I recall... but for some reason it's atributes are set to the same as those on the F-35)
      - longer flare cycle.

Pick 'n mix from that list and maybe something would work.
      Originally posted by PBAsydney
      Has DICE ever heard of aerodynamics? The fastest plane should be the one with the slowest turning radius, not the fastest..
      Not entirely true...
      A faster plane is likely to put out more thrust. With modern planes, that thrust can be vectored and helps it manuever.

Comment

i dont see the imbalance... so i geuss i dont really care

Comment

Originally posted by The_Misfit
          I'm not much of an aviator, but I have one suggestion I'd like to see implemented for the air-power war....

On maps like Oman, trying to get off the beach in a tank/apc, or even on the ground as an AT player fighting the infantry, I notice a disturbing trend. This doesn't happen all the time, but I do see it more and more... Their jets are bombing us to hell and back, while our jets are doing the exact same, to their ground targets. You see alot of bombing...just not sure how much actual air to air combat is going on.

What about the introduction of a 3rd class of jets. Maybe give them 1 or 0 bombs, but beef up their abilities in the air...a true 'fighter' class of sorts. With the plane fighting other planes primarily, the need for stingers to take it down wouldnt be as strong, but it'd require some teamwork, or just good pilots, to defend this from the air... Only a suggestion

Any pilot who spends his time on Oman constantly bombing the beach will soon be shouting 'wtf I didn't even hear the missle beep how did u do that?!'

so-called 'ground pounding' really isn't so easy as it gets you noticed very quickly by most decent pilots and they will be on your six in no time. Maybe the occasional trip down from 600 feet up to help my team in an armour battle, but as long as there are other jets around that's it.

Originally posted by ConscriptVirus
          i dont see the imbalance... so i geuss i dont really care
          Let's put it this way:

Guns, missles, and high maneauvreability vs. guns and lower maneauvreablity

Comment

Originally posted by Skwurl
            Logic?

I provided a good reason why they wouldn't change the code. You're reason is because you apparently can't hit the broad side of a barn. I have no problems downing the J10's.

Get behind them, wait for a tone and fire. The hit ratio is much higher than your proclaimed 83% failure rate.
            First off, you don't know the code is the same for sure. You don't know the code at all for that matter, unless you work for EA/Dice. I never said I couldn't take down a J10. I do it all the time. You're obviously not listening to what I'm saying. Wait for a tone and fire? I don't know what kind of hacks you're using, but the lock-on/fire to take down the J10 isn't as 'easy' as you say it is. The missiles are next to worthless. You're lucky if you fire all 6 and hit twice.

As for Metallica...I've been agreeing w/ you the whole time, dude. lol Just giving my input here and there.

Comment

Originally posted by metallicaguitrst
              Hopefully they fix this. If they don't I think i'm done with BF2. JSF vs J-10... what do you think?
              Im just wondering but if you don't like something they do to the jet then your done?, so then why don't you just use another vehicle like the chopper, or ground pound? I mean I really like flying jets and piloting the attack helis, but I don't do it all of the time, from the maps I play on the server I always play on its:

Wake Island = Chopper or Jet bassically all of the time
              Sharqi pen = chopper or Sniping most of the time other kits now and then
              Mashtuur City = Transport heli, transport, commanding, all kits and sometimes armor
              Karkand = usually disconnect for this one as I have gone off Karkand since its just the same old thing everytime I play it, armor raping up and down the sides of the alley, grenade spam into the alley and claymore heaven. But if I do play then armor, transport and most kits.

Comment

A true balanced scenario: J10 keeps its manuverability, but the missile hit rate agains JSF will be like the current hit rate of F35 vs. J10 (hardly ever hit), also, it will take longer for J10 to lock F35 due to the stealth.

JSF now gains a missile that hits very well (think the current J10 vs. F35, almost always hit)

Comment

Ok well first of all if they dont fix it, I'll just do the only thing I should do, fly only the best jets in the game constantly.....why be at a disadvantage all the time? I've already started this as I've already been playing the Typhoon against the Mig most of the time because guess what, missiles hit for some jets, for others they dont.

I think they will fix the issue(they better ) and I think it needs more involvement than just making all jets properties the exact same.

Now we talk about the F35 vs all other planes and no matter what other plane you are in, your missile with a clean lock will hit the F35 everytime. There is a couple ideas I have thought of but first lets look at some properties of why the F35 is hit more.

Many of these finds were from others but I'll list them.

-Air to Air missiles have 15 yaw and 15 pitch(maneuverability)

-Surface to Air missiles have 30 yaw and 30 pitch(this is why essex missiles do hit the J10 more than F35 does)

-It takes the J10(not sure about the other jets) 1 second to lock onto other jets

-It takes the F35 1.5 seconds to lock onto other jets(why DICE why )

-F35 has one of the biggest hitboxes of all aircraft, even bombers

-F35 has the worst turning of every aircraft except F15

Ok with that all said, I think the smartest way to balance the issue is:

1. Make it take 2 seconds to lock onto the F35 from other jets, which would give a feeling of "dummy" stealth where its harder and takes a little more time for other jets to lock on because of the lesser heat signal put out by the F35 compared to all the other jets. This would effectively give the F35 a fighting chance of breaking lock more frequently using acceleration and rolls.

2. Make it take only 1 second for the F35 to lock on to the other jets, which would help alleviate the disadvantage of maneuverability and would increase the ability to launch missiles earlier in a tight turn against the J10/Mig etc. which would in turn increase hit percentage.

3. Decrease the huge hitbox on the F35 to ~ of other jets

*4. Not sure about this but maybe, MAYBE increase Air to Air missiles to 30 yaw and 30 pitch like surface to air is.

I believe with these fixes F35 vs other fighters would be way more balanced. It would take twice as long for other jets to lock onto the F35 and take the F35 less time to lock onto them, hopefully balancing the maneuverability issue.

Comment

The F35 does need to be much more balanced, I totally hate it because of it's slow turning, just a question, does the afterburner last longer in the J10 because I seem to be able to use it longer.

Comment

Originally posted by AgentSmith16
                      The F35 does need to be much more balanced, I totally hate it because of it's slow turning, just a question, does the afterburner last longer in the J10 because I seem to be able to use it longer.
                      Yup...

Comment

The only advantage is with the JSF, is that the afterburners are better, and the roll rate. I can go up to like 850, just go full out afterburner, and go supersonic and be across the level in less than a second... but if a J-10 is on you, it doesn't matter, because you will be dead before you even have the opportunity. The JSF is manueverable if you use it right, but using it right, is going up high and take advantage of its powerful afterburners and roll rate... and that rarely involves a J-10, because they are always low.

Comment

I want it to be done, but most likely not...

Comment

Decrease F35 hitbox to that of other fighters(how is its hitbox bigger than all the bombers? WTF?) and decrease the time it takes to lock onto other jets and increase the time it takes other jets to lock onto it. Problem solved.

Comment

please dont change the aircraft, everytime DICE makes a change they screw it up. anyone remember the AA and claymore's 1.2 patch?

Comment

I've noticed a couple things about the F35
                                1; It RESPONDS quicker than the J-10, but lacks actual turning
                                2; It has better afterburners
                                3; When turning, turn at a 45 degree angle and use the rudders to turn faster like this `/
                                4; The missles miss
                                5; Ive seen some F35 pilots dodge missles by turning at the last minute without flares

Comment

Working...
                                X