Want Blood? Vote here!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Want Blood? Vote here!

I would like to see it imagine head shotting somone with a sniper rifle...

but..

the rating of the game would go up so there would be no 1337 pwnz0r 12 year olds to kill so i vote no

Comment

I say No, but also lean towards Don't care.

BF2 doesn't really need blood as it's a bit too fast paced to notice/care about it.

I guess if you feel it adds to realism, you shouldn't be playing BF2, plus it'll no doubt lag the netcode even more

Scort.

Comment

yes to blood.... its a war game, u cant be left wing when your the one killing people anyhow..... so dont try to make something, something else.... idiots

Comment

Originally posted by Revoluti0n
          I've seen enough gore to last a lifetime. Why the fascination with virtual entrails? Adding blodd to the game will change the rating from Teen to Mature. If they can't add simple 4th tier unlocks because of memory issues, then imagine on 64 player Karkand, the server trying to draw all the blood effects would grind to a halt. Each client side computer would easily require at least 4gb of RAM. No thanks, the game is fine the way it is.
          A little known fact:
          There's actually the prototype for blood effects already in place. That dust cloud thingy can be replaced with a blood splat that's already on your HD. I'm guessing that it was de-implemented close to last minute and the blood object wasn't pulled. It looks kinda bad, but less bad than the dustpuffs. The basic hit puff can be swapped 1 to 1 with no impact on RAM or anything else. Higher levels could be ajusted through detail settings if it was implemented.

I also think that changing the rating from teen to mature would be a boon to the comunity over all.

I don't expect to see it tho. As Demize pointed out, there's problems with certain countries and I'm guessing that EA doesn't want to do international version support.

Comment

I can think of several games that have blood in them and are still rated "T". The Tony Hawk series, for example. You crash on the skateboard and skin up your knees or fall on your head, blood flies out. Perhaps it can retain the "T" rating due to the fact that the rest of the game not dealing with violent subject matter.

Comment

I voted no, only because the option I'd prefer wasn't offered.

Ability to toggle blood on or off.

(BTW Tony Hawk American Wasteland has an option to turn blood effects off)

Comment

damn if they had blood, guts puke and poop flying everywhere i might have to dust off my bf2 box and reinstall the game

Comment

Originally posted by BIC
                  So many people complain already because the game is slow, adding stuff will just make things worst.

I say no, I don't need blood to have fun. I'm 38, but I don't really want 13 years old kids to play games with blood all over the place.

Fun <> blood
                  Yet the ability to shoot someone in the face is acceptable?

Comment

as long as it doesnt kill fps

Comment

Originally posted by hoOk~
                      yes to blood.... its a war game, u cant be left wing when your the one killing people anyhow..... so dont try to make something, something else.... idiots
                      Anti-blood in games is not a left wing thing.

Comment

Hell yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

If they add it means the age has to go up which means half the people here would not be allowed to play it or buy it so its not going to happen.

However I voted yes.
                          I voted yes, but basically what this guy said.

And its not that they won't be allowed to play, its that they won't be allowed to buy, either way, EA would NEVER do this, you just don't change ratings after a game has been released unless its like under 4 to E lol....

Personally if you are mature enough to watch people kill each other in a game, you can handle red pixels with it all too....

Comment

i like in UT, they had a mutator, it was on your machine, and could toggle it on or off totally seperate from the server....it was a bloodtrails one, where if you damage an enemy, he would leave a trail of blood behind him....it would go away after a few seconds....and would only be produced for a few seconds after being hit

that would be nice for bf2....like on karkand....chasing an enemy, just follow the red...

Comment

Originally posted by BIC
                              So many people complain already because the game is slow, adding stuff will just make things worst.

I say no, I don't need blood to have fun. I'm 38, but I don't really want 13 years old kids to play games with blood all over the place.

Fun <> blood
                              Nah, the 13 year olds play Counter-Strike: Source which has way more blood than most games.

The blood also shows if you actually hit the guy, it would stop the posts about "ZOMGAH!!! 1 5H0T H1/\/\ like 20 t1m3z! H3 h4x!11!!one!1".

Blood would be a plus for the game, but make it optional.

Comment

problem is the licence, they want a 16+ rating , not an 18+ rating .

I do think they should enter something like a parental code, when the code is entered, there is no blood, for younger players, and parents just have to take there responsibility here

Comment

Working...
                                X