Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Adavntages of a joystick over keyboard when flying??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Adavntages of a joystick over keyboard when flying??

Originally posted by dnomyar0
    what joystick should i get for about $30?
    Im thinking of the logitech extreme 3d pro, but i hear that it has calibration issues...
    i own it and have no issues what so ever

Comment

Originally posted by )-SiN-( Max666
      Am i the only one who flys just with a keyboard no mouse here :laugh:
      i fly with the wasd+arrow keys in a helo. better feeling than with a JS for me. for jets i use a Microsoft precision pro sidewinder. calibration sucks though. does anyone know what to do about it?

Comment

I've been flying with joysticks since MS FS 95 and I couldn't even imagine flying with mouse before BF2. While flying It's easy to tell whether someone is using joystick or not. In A2A combat I found mouse better because of it's unpredicrable and more aggressive behavior. Even though I can't hit anything with cannon while using mouse. On the other hand Air-To-Ground is way easier with joystick. At least for me. Cannon is easier to use and laying bombs with great precision is easy.

To be honest, I really cant hit ground targets with mouse, and I've never seen anyone to hit the way I hit with joystick. Don't know if it's even possible to.

I've tried helis, but I still need to concentrate very hard to not crash too often with mouse. Joystick for me is more than a natural choice. I can easily keep flying for hours killing killing and killing without a single mistake. IMO joystick it far better. It's safer, more accurate and generally more effective. The only reason I learnt to use mouse was solo flying (TV-guided). So now I (at least trying to) use both JS and mouse for heli.

Conclusion: Both work, JS has no great advantages over mouse but it's easier for beginner. If you're an experienced pilot with mouse you won't get much advantage out of joystick, except smoother and more stable behaviour and probably less crashes.

Comment

with a jet, the joystick gives you a LARGE advantage. in a helicopter there is not much of an advantage. I only use my joystick for my jets, but keyboard and mouse for the helos.

Comment

Working...
          X