Rumor: EA's Spore Headed to Steam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rumor: EA's Spore Headed to Steam

Update: It appears as though the person who originally brought this up on the Steam forums has been banned. Why? He had both Spore and Warhammer on his Steam account, and we don't mean that he added a non-Steam game to his list.

Original: It began with Crysis and Crysis Warhead, but it now looks like even more titles from Electronic Arts are headed to Steam. A keen observer noticed the EULA for Spore tucked away on the Steam site.

As noted, this won't be the first EA title to appear on the Steam distribution platform. The Crysis titles were released just a few short months ago under the EA Partners label. What makes the appearance of the Spore EULA significant is the fact that it would make for the first in-house developed title from EA to appear on Steam.

If this goes through, we may start to see a huge surge of EA titles appearing on Steam. Titles including Dead Space, Mass Effect, Mirror's Edge, The Sims, and much more.

Source

Re: Rumor: EA's Spore Headed to Steam

Steam ftw

I hope BF3 comes to steam once it's finished

Comment

No, Steam FTL.

I dislike the fact they make my computer run more programs and use more memory and have more prompts just to play a game like Football Manager, all for a little convience.

No wai.

Comment

Steam uses about 0-1% cpu and has such a small memory footprint that, unless you're running 256MB of RAM, you shouldn't notice any issue.

Comment

I find Steam inconvenient for example when I want to run Half Life 2. I have the disc's and want to be able to just install via discs to hard drive or even steam without having to download everything, it always prompts me to do so.

Also funny thing him getting banned. I wonder what else is coming soon to Steam.

Comment

I believe all of EA's games should be available on STEAM . EADM is ok, but it does not offer the great STEAM user experience and ease of use. All the games I have from STEAM just work, no funny or weird licensing issues that I have had with EADM. Many of the silly DRM has been removed from many of the games that make the end user's experience worse then it needs to be.

If EA want's to make more sales then STEAM is the way to go.

Comment

Steam is superior to EADM. That is a fact. EA needs to concede to that fact.

Comment

I do think though that EA is smart to get more of their games onto Steam because of such a larger userbase.

Comment

I will support EA's transition to STEAM if they dump SecuROM 7.

The entire reason I didn't buy GTA4 off of STEAM is because it still retains that horrible DRM.

Comment

I'm confused, why would they have DRM on Steam?

I thought DRM just logs into a server to ensure your copy is legal? Or something like that... and then prevents you if you don't connect (or if your serial when you register has already been 'registered' 3 or more times before then it blocks you out etc.)

Steam everyone connects to it... you can't exactly steal a steam game and run it through steam? - Although you can still pirate steam games and run them offline // probably on some illegal server... but I don't think DRM is needed WITH Steam... It's like wearing two condoms at once... Or am I mistaken? I thought Steam kicks you out of any Steam games running if you disconnect from Steam?

Comment

yes while Steam is greatly superior to the EA jokedownloader, Valve are still forced into some restrictions, they want to host games because it will increase exposure for Steam but the companies putting their games on there will dictate the circumstances and still be responsible for updating the game (Valve simply get a steam certified update patch etc and then release it)

its not Valves fault when companies decide to keep their crappy drm in their games when Steam is a great authentication system by itself

Comment

Steaming towards BF3... sweet.

Comment

Originally posted by Manzi View Post
                          I find Steam inconvenient for example when I want to run Half Life 2. I have the disc's and want to be able to just install via discs to hard drive or even steam without having to download everything, it always prompts me to do so.

Also funny thing him getting banned. I wonder what else is coming soon to Steam.
                          You still can. I installed L4D and the Orange Box from disks with minimal issues.

Comment

http://storefront.steampowered.com/e...0/english.html well they have eula up for it as a testapp

Comment

Working...
                            X