How many people have 7800GT's ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many people have 7800GT's ?

Just wondering, because I see a suprisingly large number of signatures bosting about their SLI 7800GTX and such. I mean how many people really have this card?

with the steam hardware survey, it found only 0.35% of people have it. Sure it's source (less specs than bf2) but still that's a small amount. It seems like every second signature I look at has specs of 4000+ with 2 to 4 gigs of ram with a 7800 or two.

I thought my 6800GT, 3800, 1gig ram was high end untill I came to these forums :cry:

I refuse to believe very many people have better computers than me. Is it just that people with bad computers don't put it in their sigs or something?

I've read that the 7800 isn't much better then the 6800GT at lower resolutions.

Comment

7800GTX
      3.4 Pentuim 4
      1 gig 4200 ram.
      800 fsb
      All that in an Alienware Area 51.
      I want to get another gig of ram soon.
      The 7800 absolutely smokes the every other vid card currently available.

Comment

man u got a killer PC there , dont see why u need another gig of ram u can run BF2 on high with no lag. i wish i had like 700$ for one

Comment

Specs:
          AMD 64 3000+@2.6 GHz w/DD TDX water block
          DFI Lanparty NF4 SLI-DR
          2 GB Crucial PC3200
          Leadtek 7800 GTX flashed to 490/1300 w/Maze 4 water block
          20" Dell 2005FPW

Btw you guys can get a 7800 GT/7800 GTX for a good price now. In fact if you go to www.evga.com they have special where they are giving away a free nVidia nforce 4 SLI motherboard with the purchase of a 7800 GT or 7800 GTX.

Comment

Originally posted by ud!t
            Just wondering, because I see a suprisingly large number of signatures bosting about their SLI 7800GTX and such. I mean how many people really have this card?

with the steam hardware survey, it found only 0.35% of people have it. Sure it's source (less specs than bf2) but still that's a small amount. It seems like every second signature I look at has specs of 4000+ with 2 to 4 gigs of ram with a 7800 or two.

I thought my 6800GT, 3800, 1gig ram was high end untill I came to these forums :cry:

I refuse to believe very many people have better computers than me. Is it just that people with bad computers don't put it in their sigs or something?
            You know its so funny i was just thinking the same thing when i started to read your post .-. i see so many people talking about their super computers and see it in their sigs ect.. then you see who actually uploaded their system specs , and the numbers just dont match . + how many kids can afford 500 USD for JUST a graphics card .. i think most are boasting .. its a load of crap .
            here is my old system , but i love it !

AMD 2400+
            mixed memory 2x256 @ 266 ( Dual channel )
            ASUS ( ATI ) 9600 256DDR
            200GB Maxtor 8MB cache 7200 RPM
            160Western digital 8MB chache 7200RPM
            MSI Nforce 2 Delta ( Socket A )
            sony 4x DVD/CD RW
            SoundBlaster LIve ! 5.1 ( value )
            Chieftec 360watt
            Antec chassi ..
            5.1 creative p580
            more accessories but they dont influence the game . so i wont include them .LOL
            cheers

Comment

Originally posted by 5150 Joker
              Btw you guys can get a 7800 GT/7800 GTX for a good price now. In fact if you go to www.evga.com they have special where they are giving away a free nVidia nforce 4 SLI motherboard with the purchase of a 7800 GT or 7800 GTX.
              off-topic: oh this sucks, that sucks, im trying to save up for a good card and vid card, and i dont have enough for those, probably by the time i save up, there will be a new card out lol

Comment

i cant beleive you bought from a pc company... like alienware... OMG

You never buy from them, i thought every gamer knew that. a $3000 comp from dell i can build myself (getting parts from hardlynormals.com.au) for only $2000 (thats aussie dollars aswell). And my one is better becuase 1, i get to choose my case and the case is made for pc enthusiests, i got a better motherboard, alienware and dell and all them put in the cheapest motherboards they can find. I know what im paying for, becuase im building it, and i can also overclock my rig becuase i have good mobo. anyway, a lesson to everyone out there, never buy from any company like dell, acer, aleinware, any company that can advertise in magazines, on TV, or on websites is going to rip you off, its the same with broadband aswell, if you see a broabdand add on TV, stay away from that company. if you cant build your own comp, then atleast go to an online pc parts shop and get them to build it. Anyone in australia, go to hardlynormals.com.au, he has best parts/prices.

My comp is:

3.4GHz P4 (550) @ 4Ghz
                Asus P5AD2-Deluxe Mobo
                1GB Kingston Value DDR-2 ram
                Powercolor X850XT (OCed to 620mhz core, 640mhz mem)
                400GB of Harddrive (SATA WD)
                OCZ Modstream PSU - Peak of 620Watts of power
                XP-120 CPU collow with 120mm thermal take fan
                Dual-Layer Pioneer DVD burner (16x single/4x dual layer)
                Antec Sonata Case
                A bunch of leds and lights and all that for only $3022 from hardlynormals.com.au

you'd pay atleast $5000 for the same thing form dell and you'd get a shitter PSU and mobo....

I hope use get what im saying otherwise youll all be wasting alot of money...

also... with broadband, stay away from 24month contracts and 12month contracts, go wtih 6month contracts or no contracts. Makesure you look at all the features of each provider aswell, can you host your own server, what are the scess downlaod fees.etc

Comment

I have the 7800 GXT

Comment

7800 GTX is meant more for next generation games. I dont plan on buying it for a year. And you people shouldn't think about it either. The soul reason nVidia developed the 6800 in the first place was because of their relations with EPIC games, not DICE or EA. Their relations with EPIC Games which if you havent read is pushing a next generation game in 2007 released next summer. UT2007 is featuring UE3 the next generation graphic engine, which is a proccess whore.

Its graphics have any game out on todays market outmatched, and for that reason nVidia felt it neccessary to move into 16 and 24 pixel pipeline, Hardware shaders, so on and so forth.

In essence the next generation cards you see here are for and from the game Unreal Tournament 2007. Thats where the target of the performance of the cards are. They will absolutely be worthless untill the game is released.

Sorry to say but all of us that are playing BF2, CS, HL, Doom 3, didn't get such a nice card because they just made it for games. No, they built it for a specific game.

Believe it or not EPIC Games and NVidia are in a big relationship. NVidia was the one who sponsored EPICs Unreal Tournament 99, 2003, 2004, 1 Million dollars make a mod contest.

Ultimate winners got a lot of money.

Comment

7800gtx X2

Comment

Me to

Oh....and to Masskiller, you are so full of it. I went from a 6800 Ultra to a GTX, and BF2 performance is now where it needs to be. To say its a waste for games like BF2 is missinformation, and you obviously don't have a clue what your talking about. I think your trying to convince yourself...

Comment

Got a 7800 GT. Proof:

Comment

I have a 7800GTX, my sig is a liar.

I want one!

Comment

but see this is what I don't get, everyone here is going on about how they have a 7800 but hardware survey with like 450,000+ systems only 0.35% (1,840) have a 7800. Strange isn't it? are people here just hardware whores?

Comment

Working...
                              X