Newegg not letting me buy =(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newegg not letting me buy =(

So I got the money I need and extra on paypal but while I'm checking out on newegg wtih my goodies it stops using paypal and says:

We apologize that we are not able to authorize payment for your order now.

We encourage you to try again if you feel this message was prompted in error.

Newegg.ca offers a variety of different payment options, from credit/debit cards and checks, to gift certificates.

To opt for another payment method and proceed with checkout, click here.
    Now I waited like 6 hours to try again and emptied out my whole cart and still nothing.

Ne thoughts or ideas as to why this is happening? I'm going to ask tech support when they come on tomorrow for help too.

Re: Newegg not letting me buy =(

You could try to contact Paypal support. I know that NewEgg support is closed right now, and odds are, they'd send you over to Paypal anyways.

It doesn't have anything to do with international transactions?

Comment

Originally posted by RocketChild
      You could try to contact Paypal support. I know that NewEgg support is closed right now, and odds are, they'd send you over to Paypal anyways.

It doesn't have anything to do with international transactions?
      I don't think so because newegg is big over here too, its like Tigerdirect.ca, also known as tigerdirect.com in the states. The $$ are all in CDN too.

Comment

Are you on newegg.com or newegg.ca? Cause for the longest time newegg was USA only but just recently they released the Canadian version

Comment

In no way is this BF2 Discussion. Moving to Tech Centre.

Comment

Originally posted by Tomeis View Post
            Are you on newegg.com or newegg.ca? Cause for the longest time newegg was USA only but just recently they released the Canadian version
            Has anyone ordered anything from newegg.ca? I'd like to know if there are any complaints, some of the prices seem unbelievable.

Comment

Well newegg.ca is a lot better vs the "popular" stores like futureshop and what not..

Plus I did my research on my shopping cart, I basically bought my HD cam corder with a tonne of extra features and goodies on newegg.ca vs say buying it @ blacks for the same price or the sony version for 500$ more with out extra goodies.

And I got it to work finally today after I registered a credit card with newegg (jus got it in the mail today). So there you have it, you cannot buy things online from newegg even with a registered debit card and sufficient balance you need the credit card to at least initiate the purchase even though paypal will first use your balance to pay for the order vs using the credit card. kinda weird if you ask me, especailly because no one @ newegg.ca or paypal could figure out the problem!

Comment

Originally posted by System
                Well newegg.ca is a lot better vs the "popular" stores like futureshop and what not..

Plus I did my research on my shopping cart, I basically bought my HD cam corder with a tonne of extra features and goodies on newegg.ca vs say buying it @ blacks for the same price or the sony version for 500$ more with out extra goodies.

And I got it to work finally today after I registered a credit card with newegg (jus got it in the mail today). So there you have it, you cannot buy things online from newegg even with a registered debit card and sufficient balance you need the credit card to at least initiate the purchase even though paypal will first use your balance to pay for the order vs using the credit card. kinda weird if you ask me, especailly because no one @ newegg.ca or paypal could figure out the problem!
                Anything is better than futureshop, noob

Comment

I searched these forums, and some people were saying there are border taxes or something since everything comes from the US. I was just wondering if what you see is what you pay, or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Tomeis
                    Anything is better than futureshop, noob
                    noob? I'm not the one with the DELL rig here THOMAS! ahahahaha. Go sleep noob cuz u just signed off xfire lol.

no 4real futureassshop is horrible. there savings only brings back the exagerated price to that of what it is normally at a real store like canadacomputers, not even. they cant compare at all...

Originally posted by Neptune
                    I searched these forums, and some people were saying there are border taxes or something since everything comes from the US. I was just wondering if what you see is what you pay, or not.
                    yes there is CDN sales taxes involved and it seems to be all subbed into the final price in front of your eyes so no surprises.

Bytheway, I'm guessing you are CDN too and if you live in Ontario you are in for a treat,
                    go to Canadacomputers.com for wicked deals. Its very hard to find another place that outsells there store. they also off shipping for 7 bucks, but if you're like me and live in ontario you can just hit up one of there many retail stores throughout the GTA.

Comment

Having a dell doesnt make me a 'noob', it means i was one.
                      Ive seen a canadacomputers but never bothered to go inside. I might check it out one day though.

Comment

Originally posted by Neptune
                        Having a dell doesnt make me a 'noob', it means i was one.
                        Ive seen a canadacomputers but never bothered to go inside. I might check it out one day though.
                        Lol I was talking about Tomeis with his dell computer not you.

Check out there online website @ Canadacomputers.com

I always do my shopping there, I don't really bother to look around nemore either because 9/10 they are the cheapest around and only 10-15 minutes away from me vs say tigerdirect.ca which is 30-60 minutes away and they arn't usually cheaper than canadacomputers.

And don't forgot to actually click on an item while you are looking through the lists @ canadacomputers.com because they offer discount if you use debit/cash as payment vs credit and sometimes the savings are really good.

goodluck.

Comment

Working...
                        X