The "Random Thoughts" Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jimykx View Post
    It's possible to make the upgrade to windows 10 already? didn't get any notification, thought it was only in July or something
    It's just a reservation for a download. It's not out yet.

Comment

• Yeah I finally got my prompt too! I just still didn't understand how does a "Reservation" for a download works. Is it reserving a spot on their servers? is it pre-downloading? From what I understand even after it is released you can still download it freely, right? Because I wish to wait for reviews etc

Comment

Yeah I finally got my prompt too! I just still didn't understand how does a "Reservation" for a download works. Is it reserving a spot on their servers? is it pre-downloading? From what I understand even after it is released you can still download it freely, right? Because I wish to wait for reviews etc
        Nobody really knows what the "reservation" does. It's a free update for Win7/8.x users for ... I forget how many months after release.

Anyway, I decided to install the preview on my laptop to test things out. No way in hell I'm going to run a pre-release build on my desktop right now in case some things don't work that I need to work for streaming, recording, gaming, etc.

It's still kind of broken (Cortana and the Notifications slider mainly). I'm on the slow builds as the fast track ones will probably be more broken in the short term. Other than that... it's Windows with a new number and some changes I don't particularly like. IE: I have no idea if it's even possible to snap Windows/Metro apps to the side and have desktop apps be full screen next to it. This is really useful in Windows 8.1 for me as I can snap Tweetium to the side as a slim sidebar for Twitter and have Chrome or whatever else open as "fullscreen" on the desktop side of things. Now, the only solution I found that would replicate this is to have both Tweetium and Chrome as windowed, which really doesn't work well for my work flow.

Microsoft Edge is... okay. It's a browser. It's minimal. It renders pages fine. Kind of hard to screw that up. Fake edit: When I tried to upload two images to Imgur using Edge, it did not open the file browser. I tried to drag and drop directly from Explorer and it refused to let me do that. So, that's a problem there.

Comment

• Looks pretty. I'm curious about how cortana will change the PC use. Can I just speak to her and she will search smth on google for me? I sure as hell don't want her to use bing

Comment

• When E3 gets nearer (actually, probably starting tonight), I'm going to use the "new" YouTube embed less and less because it screws up the main page unless I have a significant lead in of text before it.

I'll be using the old embed just for my own convenience when the news comes in hot and heavy from E3. WHAT THIS MEANS FOR YOU: There won't be a full screen video option on the videos using the old embed method. It sucks. I know. But this will allow me to rapidly post news with minimal text and not have it break the front page.

Comment

• That's cool. personally I always click on the post and watch it from there, I never watch any video directly from the front page, even though it's a very neat thing

Comment

• Is it true that sometimes you just have such nostalgia that you simply dont even give new games a chance? Am I getting older and losing my taste? reminds me of that south park episode where Stan turns 8 and he suddenly loses his love for gaming and other stuff cause hes getting older lol.

Comment

• To be honest I find it harder and harder to get exited for new games. Everything nowadays is so stale and self repeating and there is too much recycling. When you look at something, chances are you've already seen and experienced a good part of it.
                  Last game I genuinely felt really hyped for was Battlefield Bad Company 2, mostly because it was bringing destruction to the PC and it was all such a great new experience.
                  I did feel quite hyped for GTA V, but not nearly as I used to be.

Comment

• Hey Zips, I just saw your blog post but there wasn't really the option to leave a comment there.
                    While I've never really met you outside of reading your content and watching your videos I also didn't really notice your troubles had you not mentioned them. Its good to know that you are aware of these issues and that you are seeing a professional and striving to get better!
                    I wish you the best! Take care of yourself as I wish to continue reading and watching the great content you put out as I have been doing for years

Comment

• Thanks, jimykx. I appreciate it.

Comment

• If anyone needs a copy of Payday 2 i have one sitting in my gifts, still unsent from a year ago.

And I'm alive....still.
                        "We're all very different people. We're not Watusi. We're not Spartans. We're Americans, with a capital 'A', huh? You know what that means? Do ya? That means that our forefathers were kicked out of every decent country in the world. We are the wretched refuse. We're the underdog. We're mutts! Here's proof: his nose is cold! But there's no animal that's more faithful, that's more loyal, more loveable than the mutt." -John Winger (Bill Murray) Stripes

Comment

• Originally posted by DunkinSPE View Post
                          If anyone needs a copy of Payday 2 i have one sitting in my gifts, still unsent from a year ago.

And I'm alive....still.
                          Sup dunkin! What have you been up to?

Comment

• The "new" Battlefield forums are horrible looking. Its like forums from early 2000 or something. I really hope they upgrade that.
                            Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                            Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Sup dunkin! What have you been up to?
                              Work, Work, and Work. And KF from time to time. Still waiting on KF2 to get some kind of enema to make it playable for me.
                              "We're all very different people. We're not Watusi. We're not Spartans. We're Americans, with a capital 'A', huh? You know what that means? Do ya? That means that our forefathers were kicked out of every decent country in the world. We are the wretched refuse. We're the underdog. We're mutts! Here's proof: his nose is cold! But there's no animal that's more faithful, that's more loyal, more loveable than the mutt." -John Winger (Bill Murray) Stripes

Comment

• Originally posted by CptainCrunch View Post
                                The "new" Battlefield forums are horrible looking. Its like forums from early 2000 or something. I really hope they upgrade that.
                                I just looked. Blargh! Those look horrendous.

Originally posted by DunkinSPE View Post
                                Work, Work, and Work. And KF from time to time. Still waiting on KF2 to get some kind of enema to make it playable for me.
                                You mean the framerate is bad or something? Or something else? So far KF2 has been running very well for me, even with the Flex stuff re-enabled with the last updates.

Comment

Working...
                                X