Single shot mode drives me nuts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Single shot mode drives me nuts

It seems when playing certain kits like the AT kit when I hit 4 to switch to missile, then hit 3 to switch back to gun I end up in single fire mode. If I had the gun and hit 3 I would expect it to toggle between auto and single but not when switching weapons. What's really weird is that never happens when I play medic or spec ops and switch to med kit or c4 or even grenades. It always seems to happen with AT.

It really sucks to have the missile loaded, see enemy approaching, hit 3 to switch only to get off one shot at a time. By the time I hit 3 again I'm usually dead.

And while I'm at it, I'm also sick of 1) having to hit 9 twice to get the parachute to open, and 2) sometimes even that doesn't work and I end up face planting the ground.

Re: Single shot mode drives me nuts

Well really its only your own actions that make you do these things. We cant really blame anything on the game. You should get more familiar with the way everything is, I would try getting into the habit of using the scroll wheel.
    Oh and um the parachute doesnt open after pressing 9 twice, it opens once you have gained enough speed. Really everything here is from your own action so please dont hate on the game.

Comment

Originally posted by NoToRiOuSmInUtE
      Well really its only your own actions that make you do these things. We cant really blame anything on the game. You should get more familiar with the way everything is, I would try getting into the habit of using the scroll wheel.
      Oh and um the parachute doesnt open after pressing 9 twice, it opens once you have gained enough speed. Really everything here is from your own action so please dont hate on the game.
      The scroll wheel is terrible and much slower compared to the number keys. Never ever suggest that terrible solution again. This glitch bugs me too and it needs to be resolved.

Comment

Originally posted by bitvomit
        The scroll wheel is terrible and much slower compared to the number keys. Never ever suggest that terrible solution again. This glitch bugs me too and it needs to be resolved.
        Yes, I have tried the scroll wheel. Very awkward for me. The F key only works in one direction. Anyway, thank you for the support. Like I said, it only seems to do it in the AT kit so it might be a bug.

I'll concede the point about the parachute. That does make sense, so thank you. It's just when you jump off a rather small ledge sometimes you go splat because it's far enough to kill you but apparently not far enough for the parachute to open.

Comment

bind your parachute to 'backspace' also, its much easier.
          "Crunch's First Officer"
          twitter: @signaprime

Comment

Originally posted by signa
            bind your parachute to 'backspace' also, its much easier.
            Naa, I bind mine to X. Easier to reach and I remember it cause it's my flare key

Comment

I tried binding it to the middle mouse button but I ended up scrolling in my rush to double click.

I'll try the X key.

Comment

Originally posted by motorboatJones
                I tried binding it to the middle mouse button but I ended up scrolling in my rush to double click.

I'll try the X key.

If you never use the scroll wheel and just the number keys to switch weapons like me, then you can bind your mouse wheel to something more useful. Not sure what that could be on BF2, but I have my mousewheel set to switch to HE and flash nades on CS:S. Middle mouse is for smokes. Very efficient for poor folk like me that have 3 button mice

Comment

I thought to activate the parachute, you have to jab '9' like you're playing 'Hungry Hungry Hippos'.

Comment

i always have to press 9 like hungry hungry hippos lol. unless i jump from a plane and im going a bajillion miles an hour. then it works, right? but not when u jump off the ledges in karkand.

That bug is with me too and it does seem to be only the AT kit.

Comment

Originally posted by PluckyX24
                      I thought to activate the parachute, you have to jab '9' like you're playing 'Hungry Hungry Hippos'.
                      Thats exactly what you have to do, all the way into the concrete
                      The parachute only seems to give me trouble in Special Forces. In vanilla, I can hop a 6 foot ledge and parachute, but in SF my chute wont even open hopping off those stupid 2 helicopter spawn buildings on the left side of the map :hmm:

Comment

^
                        It's because you're Canadian.

Comment

I usually dont use the Scroll wheels unless my desired weapon is only 1 slot away (AKA switching from Rifle to Grenades)

Usually I use this setup.

e= Knife (Great for quick stabs)
                          G=Grenade/AT (I'll usually use the scroll wheel to select these weapons, because I keep on hitting "F" which is prone for me.)
                          Scroll wheel click=Primary weapon.

Comment

The single shot bug seemes to happen to me quite random and not just on the AT kit. Sometimes when I pick up a rifle from the ground it's also in single shot mode despite the fact that the guy sprayed me with auto.

I have setup the mouse wheel to give me direct access to weapons. This is the way I have done it ever since I started with BF1942. Mouse wheel up for rifle, one more time for single shot, mouse wheel down for pistol. Works like a charm. Knife is in the mouse wheel button.

One other bug I have experienced lately is that after I land from a jump or fall I cant fire the weapon. I have to switch to pistol or something and then back to rifle. By that time I'm usually dead though.

Comment

Originally posted by motorboatJones
                              It seems when playing certain kits like the AT kit when I hit 4 to switch to missile, then hit 3 to switch back to gun I end up in single fire mode. If I had the gun and hit 3 I would expect it to toggle between auto and single but not when switching weapons. What's really weird is that never happens when I play medic or spec ops and switch to med kit or c4 or even grenades. It always seems to happen with AT.

It really sucks to have the missile loaded, see enemy approaching, hit 3 to switch only to get off one shot at a time. By the time I hit 3 again I'm usually dead.
                              Oh thank GOD! I thought I was the only one who had this problem! That's one reason I like the Type-85, because it doesn't have a single shot mode, but I've had that happen on several occasions with the PP-19. I don't know if it's always been there or if it's a new thing that was added with one of the most recent patches (I only recently started using the SMGs again as I used to use the DAO whenver I went AT), but it's freakin' annoying. Most of the times when I spawn as AT I'll get my rocket launcher out before I do anything else, usually because there's armour around if I'm respawning as AT, and sometimes I'll end up running into an infantryman before I see the armour, so when I switch back to the SMG and start to let him have it, I just get one piddly single bullet while the enemy drops me like a hot potato. I've yet to have it happen to assault when I switch from the t00b, or spec ops when I switch from C4, etc. like you mentioned, but AT seems to be bugged. I have the '3' key bound to one of my mouse thumb buttons and I know I'm not double-clicking or anything, it just seems to be bugged.

Glad I'm not the only one this is happening to. I just thought I was crazy and it was starting to wick me off!

~Wolfgang

Comment

Working...
                              X