Shadows, on or off?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shadows, on or off?

I was reading the thread about video cards and saw that many people seem to play BF2 with the shadows turned off. They say this helps because you can spot the enemy easier. While I agree that this is true, I play with shadows on because I like the realistic look and because I can use the shadows of players and vehicles to spot them around corners or on top of buildings, before they can see me.

Do you run shadows on or off and why?

Re: Shadows, on or off?

Shadows on low, light on low. It is easier to spot anyone in corners or darker areas. But i like the shadows for the same reason, nice to see. Also shadows can help locate enemy.

Comment

Off, for the following reason:

PC: x700, 1gb ocz platinum ram, amd 64 3000.

Can handle bf2 very smoothly at 1280x1024 with no shadows - performance AND gaming benefit

or 1024x768 with shadows. Everything looks much more atmospheric but I really can't stand the low resolution

Comment

I use shadows alot to see enemies come around corners. It's nice to get a jump on them.

Comment

its lighting that makes it hard for ppl to see others

and i cant even turn it on unless i go through video.con

Comment

It seems easier to see the soldiers on the ground from the air with the shadows ON.

Comment

Awesome. It seems like there is a pretty even divide between people who use shadows and those who don't. Keep it going.

Comment

I have my shadows on low, turning them off looks too unrealistic

Comment

i keep them off, mainly for performance reasons but i think its easier to see enemys when playing on lower settings.

Comment

Shadows on so you can see people through walls.... muhuhahahaaaa

Comment

I only have an ATI 9800 Pro card.
                      It's MUCH smoother with dynamic shadows turned off.
                      And as the shadows look ugly as hell on my computer, I don't miss them anyway

Comment

On, so you can see people coming through door way's.

Comment

Hmmm, seems like I should have made another option in the poll since alot of people that keep shadows off do so because of hardware restrictions and not preference. Oh well...

Comment

I got lighting, dynamic lighting, dynamic shadows on high.
                            below you can read why :-) monster system, and i like some realism.

Comment

I keep my dynamic shadows and light on low, with my lighting on medium. Mostly just for visual preference and performance.

Comment

Working...
                              X