Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I was so stupid!

Originally posted by BF2Freak
    Sniper rifles in BF2 is like some thing not come to good use if you see what I mean. I hold this view since I started playing BF 1942. vBF2 has many maps open to tanks, APCs, bombers, choppers...etc and you can't find a high place to hide yourself to do the job well. So I rarely play Sniper.

I would tend to believe that the function of a sniper is to provide more accurate reconnaisance data to teams fighting at the front line. But according tot he information, each unlock sniper rifle has very high damage value possible indicates that 1 shot quite likely results in 1 kill; provided the target is not moving. is it possible to shoot someone at that range who is movig by the way? I doubt.

What compensates my disappointment is that apparently after the Unlock of Assault FN2000, I have better armor, can someone confirm this?
    Body armor does not change with the unlocks, it may just be a case of you finding a gun with specs that suits your playstyle. The FN2000 has a fairly low deviation penalty for moving while firing, are you a strafer by nature?

Comment

No, you should have the same armour as assault with the F2000 as you do as assault with any other gun. Perhaps you appear to have more, but it's perception rather than an actual tangible increase. Maybe the F2000 rocks more than you realise... Lol

Just to clarify the unlocks: in SF you can use all your vanilla BF2 unlocks or the standard guns for your particular army, but not any SF (tier two) unlocks; in vanilla BF2, you can use tier one or tier two unlocks. That's what I meant when I said that the F2000 being the standard assault gun of the SAS was pretty irrelevant.

Comment

Originally posted by Gav
        No, you should have the same armour as assault with the F2000 as you do as assault with any other gun. Perhaps you appear to have more, but it's perception rather than an actual tangible increase. Maybe the F2000 rocks more than you realise... Lol

Just to clarify the unlocks: in SF you can use all your vanilla BF2 unlocks or the standard guns for your particular army, but not any SF (tier two) unlocks; in vanilla BF2, you can use tier one or tier two unlocks. That's what I meant when I said that the F2000 being the standard assault gun of the SAS was pretty irrelevant.
        I have used FN2000 before. I just didn't have that many other weapons to compared to. It is indeed very accurate firing while moving slowly sideway.

About the unlock, you have confused me. I am given PKM wherever I go, SAS, USMC, PLA, MEC, Insurgent...etc. But I don't get FN2000 except I am playing SAS and USMC. Are you trying to say that had I unlocked FN2000 in my last unlock rather than this unlock, I would have FN2000 to use for all armies for vBF2, SF and EF?

Comment

Originally posted by ThompsonTommy
          The worst gun eh? I would say thats the MEC Starter Support gun that thing sucks big time.

Or maybe the USMC Starter Anti-Tank thing, that MP5 (thing) (Not the Launcher)
          the RPK owns... it has almost the same stats as the MG36.
          as for the MP5, yes it <colourfull language>

Comment

The STG44/MP44 was the larger assault rifle version.

The one you're thinking of is the MP40.

And also....the Mp7 looks nothing like the MP40...in fact the MP7 is pretty accurate in its descrption.

In RL BH crews(amongst other helos) are issued this weapon, its small but accurate(for its size), and it also had decent stopping power. Overall its an okay piece, but I can't vouch for how it shoots in game.

....but you have to realize, that this SMG is the only decent ranged defense that the Engy can pickup.

Comment

Well I am departing on 24 April and don't know when I will return otherwise I will be playing Assault all the way til I get theGunnery Sergeant. I will unlock the JackHammer and the MG36 next time.
              I don't want to put you off, but I will tell you my honest opinion of the jackhammer. I got it for my first unlock but I still can't get it to feel natural, maybe it's because I'm more of an assualt rifle guy. Nevertheless, the range on it is terrible and even at close range I've been killed by a spec-ops faster. I'd just recommend to you to keep it for a little later

Comment

the FN2000 is ok, just don't use the sight at short or medium range. Like these guys have said it is a good weapon to use when moving. (just dont use the crappy sight) long range is ok to use sight but very short burst. keep using the weapon they all take time to get use to. IMO some are useless, but we all have our feelings about the weapons. Keep trying, if after that you don't like move on to something else until your next unlock.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Misfit
                  The Chinese default AT gun = the worst. Hell, look at it, my Daisy BB Guns inspired more fear than that thing.

But caring about an unlocks use in either EF or SF is crazy. They center around your being able to use them in Vanilla BF2. I love my F2000, its a beast on maps like Sharqi Peninsula.
                  I LIKE the standard chinese AT gun for use on Wake island

It is reasonably accurate, has a large ammo capacity, & has much better range than the DAO

peace

Comment

i like the fn2000, use it when i need to do close quarter stuff

Comment

Originally posted by Gav
                      The "unlock" bit about it only means you can use it in vanilla BF2. In which case, the fact that it's the standard Brit assault gun doesn't matter. And the real bonus of the F2000 is not only do you get the gun in vBF2, but you also get to bring flashbangs to vBF2 if you take the F2000 out to play. Unlocking that weapon is the only way to get flashbangs in vanilla BF2. That makes it worth the unlock alone
                      Gav,

Thank you for your advice. I took the unlock into vBF2's Sharqi Peninsula just now. You are 100% correct, no matter which side I played, the other side was scared off like h-e-l-l!:laugh: They actually panic when they caught by my Flashbang. The Hotel area? There is a small aprtment which has a staircase leading to the roof top? I was playing the MEC and more than 6 US marines were gathering there defending their flag. I was along, approaching from their south, threw a flashbag at stretchest strength, turned myself 180 degree around and headed down to avoid the flash. Then press 3 to switch back to the gun. I can run in without much worry and less stress now, they were all turning and walking around; definitely a sign that they were not out of the flash yet, GZ! more than 4 targets in front of my sight just a few meters away. I took the shot and killed 1 with 3 bursts. The other immediately fired back and that's it.

At the Construction Site, I used it again and killed 1 US marines in close quarter. FN-2000 is good, I never noticed it before when I was playing SF. And players just not expecting the FlashBang that's all. It's all very exciting.

Comment

The F2000 is ok. It could be very helpfull if you are playing USMC and don't want to have the silly 3shot burst mode of the M16.
                        I dont like the G3: it's always out of ammo. I think the F2000 is nearly as cool as the AK-47..

BTW iam not playin the assault class so much.

Comment

The F200 Kit is one of the worst but the default AT gun is worse. For mec that is.

Comment

AK>FN2000 in BF2 imo.
                            I hate the FN - love the FBs tho'

Comment

THe flashbangs are crap aswell

Comment

Working...
                              X