Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Adavntages of a joystick over keyboard when flying??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adavntages of a joystick over keyboard when flying??

What are the advantages of flying with a joystick over flying with a keyboard and mouse??

Re: Adavntages of a joystick over keyboard when flying??

There is not ONE con for JS, except you have to get used to it if you are coming from mouse.

Comment

agreed. Once you know what you are doing, the JS is superior in every way.

Comment

Originally posted by xXgammaXx
        What are the advantages of flying with a joystick over flying with a keyboard and mouse??
        One definite pro with a twist handle JS is that you get smoother and selectable yaw. Thats one fact I could think of first.

Comment

Like I said, mouse has NOTHING over JS, except most people are comfortable with using the mouse. It only takes like 2-3 days to get used to though.

Comment

JS all the way. I cant use anything else. In flying choppers, there may be some discrepancies between JS and mouse. But JS is the BEST for planes.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir. Blades
              JS all the way. I cant use anything else. In flying choppers, there may be some discrepancies between JS and mouse. But JS is the BEST for planes.
              Nah JS is better than mouse for everything... heli and jets.

Comment

does it matter if u have a really cheap basic js. or do u guys use the ones that looks like real flgiht sticks. and if so are u able to use all the buttons on it?

Comment

I tried JS they are kind of ghey imo and I can't use them very well anyways due to a handicap with my hands and arms. So I say mouse is better then JS as for which one as the advantige I say JS cause I really believe people with a JS can turn better in a jet.

When flying a plane I have been in many dog fights against people with a JS they can turn greater then me and are able to out move me on certain turns.

Comment

I just have a logitech extreme 3d pro... $40.

Comment

I havea TopGun Thrustmaster. It has an actual throttle grip with 4 bottuns and 5 buttons on the actual stick. Plus it has the little cover over the missile button .

I like the joystick because of the turning, plus the throttle means I don't have to keep holding W the whole time. On the downside I find it harder to use the command rose, pllus the gunner in a heli/bomber doesn't use the joystick do so the position button goes from the aircraft setting to common controls.

Comment

Better throttle control and you can hold the same turn longer.

But, if your holding the same turn that long, your going to get your ass handed to you on a highly polished silver platter by a good pilot whether he is using a mouse or a joystick against you.

Comment

logitek makes a gamepad with a button for every function, i screwed with the controls till i hot spotted a layout that i dominate with

$30 vs like $150+ for a nice joystick setup that fits badly on your desk

Comment

I use my joy throttle for choppers, and WASD for roll/pitch, right and left to turn and power down when needed, for jets I use joy only, god bless Flight Sim :P

Comment

never used a joystick, dont plan to for the moment. as for people flying with the mouse, you must have a really steady and coordinate hand to do it. i use the keys. if i try mouse my plane will just start flying like its drunk.

Comment

Working...
                              X