When RMA's go bad...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When RMA's go bad...

So, i bought a 8800gts 320mb last summer and it broke under warranty. If you look at my past post history, you'll see a lot of threads about crashing graphics cards. So, anyway, i RMA the card thinking, they'll sort this out and all will be good. Christ on rollerblades.... was i wrong?

Firstly, i admit, they were helpful in the fact that they still accepted my card for RMA despite the original retailer going into liquidation. The problems start when they run the tests and tell me there is nothing wrong with the card. No fault found, no problems, no nothing.... apart from the fact the card crashes whilst i'm playing. "Maybe it's a problem with your computer, sir". I buy a EVGA 8800GT SC and to this present day, no issues, zero, zilch. "Well, under extensive testing, no faults were found, sir."

Okay, so i'm a tad annoyed at this point. But, if they say "No problems", that's fine. I sell it on with XFX's double lifetime warranty. If the next user has issues, that's their problem. At this point, i'd like to point out all communication was done through the shockingly inept java based E-Mesage system on their site. I go to respond to them and ask for my card back. Oh, no, their site won't upload or send any messages. I can't respond to them via the e-message system. The ticket remains "idle". So, i go to select "LiveHelp" like i had done in the past. But, the link is dead, does nothing, maybe i've been banned from using it (i tried to use it twice last time and they disconnected me immediately and told me to use my ticket).

So, i can't communicate via their website? I wait a week to see whether the site sorts itself out, but alas, no. I'll ring them, "U.K. Tech support (60p/minute)"??? Sixty Pence perminute? I'm not that loaded. Anyway, i ring them and tell them the site won't work properly,

Me: "i can't respond to my RMA as your site won't send my messages"...

XFX: "ah, yes, the site does seem slow, sir"

Me: "Well, it's working at a perfect speed for me, it's just i can't send a message or update my RMA status. I have been waiting for a we...."

XFX: "Yes, i know sir, we'll look into it (brushes me off). Try again later or tomorrow. Goodbye sir."

That, conversation is apparently worth 60p? I'm not so sure myself.

So, now, i'm stuck waiting for XFX to fix a site they refuse to believe is actually broken. I can't respond or update my RMA or even give them my damn address to send me back my card. I'm not calling again to waste my money on a rude Northern man (I have no beef with Northerners. You're lovely people ).

My RMA started 07/06/2008 (7th June) and it is now 09/07/2008 (9th July). It has been over a month now.

If the site doesn't work tomorrow, this Government Consumer Direct letter is going their way with threats of the small claims court. Maybe they'll listen then?

:cussing: </rant>

P.S. I forgot to add i had to ring them to actually force them to answer my RMA... another 60p...

Re: When RMA's go bad...

I'ts really sad that support is getting worse everywhere...

Comment

Mmm thats why you buy EVGA.

Comment

Originally posted by Vash2051 View Post
        Mmm thats why you buy EVGA.
        That's why i bought EVGA

Comment

I hope the XFX out here in the US has better support

Comment

Welcome to businesses, they have your money, they don't give rats ***.

Comment

^ qfmft.

Comment

UPDATE:

This thread was originally from overclock.net, the first place where i posted it. An XFX member of staff actually signed up on the site to reply and help me out. Very impressed.

Comment

and then they locked the thread. heavy handed mods ftl.
                  "Crunch's First Officer"
                  twitter: @signaprime

Comment

Originally posted by signa View Post
                    and then they locked the thread. heavy handed mods ftl.
                    Um, no?

He locked it so people wouldn't start questioning the authenticity of the XFX man. He has proven himself to be legit by telling me the card i own, problem i have and the exact dialogue with the RMA department. So, he's good.

The mod said he'd re-open in when the issue is sorted so i can say what happened.

Comment

Comment

Sell it for a 4870 or something

Comment

Go to bjorn3d.com and complain there. For some reason XFX tech support is dead serious over there. It's kind of a reason that I sold my all-XFX rig, even though they do have better tech support in the US. I got two resistor plug to fix fan problem of 8800 GS for free.

Other thoughts: I saw the pic and know that it is an Alpha Dog version. Overclocked NVIDIA chip with overclocked Video RAM may have some broken image problem.

Comment

Originally posted by AvalancheDiode View Post
                            Go to bjorn3d.com and complain there. For some reason XFX tech support is dead serious over there. It's kind of a reason that I sold my all-XFX rig, even though they do have better tech support in the US. I got two resistor plug to fix fan problem of 8800 GS for free.

Already sorted it all out on www.overclock.net

Originally posted by AvalancheDiode View Post
                            Other thoughts: I saw the pic and know that it is an Alpha Dog version. Overclocked NVIDIA chip with overclocked Video RAM may have some broken image problem.
                            No, it's the stock version.

Comment

Freebies!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X