Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Adavntages of a joystick over keyboard when flying??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Adavntages of a joystick over keyboard when flying??

Originally posted by xXgammaXx
    What are the advantages of flying with a joystick over flying with a keyboard and mouse??
    None.

If you're flying helos, keyboard and mouse is king.

Comment

joy stick takes some getting used to, but after a day or 2, it rocks. with keyboard and mouse, i couldnt fly at all in a jet..be up in the air, and down i go. joystick it works so great.

Comment

JS suck imo. I tried it a few times and it was harder and more annoying. Ill go with my mouse any day. Like it matters anyway cause im not that huge of an aircraft fan.

Comment

Never used a joystick or mouse. I fly everything with the keyboard. I think you got so much more control over your vehicle whatever it may be.
          I use W-A-S-D and the ARROW KEYS. SPACE is my primary fire and 0 the secondary. Works awesome for me

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Stalker-NSDQ
              Never used a joystick or mouse. I fly everything with the keyboard. I think you got so much more control over your vehicle whatever it may be.
              I use W-A-S-D and the ARROW KEYS. SPACE is my primary fire and 0 the secondary. Works awesome for me

Ive been doing that but im gunna try to find my Joystick installer dicks and try that.
              Got the OLDEST SCHOOL joystick but it has YAW so im happy.

Comment

A mouse+keyboard combo would be much better than a lousy joystick, because I have a lousy joystick. HAHA. It's so old, back from my Pentium 133 days, so no trottle, no twist, and the calibration has gone to hell. :hmm:

Comment

Originally posted by metallicaguitrst
                  I just have a logitech extreme 3d pro... $40.
                  amazon has it for $23 lol . i got it 3 weeks ago and love it

Comment

I finally took and slammed my Logitech Attack 3 into the wall. Its been fun 10 months but it finally managed to eat up my nerves. Calibration went out of the window so horribly, that even if I did get it right, as soon as I died in a jet, and took another, it got totally messed up again.

Calibration shifting from center to right center. F35B full roll AB speed to left in 6 seconds... thats fun in a dogfight.

Trying to keep the helo balanced by keeping the JS in an akward position, (with a VERY stiff spring) was hell.

Im probably going to try fixing it up and I have no doubts that it will work after that harsh impact, but Im buying a new one.

Now again, thinking back- flying a helo with a JS was a whole lot better than with a mouse or a KB. It was easy, simple, natural and effective. Only issue was that I didnt fly as "un-realistically" as with a mouse, but meh, I dont miss that.

RAH- I have one from P286 days, it needs to be oiled, has 2 keys and it feels so ****ty... BUT, it has these calibration selectors for adjustment in game, which is pretty damn good. I had nice days with it. But yeah, dont diss joysticks because youve got a very outdated one

Comment

Always flown helis with mouse+keyboard and am very good with all the manoevering etc but when i fly jets im ok but cant turn quick enough to shake off good pilots. mouse ends up off the mat and takes time to reposition back on. I have no probs flying the jets in facy can control them very well but thought i'd try JS so bought one but just havnt been able to set it up to any sort of comfortable flying. Turn when want to yaw then yaw when want to turn and it all ends up a big mess so i dont bother any more.

Comment

Cant imagnie ever flying any other way than a joystick.

Got an Saitek x52. Aside from the JS simply being superior to the mouse or keyboard the added control from the throttle is a big deal. Especially in the helo

Comment

Originally posted by whoosh
                          Cant imagnie ever flying any other way than a joystick.

Got an Saitek x52. Aside from the JS simply being superior to the mouse or keyboard the added control from the throttle is a big deal. Especially in the helo
                          I have been curious- does the throttle control X52 offers really usable? How much do you use it?

Comment

what joystick should i get for about $30?
                            Im thinking of the logitech extreme 3d pro, but i hear that it has calibration issues...

Comment

Am i the only one who flys just with a keyboard no mouse here :laugh:

Comment

Originally posted by Th3 Chr0nic
                                Thanks for your input.

Comment

Working...
                                X