• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What's your 3DMark score?

Originally posted by camperstrike View Post
    That is ridiculous.

I think I'm FSB bottlenecked.
    I wouldn't believe that. All the 8800gts's on overclock.net score between 9000 & 10000.

Comment

Oh, it says 9940 in the link.

Comment

Tried OC'ing my cpu more to 3.6Ghz. 11923 this time. Maybe OC gpu next time just to see how much more I can squeeze.

But I'll turn my cpu back down to stock clocks prolly... No need for OCing in BF2. Still first one in a server even @ stock clock and under clocking my ram to 800 (rated 1066).

Comment

3dmark06 - 12077

e6750 @ 3.4 - 1700/8x
          EvGa 680i a1 MoBo
          8800gtx @ 633/1030
          4g ( 2x2g ) GSKILL 800mhz

Im ideling hot though around 51c with a artic freezer 7 pro CPU cooler.. i just ordered some artic silver 5 from newegg and gonna try that next week. I feel i should be getting around 12800 - 13000 with an OD'ed GTX and a OC'ed e6750.. Ive seen ppl with a e6750 and a 8800gts get 12000 on 3dmark which makes me feel that i overpaid 250.00 more and got a GTX when a GTS is getting practicaly the same score.. WTF?!

Comment

Originally posted by mackaveli420 View Post
            3dmark06 - 12077

e6750 @ 3.4 - 1700/8x
            EvGa 680i a1 MoBo
            8800gtx @ 633/1030
            4g ( 2x2g ) GSKILL 800mhz

Im ideling hot though around 51c with a artic freezer 7 pro CPU cooler.. i just ordered some artic silver 5 from newegg and gonna try that next week. I feel i should be getting around 12800 - 13000 with an OD'ed GTX and a OC'ed e6750.. Ive seen ppl with a e6750 and a 8800gts get 12000 on 3dmark which makes me feel that i overpaid 250.00 more and got a GTX when a GTS is getting practicaly the same score.. WTF?!
            First off, Thats insanely hot... I'd stick to stock voltages until you get the paste and even then look at your voltage levels because something is very not right there. My E6600 idles @ 30-33 before and after gaming, @ 2.4 ghz and 3.4 ghz. When I did my benchie @ 3.6 ghz it was no different. I think while in game my cpu reached 48 and your saying your idling @ 51. Sounds more like a P4 to me..

As for the gpu, relax. They are the same thing except one has more onboard DDR3 which is appreciated with higher resolutions. Otherwise your comparing the same cards literally.

EDIT. I meant stock clocks... hahaha

As for your gpu, that is strange now that I think about it. Mine is 576/900 and your only getting a bit more than 100 over me...

Comment

yea the same cards + a lil more clock and more ram with a 250.00 price diff ( almost twice as expensive ,which is insane....i thought i did enough research but sadly i didnt it seems ) i actually feal cheated by EvGa by paying twice as much for a gtx >> when a gts gets within 800 3dmark06 points to the OC'ed GTX . its just not worth the extra $$ at all... i mean,, seriously.. NUMBERS DO NOT LIE...800 3dmark06 points DO NOT WARRANT PAYING $250.00 and thats all i get over my friends gts is 800 puny points....its just not worth it.. period....I can not wait to unload this overpriced gtx P.O.S. when the new series comes out.

im having some serious issues with temps as you can see. my room is hot but not that hot..my room stays around 80f.. I prefer 80f , thats just me..my wife keeps the AC @ 63f .. (BRRRR!!) but i keep this room around 80f. but that isnt hot enough to warrant my pc temps..Heres my temps right now with Slight CPU OC @ 1500 / 8x - and its only 2c higher than NO OC.. -->>>

(oh yea btw.. i have an acer 22in lcd at 1680x1050)

Ambient room temp - 78f

CPU TEMP AS SEEN MY SPEEDFAN - 46c
              CORE 0 - CORE 1 TEMPS AS SEEN BY SPEEDFAN - 32c
              8800GTX TEMP AS SEEN BY RIVATUNER - 67c

voltage ( settings ) -
              cpu core - 1.25000
              cpu fsb - 1.2

Those temps are what i see right now while im posting this.

dude, i seriously hope taking the freezer 7 pro off and cleaning the paste off and replacing it with artic silver 5 will reduce my cpu temps.. but truthfully i do not expect that much of a diff.. i have 4 80mm case fans also. i guess i wont know if i have a bad cpu intill i apply the silver 5.

Comment

Well if numbers are what you are looking for, try doing your bench marks on 05. That should prolly generate thousands of points towards your GTX vs your friends. The fact is, 06 is not point hungry and your score is very good. My first 06 score with this rig was around 11k.

The funny thing is the only difference between now and then is that I removed 2gb of ram and OC'd cpu +200mhz giving I think 400x9 @ 1600 FSB. Another interesting thing is that my voltages are much higher than yours. I know my FSB is shown @ 1.4 volts when I OC to 1500-1600 FSB.

Now about the temp readings, have you considered using another temp program? I know that your card comes with some nice NVIDIA controls and you've prolly seen them. Look at your temps through NVIDIA Monitor and see how they compare to speedfan's temps.

As for apply silver paste I hear it drops temps 5-10c. Your temps are also affected by your case design too. I use an antec 900, awesome cooling out of the box with air. Maybe you have a box case or something, I do not know but it may be one of the reasons your temps are higher vs other people.

Bytheway, If your friend uses a similiar resolution I would imagine that you could see the difference in performance with his card vs yours because the benchmark06 is at a low resolution level which really does not give your gtx much of an edge over your friends.

Comment

Originally posted by mackaveli420 View Post
                  yea the same cards + a lil more clock and more ram with a 250.00 price diff ( almost twice as expensive ,which is insane....i thought i did enough research but sadly i didnt it seems ) i actually feal cheated by EvGa by paying twice as much for a gtx >> when a gts gets within 800 3dmark06 points to the OC'ed GTX . its just not worth the extra $$ at all... i mean,, seriously.. NUMBERS DO NOT LIE...800 3dmark06 points DO NOT WARRANT PAYING $250.00 and thats all i get over my friends gts is 800 puny points....its just not worth it.. period....I can not wait to unload this overpriced gtx P.O.S. when the new series comes out.

im having some serious issues with temps as you can see. my room is hot but not that hot..my room stays around 80f.. I prefer 80f , thats just me..my wife keeps the AC @ 63f .. (BRRRR!!) but i keep this room around 80f. but that isnt hot enough to warrant my pc temps..Heres my temps right now with Slight CPU OC @ 1500 / 8x - and its only 2c higher than NO OC.. -->>>

(oh yea btw.. i have an acer 22in lcd at 1680x1050)

Ambient room temp - 78f

CPU TEMP AS SEEN MY SPEEDFAN - 46c
                  CORE 0 - CORE 1 TEMPS AS SEEN BY SPEEDFAN - 32c
                  8800GTX TEMP AS SEEN BY RIVATUNER - 67c

voltage ( settings ) -
                  cpu core - 1.25000
                  cpu fsb - 1.2

Those temps are what i see right now while im posting this.

dude, i seriously hope taking the freezer 7 pro off and cleaning the paste off and replacing it with artic silver 5 will reduce my cpu temps.. but truthfully i do not expect that much of a diff.. i have 4 80mm case fans also. i guess i wont know if i have a bad cpu intill i apply the silver 5.

The GTX is more powerful by MILES, stick the resolution to above 1600x1200, anti-aliasing to 16xQ, and watch it leave everything in the dust.

Comment

Originally posted by BlacK.FoX View Post
                    Yeah, actually I just had Sprint Mobile Broadband, which brought me down to 130-200 on most US servers, got rid of it though...it charged when I used it, like Cell Phone internet service...getting US Cable soon though :Rockon:

Just an off the wall post that I didnt see where else to put...

What do you think of this SFF PC? http://www.maingear.com/Boutique/pc/...?idproduct=411
                    Im getting a FX-62, 1 8800GTX, 2gb of ram, and a Lite-on DVDRW-+CDRW...<-- just realy basic stuff didnt want to go into spacifics. Its amazing Maingear can fit a 8800 into that case! Im going to get this pre-built after I sell my current "I dont have time to build a new one myself again."

Wait...System are you playing BF2 on satillite? Thats a 2ms response delay...wow. What kind of ping do u get on it?

get a conroe, not an AMD FX

Comment

can i quickly ask....what exactly is 3dMark?

Comment

mine was 13001 not bad considering its been on all day playing moha and downloading, if i turn off programmes and disc clean/defrag i might get near to 14k i think

nice aquamark03 score, mine wont run it on this pc as its 64bit os, i used to get 85k on my old xp2400@2gig w/ 768 pc2700 and a 6800gt agp card
                        Originally posted by IndianScout View Post
                        how's this for a 3dmark01 run with the GPU completely stock...

http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k1=9137192

:evil: :evil:

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Goldleader101 View Post
                            can i quickly ask....what exactly is 3dMark?
                            e-penis extension or in some cases, a transection for some people:laugh:

Comment

Lol, 12556

3DMark05...

Comment

points without the version you ran mean almost nothing lol.

Comment

Working...
                                X