Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shawn Zipay
    replied
    Arthur Gies from Polygon is one of those people. He just bleeds ignorance and a huge bias towards all things Microsoft. Polygon was one of the last major publications to report on this, having put an article up maybe an hour ago now.

GIVE ME EXAMPLES! NO, NOT FROM THERE, ELSEWHERE! What a tool.

EDIT:

Did he seriously just try to mention World of Warcraft? An MMO? A massively MULTIPLAYER ONLINE game? A single game genre that is MEANT to be played online? This guy's logic is non-existent. Holy shit, he just doesn't get it and THIS guy is the reviews editor for Polygon!

Leave a comment:

• CptainCrunch
    replied
    LOL!

There are actually people trying to defend the "always on" as "But there will be zero boot time and they didnt say that you had to be online, just that the box would be always on-line."

Im sorry, how does that make it OK or different?

Leave a comment:

• Shawn Zipay
    replied

Leave a comment:

• 5t3v0
    replied
    ^My thoughts exactly on why I don't trust the cloud. When you live in a country like Australia with Draconian Internet or just the general threat of outages on your end (nothing comparable to a power blackout) the cloud stops becoming a reality.

Leave a comment:

• CptainCrunch
    replied
    Microsoft has a huge disconnect with everything they do. Thats why they lost the phone market. Its why they lost the browser war. Its also why their hardware line is going to fade away despite the investments they are doing.

Its a shame they dont understand that someone who purchased an Xbox wants to still play their games when their internet goes down. Where I live there is a HUGE cable company that provides internet and it goes down all the time. Thankfully Im on DSL, but people get the xbox and have this company they lose their entire platform when the internet goes off.

I dont know all the details about Xbox. I dont own one. Think of this though; You own a console that is your central entertainment system. Games, Internet, movies, music, all that. Every time the internet goes down you lose all of it. Doesnt matter if its on the huge hard drive you purchased or the external NAS you have setup.

To me, that's like all your appliances turning off when you lose your water. It makes no sense at all.

Leave a comment:

• Shawn Zipay
    replied
    This guy is the Creative Director for Microsoft Studios...

He then tries to backtrack saying he was just joking with his buddy. Even though the first image had NOTHING to do with a back and forth exchange with his buddy.

So... I was already leaning towards the PS4 given the number of rumors on the next Xbox and how it's less powerful than the PS4 and the always-on crap. But if this is the kind of attitude on display to the public, I'm even less inclined to want a new Xbox when it comes out. Really idiotic move on his part. He made his Twitter private after this went down.

Leave a comment:

• DunkinSPE
    replied
    Their Avatars are quite gay anyway.

And since this is OSCYS....

Leave a comment:

• jimykx
    replied
    So they are all talking about the fake TGN? ( the ones that say the site is down)

Leave a comment:

• CptainCrunch
    replied
    People never check anything. They just blast off assuming they are correct. You see it in everything, even when gaming. I love telling someone to check that corner only for them to run through it and get killed.

Leave a comment:

• Shawn Zipay
    replied
    Every. Damn. Day...

Aside from a couple of people I blocked, which subsequently removes their @replies from showing up on my feed, that image is unedited. Meaning that in the most recent @replies to TGN's account, only ONE was a legitimate thing (a retweet). All the rest? Take a guess. And what the crap is up with "TGN Army"? Is that seriously what they're doing now? Jesus Christ.

Leave a comment:

• DunkinSPE
    replied
    That's right up there with Ipecac flavored cola.

Leave a comment:

• Shawn Zipay
    replied
    It was an inevitability we all secretly knew but refused to openly admit for fear of having to face the inherent existential dilemma it presents, but the fearless folks at Pepsico have decided to m…

Dumbest idea since Street Fighter The Movie: The Game.

Leave a comment:

• CptainCrunch
    replied
    These are my two favorite ERBs, and only because of the endings:

Leave a comment:

• CptainCrunch
    replied
    Oh come on! Its the bestest zombie game evar!

Leave a comment:

• Shawn Zipay
    replied
    Last week. I think that even if I had a copy, I wouldn't want to play it long enough to review it. Fortunately, that's not an issue.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X