The "Random Thoughts" Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shawn Zipay View Post
    Not that anyone is reading this thread but I've consolidated a LOT around the forums including pruning and moving thousands of threads and even more posts. Let me know if there is anything weird that you've seen.

Most visible changes include consolidations made to the Total BF/CoD/Valve sections. Change from Call of Duty: Black Ops Series to Call of Duty: Ghosts. All Ghosts posts moved to Call of Duty Past section. All news sections moved up for easier accessibility. Individual Source game sections consolidated into "Source Games" with the exception of Half-Life.

All media/support sections consolidated into the "Series" sections or individual games' sections where appropriate. Tech Center News/Guides moved to Tech Center with the other threads. Some hidden forums pruned and deleted (Total Medal of Honor, various empty forums, etc.). All Picture of the Day sections renamed to "archive" versions of what they were, and moved under the "News" sections of each Total area.
    I'm reading this thread...

Comment

• Originally posted by 5t3v0 View Post
      I'm reading this thread...
      Everyone reads this thread. All 7 of us
      Twitter: @CptainCrunch
      Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

• Cool, just let me know if there is stuff broken or you have ideas for even more consolidation. And by "stuff broken" I also mean things like things you should have access to but don't (albums, blogs, etc.).

Comment

• Originally posted by Shawn Zipay View Post
          Cool, just let me know if there is stuff broken or you have ideas for even more consolidation. And by "stuff broken" I also mean things like things you should have access to but don't (albums, blogs, etc.).
          Will do. At the risk of sounding like a suck up (oh who am I kidding, this is sucking up whether I'm sincere or not) thanks for all the work, despite how head-desky it must be with all the constant restarts...

Comment

• Updated to Windows 8.1 today. That was certainly... something.

Comment

• Starting to remember why I hated Dxtory when I tried it a year or two ago...

Codec selected was great EXCEPT when it randomly decided to just BUTCHER my video quality for no apparent reason. Was 1280x720 windowed mode, 300ish FPS in game, recorded at 60FPS, should've been no problem. Rest of the video quality was great EXCEPT WHEN IT DECIDED TO DO THIS IN THE FINAL, UN-TOUCHED BY MY HANDS OUTPUT...

Entire video down the drain because this happened too frequently during a 30 minute recording.

Comment

• These videos seem to be getting popular:

Comment

• My random thought today was "Do people really have nothing else to discuss except for Miley Cyrus' twerking and licking things?"

Comment

• Originally posted by Hurley View Post
                    My random thought today was "Do people really have nothing else to discuss except for Miley Cyrus' twerking and licking things?"
                    We werent discussing that until you brought it up.

Just saying

Comment

• You guys should be thankful I'm not reporting on any of this insanity going on this weekend concerning:

- Sony allegedly blocking video/audio capture on the PS4 for post-production work
                      - Journalists being absolutely livid on Twitter namely Adam Sessler (who seems to be considering leaving the industry entirely over this...) and Arthur Gies (possibly about... the PS4 capture thing? I honestly have no solid idea.)
                      - The whole... 720p vs. 1080p thing about how some (other) journalists claim there's no visible difference (bullshit).
                      - Ghosts running at 720p on XB1 vs 1080p on PS4 (well, I DID report on that one)
                      - BF4 running at 720p on XB1 vs... uh MAYBE running at 900p on PS4
                      - Kevin Dent posting a wall of text on NeoGAF that paints XB1 in a bright light and brings down Sony (see the first bullet point re video capture)
                      - People calling Kevin Dent out for being a massive XB1 fanboy and even outright refuting some of his claims (such as how dev kits for PS4 apparently cost $20K more than XB1 kits... even though it was already revealed that Sony is giving kits away to Indie studios (and maybe others) for free...
                      - People speculating that the journalists are livid because there is a move to provide copies of games to YouTube "celebs" instead of actual journalists (this has already been happening for a while though... sadly)
                      - People speculating that the journalists are livid because of something to do with Sony's event. Maybe tied to the YouTube celeb idea, maybe not. Maybe tied to video reviews being limited ONLY to footage Sony provides and that they won't be able to record their own. Maybe tied to the HDCP issue with recording from the PS4 for post-production? Who the hell knows.

Comment

• Ha, "journalists"

All I care about is this awesome TGN halloween theme!

Comment

• Fuck... Everything....

Just the latest in the clicky games online. Cookie Clicker, Golden Miner, Candy Box 2, now this...

Comment

• I dunno guys... TEMPTING!

TGN Partner Opportunity
                            Hey Shawn Zipay,

My name is Caleb Calvert and I work with TGN - one of the largest and most respected gaming networks worldwide. I noticed that your YouTube channel isn't currently partnered, so I'd like to tell you a little bit about who we are. Our goal is to help gamers monetize their content and get noticed, and so far we've helped over 4000 gamers live out their dreams. TGN partners receive professional support, content services, promotion, an exclusive web platform for everything you do on YouTube, and incredibly high RPMs.

You can also learn more about our YouTube program and our relationships with major eSports brands on our website (tgn.tv). Now is definitely the best time to join TGN - our parent company, BroadbandTV just received a $36,000,000 investment from RTL Group to help BBTV and TGN partners succeed!

I'd love to extend to you an invitation to join our network and gaming community, now that you know more about TGN. Signing up only takes a few moments. Let me know and we'll begin the partnering process. You can write me back anytime directly on YouTube, Skype or via email. Remember, you can always find out more at http://tgn.tv.

Thanks for your time!
                            (......)
                            I do like money! ... I do like people promoting my videos! ... I don't like having to give a cut of my already meager earnings to someone else, nor do I want to get locked into a contract that I cannot break out of whenever I want (which is common with these types of things).

There were also three other offers from other YouTube networks. TGN was not the only one but it was the one I decided to share here for obvious reasons.

Comment

• I just realised that the background is getting creepier and creepier by the day... Good work!

Comment

• This is still alive...?

Comment

Working...
                                X