Shadows, on or off?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Shadows, on or off?

Scoring a couple extra kills per round because I could see them with low shadows/lights is not worth it to me. I much prefer a more aesthetically pleasing gaming experience.

Comment

Originally posted by Phrag
      Has anyone that with low lighting/shadow effect noticed any difference when hit with a flashbang? I can usually still see some shadows or profiles after being flashbanged. Does this get better/worse with different setting or is it the same?
      I have shadows off, nearly everything set to low, 800x600, due to p.o.s. PC! :cry:

As far as flashbangs, before the 1.22 patch it would be basically a complete white-out, but last time I was flashbanged, (post 1.22), I could see a vague silhouette...maybe it's the decreased flash radius?

Comment

I started with a crappy GPU and since had a better one,l but by then I'm so used to having no shadows I keep them off and lighting on low. It annoyed me to have MEC guys hiding in shadows.

Comment

shadows are necessary for depth perception while doing a water rescue in a blackhawk.

Comment

It seems like we are talking about two different things here. Dynamic Shadows and Lighting Option

Dynamic Shadows only render for players or vehicles; the things that move. This has a dramatic performance penalty but is helpful.

The other shadows, the ones inside building and in dark corners is a result of the Lighting Option. A setting between medium and low has no performance difference but a low setting lets people see into dark areas as others have mentioned.

It can't be a cheat if it is built into the game and if everyone has the option to set the same options. But to me, running with these Lighting Options set to low or off (thus providing a clear view into an otherwise darkened area) seems cheap. But I digress...

Comment

I think Shadows should be aktivated. It saved my life many times when enemies are around the corner or helicopters are @ my 6

Comment

Originally posted by Shamus
                It seems like we are talking about two different things here. Dynamic Shadows and Lighting Option

Dynamic Shadows only render for players or vehicles; the things that move. This has a dramatic performance penalty but is helpful.

The other shadows, the ones inside building and in dark corners is a result of the Lighting Option. A setting between medium and low has no performance difference but a low setting lets people see into dark areas as others have mentioned.

It can't be a cheat if it is built into the game and if everyone has the option to set the same options. But to me, running with these Lighting Options set to low or off (thus providing a clear view into an otherwise darkened area) seems cheap. But I digress...
                Hmmm, so it seems that we could have the best of both worlds by leaving dymanic shadows on but turn the lighting down. I'll have to play around with that.

Comment

Working...
                X